[IMPORTANT] Backyard Monsters' article at Kongregate Wikia

11 posts

Flag Post

Hello everyone! I recently noticed that the Backyard Monsters’ article over at the Kong Wiki was non-existent…! I decided to create it, but I’m not very knowledgeable about the game, nor its secrets, quests, upgrades, tips or tricks.
How about we change that?

You guys are amazing at this game and I’m sure that some of you can add very useful information about this awesome game over at the Wiki! If you guys work together it will surely become an awesome article. You guys up for the task? =)
The raw link to the article is as follows:
(http://kongregate.wikia.com/wiki/Backyard_Monsters)

Flag Post

If I may ask, why is it so importent that we get info about this game onto the Kong wiki? Backyard Monsters already has its own separate wiki, as the game is mainly for facebook, not Kong. If you need info, you can get it in much more detail on that wiki. Besides, I don’t know about you, but I almost never use the Kong wiki. I barely knew it exists 0.o

Flag Post

Because Backyard Monsters is very important on Kongregate! It has over 38 million plays :D
Thing is, you guys are awesome at this. We at the Kong Wiki and Kongregate itself need help with that article, since this is such an amazingly complex game (when compared to other flash games)! Nothing like making an article for you favorite game on your favorite website’s Wiki, right? (:

Flag Post

It’s a dead and neglected game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HolyLasagna:

Because Backyard Monsters is very important on Kongregate! It has over 38 million plays :D
Thing is, you guys are awesome at this. We at the Kong Wiki and Kongregate itself need help with that article, since this is such an amazingly complex game (when compared to other flash games)! Nothing like making an article for you favorite game on your favorite website’s Wiki, right? (:

Favorite game. That’s how I felt at first too :(

Flag Post

Grammar nutz might enjoy that wiki thingy as it is right now =P

Flag Post

Someone made a small edit, thanks!! Could somebody very knowledgeable about the game make a big edit on it? We need help! Thanks! :D

Flag Post

I made that small edit of typing in “originates from Facebook”. I kinda wanted to include that they also only update the FB version and that Kong is abandoned, but I didn’t know if it fitted in there. Anyways, I’d do a big edit, but then I’d rather update the “Ultimate BYM Super Guide” first of all, since it’s a sticky.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HolyLasagna:

Someone made a small edit, thanks!! Could somebody very knowledgeable about the game make a big edit on it? We need help! Thanks! :D

I have done some stuff on the monster part, but its all weird in contra to the official wiki. So we need to keep an eye on that ( I just copied and pasted from the official wiki while removing all the hyperlinks etc that go back to the other wiki ;) ).

It would be much better if we could use several pages, just like the official wiki does, but at this instance this is ok I presume.

Flag Post

Thanks for the help everybody!! It’s really hard to get awesome articles for big games – we at the Wiki need help from the pros like yourselves. =)

Flag Post

There are many people here with vast amounts of experience and knowledge who would be happy to support kongregate and kixeye and share their knowledge, but it should be a two way thing. Where is our support? Where are the updates? Why is nothing done about the huge amount of hackers on this game? Why are all the glitches not ironed out?
I’d be happy to contribute, but only if there is support also coming the other way, as zys said it is a neglected game. I think if kongregate and kixeye were to pull their fingers out and support BYM on kongregate then they would have a lot more players supporting them, and more players playing again and would earn more money from people buying shiney…but as it is at the moment it is just becoming overrun with hackers, so why would anybody here bother wasting their money on shiney when others just hack it, or can hack their account and make them lose it all?
Kixeye does not listen to us, so hopefully they listen to you, the kongregate team. If you really want to be successful then I would suggest you ask kixeye to update everything except for world map three, then I am sure you will have a lot of the old players from here playing again, as well as a lot of facebook players migrating here also

Rant over…..