{No Longer Recruiting} eXorsus Subfaction page 33

874 posts

Flag Post

Hobo, I’m no expert and others can correct me. Slowing down his housing is one thing, but does he have housing on his OPs? If so, he can continue to attack. I think a bigger help would be to take down his map room. I think that would keep him from getting to his map. Just my thoughts. I hope others will reply also.

In the meantime, I came here to post the following upgrade:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Flag Post

Hobo might ask one of the members for some jumper assistance. With main yard housing it can only reach a max of 10 hexes so if his yard is further away then that he would be attacking via OPs. Other wise all i could say is continue doing what your doing and try cripple him

Flag Post

Hobo: Tough decisions. If there are Kozu OPs in the area, I would recommend taking those over. I’m not sure how large his empire is, but if he’s still using WMTs as a crutch, that might help. Honestly, the best way to wear someone down is to not back down. It’s helpful that you have another guy attacking him. I don’t usually recommend attacking housing… while I realize that it’s a way to cripple them, I would see it as an annoyance if he’s a higher level than you are. Personally, that would make me want to crush you even more. If you’re going to attack him, make sure you take out the entire base. You need him to see you as a threat. You don’t want to seem like a person that can only go for the low blows.

Unfortunately, the housing and map room have low repair times. I think a fully damaged map room is only 8 minutes to repair.

Food for thought.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LAXKING21:

dante i have yo stay ahead of u. u caught up on me while i was gone!

I don’t know about that, i am level 36 now. ;)

@dad_e_oh, congrats man :D

@Hobo, The only piece of advice i can think of that others didn’t mention is that you should be mindful of your new ally. You never know, today’s ally might be tomorrow’s enemy and if he is as strong as your current enemy, he might turn on you at some point. Of course i might just be a bit paranoid. >.>

Flag Post
Originally posted by dad_e_oh:

Hobo, I’m no expert and others can correct me. Slowing down his housing is one thing, but does he have housing on his OPs? If so, he can continue to attack. I think a bigger help would be to take down his map room. I think that would keep him from getting to his map. Just my thoughts. I hope others will reply also.

In the meantime, I came here to post the following upgrade:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Originally posted by mrmean666:

Hobo might ask one of the members for some jumper assistance. With main yard housing it can only reach a max of 10 hexes so if his yard is further away then that he would be attacking via OPs. Other wise all i could say is continue doing what your doing and try cripple him

Originally posted by Spyder:

Hobo: Tough decisions. If there are Kozu OPs in the area, I would recommend taking those over. I’m not sure how large his empire is, but if he’s still using WMTs as a crutch, that might help. Honestly, the best way to wear someone down is to not back down. It’s helpful that you have another guy attacking him. I don’t usually recommend attacking housing… while I realize that it’s a way to cripple them, I would see it as an annoyance if he’s a higher level than you are. Personally, that would make me want to crush you even more. If you’re going to attack him, make sure you take out the entire base. You need him to see you as a threat. You don’t want to seem like a person that can only go for the low blows.

Unfortunately, the housing and map room have low repair times. I think a fully damaged map room is only 8 minutes to repair.

Food for thought.

Okay, I’m going to specify a bit more about the situation, as it seems much of this advice depends on certain things.

Robert is three levels higher than me. This is a pretty small scale war, I had about 10 OPs before this started (now I have one :P). Robert had at least three times that. There is only one OP between our main yards, so he is probably attacking me with his main (although it is always possible that he will move it). He has starter kits on his OPs, so he has housings. I don’t think he uses them, since our yards are so close. I think we are in different timezones also, as I only see him on late at night.

I attacked his housing for that very reason. He had a bunch of daves, zafreeti, and other monsters that he had probably trained before I woke up. So I targeted his housing to take out those monsters. I think it worked, as he only took one OP today. That’s one flaw with his base design. They are all clumped together. I took them out with pokey. :P

I realize it may piss him off, but why is that a bad thing? Being mad puts him in no better position to attack, no better position to defend. He is already trying to take all my outposts, I don’t see how he can do much more than that. I don’t disagree with your guys advice, as you are all more experienced at this than me, but I want to know why I should and why I shouldn’t.

Originally posted by Dante_Dreiman:

dante i have yo stay ahead of u. u caught up on me while i was gone!

I don’t know about that, i am level 36 now. ;)

@dad_e_oh, congrats man :D

@Hobo, The only piece of advice i can think of that others didn’t mention is that you should be mindful of your new ally. You never know, today’s ally might be tomorrow’s enemy and if he is as strong as your current enemy, he might turn on you at some point. Of course i might just be a bit paranoid. >.>

Sorry bro, I think your paranoid. ;)

Edit: If any jumpers want to come and help, message me, although I’m not really sure how to send an invite. =/

Flag Post

(I’m just guessing your asking how to send an invite for someone to come to you)
You send them an invite, if there on WM, from an outpost and wait for them to accept it, you lose the OP forever but now you got yourself back up.

Flag Post

Sorry I have not been on Kongregate in a while (my computer broke down). I will try to catch up on everthing new. Sorry!

Flag Post

Anybody know when u get 6 silos?

Flag Post

Level 9 town hall.

Flag Post

Well that’s fan-freaking-tastic, KIXEYE is pulling the plug on Kong BYM….

Flag Post

Yep. Screw KIXEYE. They’re money whores.

If anybody wants to find me, I play a lot of other MMO’s. I also play Minecraft (if you want to play with me, pm me, and I’ll give you the ip for my favorite server). As for this game, well I guess it’s over for me. I won’t be moving to Facebook, they’re just as retarded as KIXEYE. I don’t need a sh!tty social site to live my life.

If they decide to change their mind to something decent for once in their lives, and not close down this game, pm me and I’ll be back.

Unless that happens, I officially quit this game, and this alliance. It’s been good guys, I actually created my account solely for the purpose of playing this game. That seems to have been a waste.

Goodbye – HoboMcJoe

PS. F**k you KIXEYE.

Flag Post

Well said Hobo my friend, i am in exactly the same situation. I only made a Kong account because of this game. If that get’s taken out, i delete this account the same moment. I am not planning to move to FB, i didn’t make a FB account when my friends were asking me to keep in touch with them more easily, i will become a laughing matter if i make an account to play BYM.

Flag Post

Well said Hobo my friend, i am in exactly the same situation. I only made a Kong account because of this game. If that get’s taken out, i delete this account the same moment. I am not planning to move to FB, i didn’t make a FB account when my friends were asking me to keep in touch with them more easily, i will become a laughing matter if i make an account to play BYM.

Don’t quit Kong! This game isn’t worth that. If you quit Kong, who will I have for pointless spam chains? D:

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Snap902:

Level 9 town hall.

Thanks Snap.

Also, whats this about closing BYM?

Flag Post

KIXEYE made an announcement that they will be closing the Kong BYM servers or something. All I know for sure is in a near future BYM on kong won’t exist anymore.

Flag Post

Sigh, either keep my dignity and not play on Facebook, or be shamed of self and play on Facebook. Tough choice.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Prosuer:

Sigh, either keep my dignity and not play on Facebook, or be shamed of self and play on Facebook. Tough choice.

Die with honor, my friend.

Flag Post

For those of you who are interested in continuing to Facebook, or even if you’re not interested, Justin, Anduin, Seven and I have created forums for continuing the game, or the community. The link is here: http://betrayals-revenge.forumotion.com/ Feel free to sign up.

Flag Post

Dante and Hobo: I might suggest hanging on until the end. As Hobo said, Kong has other good games. Although, I only created my account here to play BYM. Maybe something will change in the next month. Maybe you can level up at least one more time. :)

Flag Post

I will never betray Kongregate, I made up my mind, I will never go to facebook.
Thank you Spyder, signing up now actually.

Flag Post

Keep in mind, everyone… We have no idea if this will actually happen now. KIX removed those posts very quickly. I bet they realized what they proposed was insane. We’ll see what happens.

Flag Post

Post has been put back up: http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=321222

Flag Post
Originally posted by Spyder:

Keep in mind, everyone… We have no idea if this will actually happen now. KIX removed those posts very quickly. I bet they realized what they proposed was insane. We’ll see what happens.

The post has returned! Obviously they realized absolutely nothing.
We can always keep on hoping, but I doubt KIXEYE will come to their senses.

Originally posted by dad_e_oh:

Dante and Hobo: I might suggest hanging on until the end. As Hobo said, Kong has other good games. Although, I only created my account here to play BYM. Maybe something will change in the next month. Maybe you can level up at least one more time. :)

Sorry, but I’m not planning to continue to play a game that is going to die in a few weeks.

I’ll probably still be checking these forums until the game is gone for good though.
Then, I’m moving on. It’s been great here. It’s odd that such a strong community developed on such an unsupported game. If you go to games like TDP4, it’s just full of trolls and spam on the forums. Somehow, players developed their own little government here. It’s really amazing when you think about it, how different it could have been.
On another note, I’m still pissed at KIXEYE. D:<

Flag Post

@Hobo: I don’t know you very well, but whatever your decision is, it has been good chatting with you here on BYM and discussing game strategies. Best of luck in the future.