Suggestions page 32

996 posts

Flag Post

just a thought to reward long serving CoH members 10 plat for level 100,20 plat for 200,30 plat for 300 and so on,Make sure they back date it so high level players have not missed out :)

Flag Post

Mososh should let us craft the friggin DemonFire Plate already. It is not logical to spend 50 plat for the bonuses that the DemonFire set has to offer. Even if you had crafted all the other set pieces, it is still better to spend that plat in anything else.

Flag Post

I’ve been thinking about our PVP rewards…

If we win against somebody with higher stats, shouldnt we get the higher reward? And converselry, if we win against somebody with lower stats—shouldnt we only get 1-2xp? I propose to manage PVP rewards based upon a graded scale, for example;

Say a person has 100points allocated to PVP stats(str/spd/kno/fort) and they fight somebody with 126stats or more(+25%), shouldnt they get 2-3xp? Cut out the 1xp in this scenario.

This is, usually, only possible by way of clever stat allocation or by purchasing wepons with higher ability—either way should get get higher rewards then somebody who has much higher stats and is attacking people of lower skill?

The graded scale I’m proposing is based entirely off of base stats, as most people scroll through the battle list and look at stat colors to decide who to hit.

With risk, comes reward.

Flag Post

^ I like it

Flag Post

the suggestion that backyard_chris4 made:

good idea, nice middle-ground between tier 5’s and ultras are needed. the idea about whole drops is also nice… well, it would be nice to not have to craft something. i also like the idea about insanely powerful pvp gear.

gog and malikar dies fast because of heavy-hitters. I’ve joined and did a couple million damage and logged out to let energy/stam regenerate. all three were dead by the time i could restore a couple hundred points…

I suggest making your idea limited to -750k BBB, that way we are more likely to be able to do some damage to it.

Flag Post

backyard_chris4’s suggestion is legit.

chrisp2323’s should keep in mind the raids that need a heavy-hitter to finish, as remined by soulsease.

lookatmyhorse suggested letting heavy-hitters participate, WHEN INVITED

i like that

I suggested to also allow officers to invite heavy-hitters, if it is guild raid

Flag Post

A thought on allies.

Currently, Allies are split into six categories, with each one doing different levels of damage as per the formulae in the Wiki. Based on the level of damage they do, they have a different value to the player. Currently, the 150 human allies are split between the various ally categories such that the first allies go into the most useful/valuable categories, and by the time you get to the last 70 (Sellswords), you are filling in the less useful/valuable categories.

At the moment, you can only buy Elite Mercenaries; these are the same value as your Knights. The remaining categories of Mercenaries, Heavy & Light Infantry, and Sellswords are fixed.

I was wondering about having the opportunity to purchase allies in different categories? Currently, an Elite Merc is worth 3.33 plat (3 Elite Mercs for 10 plat). Suppose you could buy Mercenaries at 3 for 8 plat? Heavy Infantry at 3 for 6 plat? Light Infantry at 3 for 4 plat? And Sellswords for, say, 100k gold apiece.

I have not gone through the formulae in detail to work out the relative weight of each category in terms of raid assistance power, and therefore the correct amount of plat per ally purchased – could be Mercs at 3/7, Heavies at 3/5, Lights at 3/3 for instance – that should probably be considered.

The element for me that would be very interesting is the Sellswords for gold. For longer-serving players, there comes a point where gold is less useful to you – you can’t buy allies with it, you can’t buy plat with it, and once you have purchased all the gear you possibly can, you just end up storing it up. Being able to buy Sellswords, despite the low level of damage they actually do, would be a way to use up some of that gold (and would mean you could buy more deathclubs to equip them, thereby using more gold).

This would obviously require some programming to allow the categories of allies to expand, and ultimately it would mean that you would need to increase the total number of items you can hold in inventory so that you can equip all allies with weapons, but it would give us something practical and useful to do with some of that gold we are storing up.

Thoughts?

Flag Post

Nice idea, soul! I’d suggest making the sellswords a little more expensive, like 1-5m each—but, yeah, they should be gold as we need something to spend it on! haha

Edit:While I’m here might as well make a suggestion of my own; Character Builds. Every account gets a bonus to energy when they get a new level, usually +5 or +10. I suggest allowing us to choose whether we want that bonus to go into energy OR STAM!. Would be fun haha

Flag Post

I use the heros list to spend my stam on pvp and more than 50 times a day i get the message, "You can only battle each hero 10 times each day. Click here to go to the Battle list. "

Please, please, PLEASE prevent people from popping up on list if already battled 10 times! Just until server reset, thx

Flag Post

I know it means a lot of extra work ,but it would be really cool if higher difficulty settings came with new shop items or improved versions of the old ones.

Flag Post

A player finder please.

Flag Post

1. I know this has probably been suggested a thousand times, but some sort of gold to platnium exchange.
2. A market to buy crafties with gold, since you can craft from level one, but so far (for me at least) all my crafties have come from daily combo codes.
3. Automatic refill of energy every day; say at the same time as the daily combo. Because right now Im at 7+ hours for my energy to refill, and i can not level up that fast even with PvP for the extra xp, and im only level 28.

Flag Post

Any chance to give the guild notebook one more little info-feature about who left/joined the guild? Thx.

Flag Post

backyard_chris4: been thing about pvp; would be super-sweet if we didnt see the same names on heros list after we fought them 10 times—until server reset, ya know?

Blutsturz: yeah!

Flag Post

Yes, this a repost of a repost of a repost… of a repost! But for active PvP’ers, this is a real pain.

Pretty please…any chance at all that you can do something about the Battles screen? I’ve just gone to the battles screen, and seen three members of my own guild, and two people that I’ve already battled 10 times today. Is there any way to exclude your own guild members, and/or if you have already hit someone 10 times today, that they should not then appear – would be so much better if the Battle screen just showed those you could battle!

As per my previous (previous, previous) post:

Battles – just reiterating that it would be really useful when going to the Battle list to have the following options:

1) An option to exclude all members of the guild that you belong to, so you don’t battle your own guild members by accident

2) Anyone that you have already battled should not appear on the Battle list until you can actually battle them again – on a slow connection it’s a real pain when you click on a name, and it tells you that you can only battle them 10 times in a day, so you have to go back to the battle list.

Thanks.

Flag Post

Why cant an option to trade items within a guild be made it would foster more team work within a guild

Flag Post

Completely agree and second soulsease re battling guild memebers and those you already hit 10 times.

Mososh, thanks for the generals update!

Flag Post
Originally posted by soulsease:

Yes, this a repost of a repost of a repost… of a repost! But for active PvP’ers, this is a real pain.

Pretty please…any chance at all that you can do something about the Battles screen? I’ve just gone to the battles screen, and seen three members of my own guild, and two people that I’ve already battled 10 times today. Is there any way to exclude your own guild members, and/or if you have already hit someone 10 times today, that they should not then appear – would be so much better if the Battle screen just showed those you could battle!

As per my previous (previous, previous) post:

Battles – just reiterating that it would be really useful when going to the Battle list to have the following options:

1) An option to exclude all members of the guild that you belong to, so you don’t battle your own guild members by accident

2) Anyone that you have already battled should not appear on the Battle list until you can actually battle them again – on a slow connection it’s a real pain when you click on a name, and it tells you that you can only battle them 10 times in a day, so you have to go back to the battle list.

Thanks.

HEAR, HEAR! Comeon’, Mososh… Just hire a pro to code that filter, already! Or go ahead and make the switch to Java, like I suspect you are considering…

Flag Post

I have a guess that something like this hasn’t been implemented yet due to the difficulty of tracking the 10 battles. I did have a thought that you might be able to implement easier: instead of trying to track the 10 battles, just track if the person has clicked/visited the link. That may be easier to filter out, or even a graphic representation will speed up the process if we know we’ve already visited the character. Of course have the tracking reset every day (even if it means I have to go in and manually delete a cookie on my computer!)

This is obviously not a very elegant solution to the problem, but it is definitely better than nothing at all. :)

Flag Post

For players searching for ally is long to click on all profile you see in a raid or in the arena or anywhere else to find that you already have a person as an ally or you already made up the request (for 10 is not too much but with 150+ ally keeping them in mind is not easy).

So, my idea, puttind a little A icon beside names:
- Blue\Azure if is already your ally
- Yellow if he reached the max number of ally
- Grey if you already have send an ally request
- NO icon if nothing of the above so you can easly spot possible ally
(Color choice made to be easy detectable and to noth bother daltonics, red and green in a small icon is a pain)

Flag Post

A post alone for this:

We need a way to block all message exept the automated message for ally request or eventual message from the administrator, i’m bored to hell to get request of joining guld.

In alternative an option in your profle to show on guild voice “MYSELF!” or something like that so no one will bother you.

Flag Post

Maharid, couldn’t you just create a guild and be the sole member of it? Effectively, this would do the same thing as what you suggest…

Flag Post

Perhaps a stupid suggessiton, but why cant we sell weapons that can only be achieved via platinum for platnium? Example: I have 6 marine deck rifles that i achieved through raiding. The only way to buy them is with 5 platnium. Yet to sell them is only worth 200 gold. Honestly i would rather keep them at 200 gold. However if i could sell them for say 1 platnium apiece, i would do so in a heartbeat. If only so i could buy more allies or an energy refill; becuase, i get 1200 gold every time i whack a level 3 monster in a raid, meaning selling them isnt worth it to me. Yet selling for platnium would so totally be worth it.

Flag Post

no offense, but that is stupid, if i got a plat for every weapon/armor that i got in a raid that’s supposed to be bought with plat, i would never pay a dime for this game, and neither would anybody else, unless they were just plain stupid. the game wouldn’t make any money, no more updates, no more CoH

Flag Post

not really, becuase if i sold all my plat weapons and armour that i dont use for 1 plat apiece, i would have lets see… 10 additional platnium. exactly enough for an energy refill or a 3 allies. hardly a game breaker, since there will always be people who pour money into the game to get those things even faster. at roughly 2 raids per level, and im level 40= 80 raids resulting in 10 platnium, that means 1 additional platnium for every 8 levels, and i gain 1 level a day roughly, and the weapon i want is 50 plantium, in roughly 50 weeks or a year i could buy 1 additional weapon that i want. I would hardly say that is a game breaker, and since i dont pay to play, there would be no additional money lost. but i would be more likely to rate the game up which would leave it on the front page of kongregate longer and draw in more people who are willing to pay to play. the key is too draw in a large crowd; a percentage of which will pay which boosts revenue for mososh, which i assume is his goal. it was just a casual suggestion to draw more people in and keep them engaged longer. perhaps mososh could reply to this thread so the people who do bother to suggest know how their ideas are being taken.