New challenge system

23 posts

Flag Post

Quoting Mososh: “The Challenge System has been upgraded to select a random opponent in your level range now. We hope this eliminates concerns with people using alts or friends to abuse the system. Let us know what you think!”

I used it 3 times, and it picked an opponent doubled my level, give or take 10. I’m level 81. Can I get someone level 99 or worse?

Flag Post

Sorry mososh, as great as your game is, the new challenging system is…may i ask you if you were drunk when you thought it out ?
It is the worst step in this game, please undo it.

Flag Post

i am a level 40, and the level of players the challenge system set me up with are as follows: 117, 130, 178, 79, 98, 134, 144, 79, 137, 82, 194, 116, 135, 254, 225, 84, and 138.
in conclusion; imho, the system could use some tweaks.

Flag Post

You said “select a random opponent in your level range”.
So can you tell me which is the range for me (i am 88 lvl) and which are the ranges in general?
Because i think you made a big mistake in the latest update.

Flag Post

I like the new challenge system since it does gets rid of the fact that there are cheats who us alts to boost and ask friend to give free challenge scores. The only problem with it is the range. i’m 92 and i’ve gotten ranges from 86 to 120. so if anything the ranges for it need to be fixed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by slok13:

You said “select a random opponent in your level range”.
So can you tell me which is the range for me (i am 88 lvl) and which are the ranges in general?
Because i think you made a big mistake in the latest update.

Apparently 20-350, or everybody.

I have the problem of the system choosing opponents who levels are way higher than mine. The old system let me avoid them and choose opponents around my level. The new system makes this problem unavoidable.

Flag Post

For someone to be in my range that would mean I have a reasonable chance at winning a match.
Pitting me against someone who has max upgrades on EVERYTHING is not my level, I have 0 chance.
Just run a quick battle simulation. If I win 4+ out of 10 its a fair chance. If I win 9+ out of 10 its too high.
40 -80 % chance seems realistic, though obviously 50% would be optimum. I weigh heavier on the winning
side because people almost never deliberately do something they know they will fail at.

Flag Post

perhaps it would be better to use the same method but instead of getting 1 randomized challenge you get 3. So instead of choosing the randomized one, you get to pick out of the 3 that are shown. Thoughts?

Flag Post

Just make it so you always get someone within 5 levels (or maybe 10) of your current level.

Fighting people with twice the number of levels is.. well.. boring and pointless.

Flag Post

It should be tiered, like 1 – 30.
31 – 60
61 – 120
121 – 200
200 +

or something like that. lol not that i really care. losses are fairly painless.

Flag Post

I’m staying away from challenges until I can;t face level 200 until I get close to 200. Right now, I cannot beat a level 150 or higher. Not a chance.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dojomaster88:

perhaps it would be better to use the same method but instead of getting 1 randomized challenge you get 3. So instead of choosing the randomized one, you get to pick out of the 3 that are shown. Thoughts?

Best idea right here.

Flag Post

Tried 3 more times under the new system: I got a level 74, 73, and 77. A lot better, butI wish I can still choose my opponent.

Flag Post

My only complaint now is I rarely seem to get challenged and I even more rarely have people I challenge
actually accept. Going to be hard to gain points w/o activity let alone catch the leaders.

Flag Post

I realized why some of the higher-stat players are having a harder time earning points. A player can decide to “cancel” unfavorable fights under their own queue until they fill it up with a more stat-friendly line up. Thus, for a mere 5 stam, players can still cherry-pick their opponents and those with higher stats end up with very few opponents. Consider having the cancel option automatically give the alternate player 1-2 points.

Flag Post

First few challenges were all around the 150 mark (I’m 93), but now they are all in what I would call my “range”, which gives me a better chance. Not sure if this is co-incidence or a fix! :)

Flag Post

it was a fix, your challenge matches will now only match to +/- the minimum level difference you can normally battle, so for you its +/- 10 levels, @ 100 its +/- 20 levels.

Flag Post
Originally posted by richard233:

My only complaint now is I rarely seem to get challenged and I even more rarely have people I challenge
actually accept. Going to be hard to gain points w/o activity let alone catch the leaders.

I haven’t got challengded yet, and I have been in the challenges system for a long time.

Flag Post

I’m lvl 175, with a lvl 255 sitting in my challenge box right now…

Flag Post

it sucks. now instead of battling players with blue stats, i could battle one with malikar items and all orange stats

Flag Post

i like it alot more than before. if they dodge you at least you get 2 points instead of nothing. And now no one challenges me.. XD

Flag Post

Ok short question.
I have made 20 challenges (max) and for 4 day no one replayed.
So What would happen if no one replays?

Flag Post

The challenges will auto-expire, and you’ll get 2 points per challenge that auto-expires.