Game Updates page 2 (locked)

176 posts

Flag Post

Just added new raid buttons (attack and berserk) and the “Loot Helper” with revised raid loot drops. The idea here is to let you know where you stand – i.e. how much more damage you need to do in order to give yourself a better shot at better loot. The link is at the bottom of the Attacker list on the raid screen. I’ll try to improve the Loot Helper with better info over time but for now, remember that higher tier drops are more likely in higher tier raids. For example, you might have a chance to get an epic item (purple) in a lower tier raid but it might be a really small chance.

Flag Post

Because I never get tired of updates….you can now see how much progress you can make in one action when questing, whether it’s ATTACK, DODGE, TRAVEL, CHASE, etc. There is also a little note telling you what stat you need to increase in order to increase your progress while doing that activity. Please note that higher difficulties (Adventurer, Master, Legend) are “harder” and give better chances of runes and random loot.

Flag Post

Book 3 update! New quests, new boss and a new recipe: Slisk Fang Necklace! The Necklace can be crafted from ingredients the new boss drops: Slisk Fangs and Slisk Hide. Check the Crafting area on your detailed profile (click your headshot in the upper left) for the full recipe.

Flag Post

A little user interface tweak – the tabs now have a mouseover and selected state to help you figure out where you are and where you might go (just in case you were confused). Something that was being added for guilds and I decided to push it up for the existing tabs while work on guilds continues.

Flag Post

Guilds 1.0! You can now create a guild or join someone else’s guild. Guilds are limited to 50 people so choose wisely. Each guild has a nemesis boss that gives them bonus damage against any bosses of that type (tier doesn’t matter). The Guild Master has to approve your membership in order for you to join his/her guild.

Any member of a guild can also create a guild raid. If you want to create a guild raid, DO NOT share your raid the “normal” way. Go to the boss screen and click on the GUILD button. That will allow the members of your guild to join that raid and it will show up in the Guild Raids tab on the Guilds screen.

More to come with guilds…..

Flag Post

Chapters 4 and 5 in Book 3 are now up!

Flag Post

Oh and level cap is now 275.

Flag Post

There is now an official CoH forums site. Players from all over the world (and other sites that host the game like FB and hi5), can now come together and discuss CoH. I’ll still post updates here too but wanted to give you guys the heads up. FB is shutting down their discussions so that’s a big reason for launching a separate site:

http://forums.herenvale.com/

There are some other bells and whistles – like I plan to post unpublished art and some other stuff.

Flag Post

Added player’s guild to the public profile screen – it’s on the lower left (under his/her feet). I’ll make it a link soon that brings up a window with the guild info in it.

Flag Post

The first couple of leaderboards are in! Battles and Raid Kills will now be tracked once your guild leader activates your guild on the leaderboard. The guild leader will need to go to the guild screen, click the Trophies button and click activate for each leaderboard.

Raid kills are scored only for guild raids (you can wait until the last minute to make it a guild raid if you want as long as it’s a guild raid when it is killed). This was done so everyone wasn’t running around trying to snipe everyone else’s raids. Just trying to keep griefing to a minimum even though it sounds sort of fun.

Battles are only counted outside Arenas. Arenas allow for gross mismatches from a level perspective so I chose to leave those out. Obviously if you and your opponent belong to the same guild, no points are scored as it’s plus 1 for the win and -1 for the loss.

Each week scores are tallied. Currently, I’m scheduling that for 11 PM eastern. Platinum is put in the guild’s bank which can then be used to summon tier 4 bosses by the guild leader.

1st Place: 15 plats
2nd Place: 10 plats
3rd Place: 5 plats

All decisions are final (i.e. no whining). Any bugs will be addressed but retroactive fixes/awards will not be issued until someone builds a time machine (at which time you can find me ruling a small island in the bronze age).

Flag Post

A little present – all active guilds got 10 plats to start. Even if you don’t want to participate in the leaderboards, you can go create a t4 guild raid if you’re the guild leader. Only guild leader’s have access to the bank.

Flag Post

After a couple updates involving guildies, today’s update brings you several goodies mostly related to quests:

- 2 new chapters in Book 3 for your adventuring pleasure.
- New crafty drops from Polidoras.
- A new recipe that allows you to craft a new item. It’s the first item that buffs fortitude – well worth getting for those quests using the fortitude stat.
- A new secret area. You’ll need the tablet but this is a shortcut to the new item for those that have played for a while rather than collecting the crafties.

Reposted from here: http://forums.herenvale.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58

Flag Post

Week 1 guild results are in – congrats to the leaders. You can check out the results here:

http://forums.herenvale.com/viewforum.php?f=4

Flag Post

Couple of updates: 1.) Widened the level range on battles for high levels and 2.) Added the ability to purchase up to 10 of the same item in the Market.

Flag Post

Couple of updates: 1. Widened the level range on battles for high levels and 2. Added the ability to purchase up to 10 of the same item in the Market.

Flag Post

Optimized the battles code – should be a lot faster for those that have a large number of items.

Flag Post

How long is the trophy competition? My guild has won honor but no platinum so far

Flag Post
Originally posted by yojohncos:

How long is the trophy competition? My guild has won honor but no platinum so far

“Each week scores are tallied. Currently, I’m scheduling that for 11 PM eastern. Platinum is put in the guild’s bank which can then be used to summon tier 4 bosses by the guild leader.” nevermind

Flag Post

Congrats to this week’s guilds that took home the trophies! Check ’em out here:

Flag Post

A couple of updates today:

1. The raid kills rankings have been implemented, and you can now activate it from your detailed profile screen (just click your headshot in the upper left or click Profile → detailed profile). Once you’re on the detailed profile, click the Rankings tab and you’ll see the activate button. You will be ranked with everyone else who has activated.

2. Level cap has been raised to 300.

Reposted from the official forums at: http://forums.herenvale.com/viewforum.php?f=4

Flag Post

Congrats to this week’s guilds that took home the trophies! Check ’em out here:

Flag Post

PvP Stat details have been added to your Profile screen. Click the “Show PvP Stats” link just below your hero’s feet to see your stats.

Flag Post

I know you’ve been waiting for this – the Leg of the Iron Turkey is here! Available for a limited time in the Market, as loot drops and in packs. Refills are also on sale for a limited time in the Market. Happy Turkey Day!

A little more info is available in the official forums: http://forums.herenvale.com/viewforum.php?f=4.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator