Attack ranged/flying units first?

6 posts

Flag Post

Is it possible to tell my units to attack ranged or flying enemies first?
I’m tired of watching my archers shooting at some far-away warriors while being slaughtered by fliers they somehow ignore…

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlexCyrlex:

I’m tired of watching my archers shooting at some far-away warriors while being slaughtered by fliers they somehow ignore…

No

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlexCyrlex:

.. if u get slaugthered by flying.. put in an infantry or something>.>

Flag Post

sorry, they only target the units nearest to them… Try having more infantry, like krackenker said.
Also, they ignore units because they are not in the same row as they are. Unless the row they are in is clear, then they shoot at the closest row. Try spreading out your archers along all the rows.

Flag Post

Units shoot at the nearest unit in the same row. If their row is empty they attack the rows nearest to them (where they seem to prefer right above left if both are taken). Melee units work the same, except that they can’t pass enemy melee units so they will attack them before units in the same row if they are more forward.

In short your units have 0 intelligence, but you can use formations to make them usually do the right thing. Though it’s also a bit luck based on what the enemy has where.

Flag Post

They prefer top above bottom, not right above left :P