BYM AWARDS- The winners are known! [UPDATED!]

35 posts

Flag Post

second annual BYM awards, concerning the year 2012

hello ladies and gents,

today we reveal the winners of the contest. I would like to thank all of you guys, for both nominating and voting. Without your effort, there would/could be no votings.

The results

before I go straight to the winners, I would like to congratulate all nominated. apparantly, there is someone in this community that thinks that you deserve a chance to win atleast one of these awards. well, with no further upholds, I present to you the results of the awards!

results below aren’t all. I am going to post a dl link to an excel file containing all of my math. for everyone to see all votes. there is an example on the first sheet, with each sheet containing one question. if someone has any questions about how I have done the votings, please post below. remember, intotal there were 38 votes cast.

The most knowledgeable/experience member is……

This one has been won by sevenduster1!!!, with 7 votes! congratulations sevenduster, you are seen as a smart, wise, player by the community. Thank you for your input to our community!

Most Influential Member is…

sevenduster1!!! again! yes, it was a close call against spyder, but with the final vote casted, sevenduster has won this award aswell! Congratulations to both, for the exciting climax. And apparantly, you are infuential for your brains ;).

the most likeable member is…..

sevenduster1!!! another time? yes again, seems like seven is popular around here, or atleast for his brains :). this time, it was a close call against cefia with a difference of 1 vote. Congratulations.

the most helpful member award goes to…….

Battlecock!!!No more than logical actually. Always present in chatroom to help out the lesser knowing, to help people have a good time, and known as the inventor of the noob-question hour in chatroom one. It was a close call, with a 1 vote lead, but you were able to win the award. congratulations.

The Troll Trophy goes to……

zys123!!!!! As winner of the trophy from last year, its no more than obvious he was going to win it again this year. He gave his competitors a big wooping, as he beat them with 21 out of the 38 votes! Congratulations zys, and in the words of blimpy: trolls gotta troll.

The Thread of the Year is…..

how to create an succesfull alliance!" by spyder!!! Thank you spyder, for making this thread, apparantly it was the best thread of the year, and has helped numerous people set up an (succesfull) alliance.

Flag Post

The most helpfull Thread of the Year is…..

The base creation thread by dragonarcherzz!!!!!! Ofcourse, I first of all want to thank dragonarcherz for making the thread, but besides from him, I want to thank everyone that has helped out on the thread. We can only use it if we do it together, and together, we can teach the younger players more about the game! Thank you for that.

The best Alliance Member of the Year is…..

sevenduster1 , greenberet92 a tie between cefia and clambam!!!!! How come this? sevenduster1 and greenberet92 actually had more votes, but, they dont fulfill the requirements O.O . sevenduster1 started with 11 votes, but as he is an Alliance leader, and greenberet92 was runner up with 7 votes,but is not a member of any alliance. Sorry guys, and that means that cefia and clambam both are best alliance members!! Congratulations eXo with cefia, keep an close eye on him, and the same goes to TDK with clambam!

if read in another way (seeing 2012 as a whole, not at this instance) , you could put it in the following: seven, you were the best member of TKE, and greenberet92, you were the best member of exo until you left, and are now the most wanted member for someone’s alliance!

The best Alliance Leader of the Year is…..

Spyder!!!! He has done a tremendous job leading eXorsus, and even going up against the flames of avarice co-lead account, 3 leaders of the Dragon knights, the shared teuti from teutoborg forest, and tigergen, the leader from the tiger alliance, he has still won! Congratulations Spyder!

Flag Post

The best Alliance of the Year is…..

eXorsus!!!!! officialy started as an counterstike clan, merged August the 8th of this year towards BYM, and with such a leader, you don’t expect anything else. Congratulations to all exorsus members!

The most threatening Alliance of the Year is…..

Flames of Avarice!!!!! a force to be reckoned with, controlling the game ;). established this year in september, co-lead by Daniel6505, justin_M1 and sevenduster1 ( no just in alphabetical order, nothing to do with someone being a noob), so still a young alliance, and were just in time to win one of the awards of this years voting! Congratulations to all FoA members!

The most helpfull Alliance of the Year is…..

The Dragon Knights!!!!! Well, for me it is hard to say what is so good about ourselves, I would like someone to post down below a reply, and I will edit it in, dont think it is good to talk about something concerning myself.

The Member of the Year is…..

Spyder!!!! Thank you, on behalf of the community, for your input into this community. you have helped numerous people out, not only from your own alliance, but also total randoms. we are very happy with your presence on these forums, and may it remain here for a long time as a role model!

I am looking forward to next year, hope you are aswell! that concludes the bym annual awards of this year, congratulations to all winners!

IF there are any remarks, comments, compliments, suggestions or what so ever, PLEASE DO post below. Thank you very much!

Flag Post

The suspense is killing me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Justin_M3:

The suspense is killing me.

It is for you and me.
Happy new year eve Wave. Don’t party to hard…. actually go ahead, it’s new years.

Flag Post

Have a great New Year’s Eve, Wave! Don’t party TOO hard, though… If you party too hard and are too overhung tomorrow to share the results, we’ll all be dead from suspense by the time you get around to it ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by GreenBeret92:

Have a great New Year’s Eve, Wave! Don’t party TOO hard, though… If you party too hard and are too overhung tomorrow to share the results, we’ll all be dead from suspense by the time you get around to it ;)

Maybe that’s the ploy? We all die so he takes all the spots! Genius idea… lol that was a fun thought I had. Good luck everyone, and every thread and a very Merry NEW YEAR

Flag Post

emergency placeholder, due to a lot of coding.

Flag Post

Congratulations Spyder, Seven, Zys, Cefia, clambam, Green, eXo, FoA, TDK, The Base creation thread, Dragonarcher, How to create a succesful alliance (It is not on my FF tab bar for easy acces/easy way to kong…) and Battlecock!

Flag Post

Wow, Sevenduster and Spyder sweeped this :P

Congrats to all who won!

Flag Post

How did green not win anything?!? :(
Mainly, how did I not win the MotY Award??? (jk)
Congrats to seven and Spy for winning most of the awards.

Flag Post
Originally posted by alecsunistoast:

How did green not win anything?!? :(
Also, how did I not win the MotY Award??? (jk)
Congrats to seven and Spy for winning most of the awards.

Well he half won, he won but not technical.

Flag Post

I think Seven is still qualified to win that award, as a leader is still part of an alliance, and Green should be able to as well, as he WAS a member this year.

Anyway, grats to all, especially Spyder and Seven. :)

Flag Post

Surprised TFO didn’t get influential or any for that matter, guess nubs are forgetting him? O.o

Flag Post
Originally posted by zys123:

Surprised TFO didn’t get influential or any for that matter, guess nubs are forgetting him? O.o

He stated himself, he didn’t want to be taken along in these elections, due to him going afk. I think that request was heard.

Originally posted by dragonologist23:

I think Seven is still qualified to win that award, as a leader is still part of an alliance, and Green should be able to as well, as he WAS a member this year.

Anyway, grats to all, especially Spyder and Seven. :)

that depends on how you see these votings, do you see them as a moment capture ( like me, about the right now) , or as a reflection of last year? first option, is what I think, and I think my actions would suite this opinion. seccond option, seven would win as member of TKE, not as a member of FoA, with all respect, because oftherwise the alliance leader award would fall away. But thanks for your opinion, nice to see some feedback.

EDIT: as promised, I will upload my excel sheets tomorrow ( the excel file will be a dropbox link, thanks to zys for helping me remind of that option ;) ), which explain how I have done my counting, and how many votes everyone got exactly.

Flag Post

Congrats everyone that won!

Flag Post

All I can say is wow. Thank you everyone who took place in the voting! And congratulations to all of the winners! I can’t begin to say how thankful I am for all of you. Perfect that the votes were put up today! Here’s to another successful year! Perhaps including updates? :o

Flag Post

I would like to nominate this thread as the most self congratulatory, egocentric and vain piece of clap trap that I have ever laid eyes on.

Flag Post

thank you very much. I have put over 20 hours of work into this, just so you know. If you can put down some constructive criticism, I would be happy to serve you a good discussion/debate, but until you atleast give some reasons why, there is only one thing I can say: nominations are closed, just like the voting.

Flag Post

Congratulations to all the winners, and Happy New Year everyone! I’d like to thank everyone who nominated and voted for me and I’d also like a list of the people who didn’t vote for me so I can hunt them down. In all seriousness, though, it was an honor running against the other competitors. I couldn’t have lost to any finer players than you guys :) And Wave, thanks for all the hard work you put into this when you coulda been out enjoying your holidays. I hope everyone else appreciates it as much as I do.

Flag Post

Congratulations to all the winners. And Wave, if you were truly going alphabetical, NOOB comes after Justin and before Seven. Honest mistake.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JustinM2:

Congratulations to all the winners. And Wave, if you were truly going alphabetical, NOOB comes after Justin and before Seven. Honest mistake.

Wait, I don’t get this. Who is “NOOB”? There is nobody named that up there.

Flag Post

Well, before I go on with why I’m posting… Yardigans: are you simple or stupid, boy? You can’t be both.

Suddenly I’m realizing why i wasn’t nominated for most friendly…

Wave: Can we put the names of the winners into a hat and pull someone to receive the award? Obviously I don’t want/need it, but someone needs to get a prize :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Spyder:

Well, before I go on with why I’m posting… Yardigans: are you simple or stupid, boy? You can’t be both.

Suddenly I’m realizing why i wasn’t nominated for most friendly…

Wave: Can we put the names of the winners into a hat and pull someone to receive the award? Obviously I don’t want/need it, but someone needs to get a prize :)

fine,give each award ( winner) a number, 1-13, and hit a random number generation. when do you want to do it?

Flag Post

Just come and let chatzy decide :P

http://us6.chatzy.com/63146719811832

/choose :P

Make a chatzy and send out the link to everyone for the drawing date and time, then use /choose or /rolldie # to find the winner. :P