[Suggestion] Have a suggestion? This is the place. page 50

1724 posts

Flag Post

Double resource week, PLZ!

Flag Post
Originally posted by NguyenM:

Double resource week, PLZ!

Well. There are more events followed. Please pay close attention to the announcement.

Flag Post

Let people over level 100 upgrade their resource production buildings. Also give an auto gather resource option to VIP players.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thaliel:

Let people over level 100 upgrade their resource production buildings. Also give an auto gather resource option to VIP players.

+1

Flag Post

Hi CoG. How u can notice, most of players left few weeks ago, Auction House is pretty dead and free players haven’t any chances to improve power on theirs heroes w/o gold. So there is a way to solve this problem – silver! These days we can earn nice amount of silver from World Bosses, Dungeon runs or Alliance Quests so I have an idea:
- 5M silver – 10g slot on equip
- 15M silver – 25g slot on equip
- 30M silver – 50g slot on equip
- 50M silver – 100g slot …
- 100M silver – 200g slot…

&

5M silver for each skill slot. Who is with me?! :)

Arkandia.s1

Flag Post
Originally posted by maximasta:

Hi CoG. How u can notice, most of players left few weeks ago, Auction House is pretty dead and free players haven’t any chances to improve power on theirs heroes w/o gold. So there is a way to solve this problem – silver! These days we can earn nice amount of silver from World Bosses, Dungeon runs or Alliance Quests so I have an idea:
- 5M silver – 10g slot on equip
- 15M silver – 25g slot on equip
- 30M silver – 50g slot on equip
- 50M silver – 100g slot …
- 100M silver – 200g slot…

&

5M silver for each skill slot. Who is with me?! :)

Arkandia.s1

Hi, thanks for sharing your brilliant idea here.
we have taken some measures to attract new players and retain our loyal players. We will launch more events to lead the cog to a new time.

Flag Post

Hi CoG.

It has come to my attention after almost a month of attempting abyss to acquire a red, I finally achieved one!

I got Leviathans Strike Bow! I was in total excitement when I saw the drop, but then I saw the level and its stats..

It’s a level 97 weapon with ONLY 1800 attack and 500 double strike. No accuracy, no critical rate..
Aren’t bows suppose to be statistically more accurate than swords in mythology/reality itself..? Why would there be no accuracy.

For a level 97 weapon, and a red, it is underpowered. I was wondering if you guys could boost its stats, it’s very weak. Please!

Proof:

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maowingtons:

Hi CoG.

It has come to my attention after almost a month of attempting abyss to acquire a red, I finally achieved one!

I got Leviathans Strike Bow! I was in total excitement when I saw the drop, but then I saw the level and its stats..

It’s a level 97 weapon with ONLY 1800 attack and 500 double strike. No accuracy, no critical rate..
Aren’t bows suppose to be statistically more accurate than swords in mythology/reality itself..? Why would there be no accuracy.

For a level 97 weapon, and a red, it is underpowered. I was wondering if you guys could boost its stats, it’s very weak. Please!

Proof:

Firstly, congratulations for getting a red items finally.
But after all it is a level 97 item.
I will submit your feedback to the developers for their reference.

Flag Post
Originally posted by callofgods:

Hi CoG.

Proof:

Haha, thank you! Level 97 weapon should be much stronger compared to Duplicity _. (Only around 2000M XP or so in level difference)

How can I find out about what will happen to it if anything?

Flag Post

Hi CoG.

Proof:

The level 90 red weapon ’Thunder’s Edge, Koryn’s Heavenly Spear’ has 1800 attack (the same as the level 97 bow), 350 double strike (150 less), 150 critical (bow has 0) and 500 accuracy (again bow has 0). Not to mention that the spear comes with 2 sockets and the bow with only 1.

For a red weapon that is 7 levels higher than the spear the stats are much less good.

The level 100 red weapon ‘Ankron, Dagger of Binding Fate’ (only 3 levels higher than the bow) has 2200 attack, 450 double strike, 250 critical and 430 accuracy, while the level 103 weapon ’Lucifer’s Greatsword’ has 2500 attack and 600 Critical.

The bow should have 2000 or 2100 attack at least, or indeed have accuracy. At the moment the stats are pretty similar to the level 100 orange weapon Midgard, with the difference that for Midgard you don’t need added accuracy to use it. If you only just start getting red drops from Abyss you won’t yet have many Silence items either, so you don’t have accuracy enough to use the bow without accuracy gems. And the moment you need to use a few of those it becomes less good than midgard as you’ll lose out on attack (one oj attack gem and midgard has the same attack, while with 7 oj acc gems you still have less acc with the bow).

Flag Post
Originally posted by qyayqi:

the 250 sign-in bonus should be 2-3 advanced wheel cards. 250 is almost 3/4’s of a year, but we know a single spin will more often than not be a pretty crappy reward. give your players a glimmer of hope that they can get something nice for the extended effort.

i’m suggesting this now, before people get close to that total, to prevent having it altered after someone has gotten just one.

Hi, you may find some interesting elements in the following versions. Hope you will like them.

heh, we’re at a point where vague hints like this are maddening. you really should give a few definite “interesting elements” to get us excited & talking about them.

For secrecy sake, we cant release too much at present.

Guess we’re about to find out…

Flag Post

Since CoG seems to be on the path of changing the Manor functionality every time they update it, players should be allowed to exchange the left over items from the last event to the current. For example, we should be able to exchange Christmas seeds for Rose seeds and Wood Strips for Pedals.

These items, especially the seeds, can cost real money and by not allowing us to carry over from one event to the next, there is no incentive to harvest in the manor since you’ve made the cost of the items so ridiculously high. At least this way players could participate in each manor theme and maybe finally have enough harvest items to get an item after 3 or 4 manor events.

Flag Post

i strongly urge you to add a 3rd 1-hour 10:1 window for t4, at about 03:00 server time.

Flag Post

teamwork dungeons/abyss.

allow a player to invite another player in to their dungeon/abyss. to join, the invited player must have:

1. a dungeon key or available abyss run;
2. the exact same formation & unit types assigned.

player one now runs the dungeon; player two watches the movement and battles, but does not control anything. each of the new 6 heroes is the combined stat total of p1 & p2 in each formation spot.

Flag Post

teamwork dungeons/abyss.

allow a player to invite another player in to their dungeon/abyss. to join, the invited player must have:

player one now runs the dungeon; player two watches the movement and battles, but does not control anything. each of the new 6 heroes is the combined stat total of p1 & p2 in each formation spot.

Might be easier to implement it in a similar way worldbosses are now, with different lanes. But balance may be a problem, as two top players would have no problems with d12f while 2 weaker players at similar level might still wipe in d11f.

I am in favor of more team pve possibilities, not sure yet what the best implementation would be though.

I do have another suggestion: Regular CoG responses in topics like this, rather than not hearing anything from them for days in a row. Even an acknowledgement that they’ve seen our posts would be an improvement.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nygnog:

teamwork dungeons/abyss.

Might be easier to implement it in a similar way worldbosses are now, with different lanes. But balance may be a problem, as two top players would have no problems with d12f while 2 weaker players at similar level might still wipe in d11f.

I am in favor of more team pve possibilities, not sure yet what the best implementation would be though.

I do have another suggestion: Regular CoG responses in topics like this, rather than not hearing anything from them for days in a row. Even an acknowledgement that they’ve seen our posts would be an improvement.

Well, I’m not exactly a developer so I can’t ultimately decide what happens to the game. But if you have any questions or concerns I will try to help resolve or answer them for you :)

Flag Post

Question and concern: How come developers are making high level game design decision? Separation of design and implementation concerns is fundamental to creating software if you want to avoid a situation where every new feature is evaluated on the basis of “Is it easy to code/steal” instead of “Is it good for the software”. Which… should be rather familiar to most CoG players. Beyond any one in-game feature suggestion or change, Boyo needs to spend a little on a dedicated game designer instead of constantly falling back on “The devs get to make all the decisions”. Or heck, not even necessarily a trained game designer, a trained business person who can focus on long-term sustainability of the game instead of the dev’s laser-like focus on squeezing as much cash as possible out of a few major spenders with as little effort as possible before they get driven away and quit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DaemonVower:

Question and concern: How come developers are making high level game design decision? Separation of design and implementation concerns is fundamental to creating software if you want to avoid a situation where every new feature is evaluated on the basis of “Is it easy to code/steal” instead of “Is it good for the software”. Which… should be rather familiar to most CoG players. Beyond any one in-game feature suggestion or change, Boyo needs to spend a little on a dedicated game designer instead of constantly falling back on “The devs get to make all the decisions”. Or heck, not even necessarily a trained game designer, a trained business person who can focus on long-term sustainability of the game instead of the dev’s laser-like focus on squeezing as much cash as possible out of a few major spenders with as little effort as possible before they get driven away and quit.

I hear this from time to time. Things like bugs, or can’t log in, or the details in the game and the like. The thing is, I pretty much know as much as you regular players do. The only reason why I said ‘I could help try to resolve or answer them for you.’ is because I have knowledge on the game and I’ve played this game even before a week of its release date, and so I understand the complaints and the experiences I had in them.

But what I could advise you to do is to ask a person of higher authority than me (such as a regular moderator or an admin). Admins have supreme authority and can have a significant impact in terms of the game itself. But even they can’t ultimately change the primordial elements in the game. I’m sorry couldn’t help you with this problem. However, if you have minor bugs like can’t log in or removing threads, feel free to leave me a shout :)

Flag Post

I know you can’t do anything, or really that no one can, and I’m not upset at the response because… well, that’s the whole frustration: That the Devs have ultimate authority. I know neither you, nor Mr. callofgods, nor ‘Leo’ on the main forums ultimately can do a dang thing because in the end full design decision making is left to the same people (person?) that has to implement it. And as a software dev myself, let me tell you: Unless you get wildly lucky and hire the next Steve Jobs to code your browser game, that is a process that WILL end up in corner cutting and short term thinking of exactly the sort we see in CoG, every time.

More than anything it’s just sad, because up til level 100 it was a well designed game. You can see such a clear break between “initial design” and “ad hoc design done by a dev with no background in game design”.

Flag Post

Please removed the “double exchange” times, and make it so its always 10:1 exchange for T4. Having to wait is really annoying and servers no purpose that I can think of.

Thanks,
Blue S8

Flag Post

I know you can’t do anything, or really that no one can, and I’m not upset at the response because… well, that’s the whole frustration: That the Devs have ultimate authority. I know neither you, nor Mr. callofgods, nor ‘Leo’ on the main forums ultimately can do a dang thing because in the end full design decision making is left to the same people (person?) that has to implement it. And as a software dev myself, let me tell you: Unless you get wildly lucky and hire the next Steve Jobs to code your browser game, that is a process that WILL end up in corner cutting and short term thinking of exactly the sort we see in CoG, every time.

More than anything it’s just sad, because up til level 100 it was a well designed game. You can see such a clear break between “initial design” and “ad hoc design done by a dev with no background in game design”.

Dont be upset. Since level 100 is a clear break between ‘good game’ and ‘not so good game’ in your mind, why you are so certain that there wont be another shed that turns the game into a good direction. Give the developers more time, they will show you a new Call of Gods.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlueD0T:

Please removed the “double exchange” times, and make it so its always 10:1 exchange for T4. Having to wait is really annoying and servers no purpose that I can think of.

Thanks,
Blue S8

Hi, bluedot. Your feedback will be delivered to the developers for their reference.

Flag Post

Dont be upset. Since level 100 is a clear break between ‘good game’ and ‘not so good game’ in your mind, why you are so certain that there wont be another shed that turns the game into a good direction. Give the developers more time, they will show you a new Call of Gods.

Honestly you guys are making a lot of positive steps to smooth out the >100 game. The unbound Prophecy set and the drops that are available in the new Fantasy dungeon are great for new servers! It’s just too late for the lategame servers.

Flag Post

Honestly you guys are making a lot of positive steps to smooth out the >100 game. The unbound Prophecy set and the drops that are available in the new Fantasy dungeon are great for new servers! It’s just too late for the lategame servers.

We will forward more event and take measures to attract the old and loyal players as well.

Flag Post

We will forward more event and take measures to attract the old and loyal players as well.

One of the biggest problems with new features is that you do not test them cog !

You use us to test them,if you just done some testing yourself then you would understand alot more about your game and the dynamics of everything you would introduce !

You have a good few players on the kongregate forum and main site that always talk up for everyone else A Good Company would take these players and have them test the new features and various other stuff !

If you had a good team this would be elementary because it would have already been done ! If you had a good team things like the reputaion shop opening for everyone to take free stuff would not happen ,Basically if you really did care about your game you would have a great team .