Valentine's Day Event complement (locked)

24 posts

Flag Post

First of all, thank for all of your comments and suggestions, CoG team are happy to hear

all kinds of good suggestions, and we hope we could work together to make CoG a better

game. The following is the feedback aimed at Valentine’s Day event.

1. The event was planed for one week and the transmutation time and reward time was also

two weeks. We think the transmutation time is ok for each player to get enough roses.

2. About the number of Rose pedals and cacao, higher level Bosses are, higher

probabilities you will get.

3.As players participate the game actively, we decide to prolong the event for one week

longer, the transmutation time and reward getting time is prolonged to three weeks.

Wish all of you a good luck in game and in your real love life. Happy Valentine’s Day!

COG TEAM

Flag Post

I don’t think there were much compliments about the event so far…
I feel so loved to not even receive a rose or chocolate from CoG themselves ingame…isn’t that what normally happens in Valentines – you get roses and/chocolate fro people who wants to convey their feelings across? Making us farm day and night for it, probably conveys ‘Play more so we get more money from you cash cows’ more than ‘Thank you for playing, we love you!’…

Flag Post
Originally posted by yoshiey:

Sorry i was messed up with some data, now it is the edited version :D

1. If you play 8 hrs a day, you need 15.5 days for the transmute, 15.5 > 14 > 7 do you know math? (as programmers, you guys must know this, otherwise i don’t think you can create this game)
i count 8 hrs for sleep, 8 hrs for work or study, and leaving 8 hrs for CoG! you murderer, you are killing us!

2. stop repeating BS; the chance of getting petals is like 30% – 40% for 80 boss, it costs over 10, 000 runs in expectation, let’s count how many days you can get 800 roses.

Suppose i am not going to do AQs, BQs, dungeons, other boss runs.

Case 1: VIP + refil
you have 450 + 100 + 12*24 = 838 energy (but you cannot use them all since you will go sleep, and the last one may be in between resets, etc.) you need at least 11.9 days to complete it.

Case 2: VIP only
you have 738 energy, and you need 13.6 days

Case 3: non-VIP + refill
you have 688 energy, and you need 14.5 days

Case 4: non-VIP only
you have 588 energy, and you need 17.0 days

(since case 3 and 4 are not realistic even with full energy, they will not be further discussed)

Oh now i need energy to do AQs, suppose you have 15 AQs per day, otherwise my archon will scold me. Further suppose 7 of them are 5-killing expedition AQs, that counts 35 energy.

Case 1:
you have 803 energy, and you need 12.5 days

Case 2:
you have 703 energy, and you need 14.2 days

now, case 2 is not realistic

I want to do my 3 free dungeons! Suppose you need 50 energy per dungeons.

3 dungeons – you have 653 energy, and you need 15.3 days
2 dungeons – you have 703 energy, and you need 14.2 days
1 dungeon – you have 753 energy, and you need 13.2 days

‘oh no…i can do only 1 dungeons a day? you want to stop me levelling, i know.’ a level 95+ player screaming.

to conclude, CoG is not responsible, they created a crazy santa event to help us level faster but now using such crap to stop us growing. becuase they are not making new content.

3. oh positive BS, if you spend so much time in this game, your BF/GF must be angry with you, no more happy valentine’s day…

all in all, you pissed me off enough, i am considering to quit this time, thank you for your BS, CoG!

Hi, we understand your feeling. We can transfer to our team to consider these problem of what you say.

Flag Post

Yesterday I got about 30 roses from all the farming i could do in a day.
So, if the event is 2 weeks:
14 days * 30 = 420 roses in total for the entire event…How am I even close to getting just 1 Gem?
Can your dev team show us how they are expecting us to obtain at least 1 gem with calculations? A decent reply would be grateful to be honest and not the usual thank you,ill pass onto dev’s like your usual response is. Everyone is loosing faith in this event, the only reason for the farming for me at the moment is the silver and not the items since they are not that great compared to the items I can get from the dungeons.

Flag Post

I done around 350 runs yesturday for new event. Did not recive single item. Drop rate is below 0,3%. Thats insane. Wos hoping for a diamond, noway anyone will get it. Wondering now, what you guys are thinking? I agree with everything that yoshiey said. Especialy with: i am considering to quit this time. Im thinking same thing. You guys are becoming like SNAIL (Heroes of Gaia). No offense, but you becoming to suck.
Maybe its realy time to quit this game

Flag Post

I mean seriously, it shouldn’t be that hard for them to show us their math, they’re asian.

Flag Post

They should be able to but probably the realize their screw up and someone did the calculations wrong and now they fix it by giving us a week more which doesn’t solve the issue. They should eliminate the cooldown for the two items and lower the amount needed. They will probably ignore this now and just say its passed onto the devs and wont even post any calculations or anything cause they probably dont have any.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cmauk:

They should be able to but probably the realize their screw up and someone did the calculations wrong and now they fix it by giving us a week more which doesn’t solve the issue. They should eliminate the cooldown for the two items and lower the amount needed. They will probably ignore this now and just say its passed onto the devs and wont even post any calculations or anything cause they probably dont have any.

Agreed

Flag Post

You guys should stop complaining and just ignore this event. Even if they double the time and double the drops, you’re still looking into farming days and days for nothing. it’s not fun. Just ignore it completely, do your 3-6 dungeons a day and log off. Problem solved.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ImperialDeath:

Agreed

agreed

Flag Post
Originally posted by worstluckever:
Originally posted by ImperialDeath:

Agreed

agreed

Agreed

Flag Post

I have only 1 thing to say about this event:
Just delete it and make a new event (this new event should be an event in which it is able to get score)!!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by BAGTim:

this new event should be an event in which it is able to get score!!!!

Definitely! Everyone tries to score on Valentine’s Day!;)

Flag Post

Why not allow us to exchange Roses directly for score, one-to-one? I’m never going to get 800 roses, but if I have 70 at the end of this I’d like to do something with them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NotDV:

Why not allow us to exchange Roses directly for score, one-to-one? I’m never going to get 800 roses, but if I have 70 at the end of this I’d like to do something with them.

yeah, it would be much better to have the event boss drop one full rose instead of petals. To have 800 roses that means one will need 4000 petals and most of time, a player could only get 1 petal per run, worst none at all. Also events like this should had been a month at least rather than one week.

Flag Post

Good idea, but I would not approve of this if it was announced last minute. Many of us see that this event is trash and are avoiding it. To suddenly change the rules would benefit those who are running the event, but hurt the rest. I think changes should have been made already and since they were not, I think the event should run (and fail) as is.

Flag Post

This would make life SO MUCH better.

Flag Post
Originally posted by evilbob71:

Good idea, but I would not approve of this if it was announced last minute. Many of us see that this event is trash and are avoiding it. To suddenly change the rules would benefit those who are running the event, but hurt the rest. I think changes should have been made already and since they were not, I think the event should run (and fail) as is.

This is an impossible situation for CoG though – we beg and moan for them to take our suggestions on these forums, but we turns around and say that once something has been announced they can never change it for fear of benefiting some group. Right now the big push is ask them to increase tome4 drop rates, but wouldn’t that unfairly benefit those who haven’t already paid the inflated prices? Seriously think about it, couldn’t you make your same argument against any changes to this game?

Not that they’ll listen anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by evilbob71:

This is an impossible situation for CoG though – we beg and moan for them to take our suggestions on these forums, but we turns around and say that once something has been announced they can never change it for fear of benefiting some group. Right now the big push is ask them to increase tome4 drop rates, but wouldn’t that unfairly benefit those who haven’t already paid the inflated prices? Seriously think about it, couldn’t you make your same argument against any changes to this game?

Not that they’ll listen anyway.

i disagree completely with your whole post. and you used double negatives (wouldn’t haven’t)

Flag Post

That’s funny, your post is one of my favorite ever.

Flag Post
Originally posted by callofgods:

First of all, thank for all of your comments and suggestions, CoG team are happy to hear

all kinds of good suggestions, and we hope we could work together to make CoG a better

game. The following is the feedback aimed at Valentine’s Day event.

1. The event was planed for one week and the transmutation time and reward time was also

two weeks. We think the transmutation time is ok for each player to get enough roses.

2. About the number of Rose pedals and cacao, higher level Bosses are, higher

probabilities you will get.

3.As players participate the game actively, we decide to prolong the event for one week

longer, the transmutation time and reward getting time is prolonged to three weeks.

Wish all of you a good luck in game and in your real love life. Happy Valentine’s Day!

COG TEAM

1. How do you think there was enough transmutation time to get 800 roses? Can you show the math like others have done with a simple calculator?

2. The math people have used, have assumed a 100% drop rate for petal – and the time still doesn’t work, so your point about drop rates are not the issue

3. another week of an impossible event is your solution? The math doesn’t even work for 400 roses = 2000 petals = 2000 runs.

Solution, borrow/buy a calculator, find out how many minutes in a day, retry.
Thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yoshiey:

i think we should make another wave of complain to kongregate, let them know how bad CoG is…

But it’s only a failed event – not some cheating like the rigged wheel of fortune was/is.

Flag Post

Since it has no use grinding petals i go for the luck of milk. I opened 8 boxes sofar and received 1 oj ring.
I like how the petals stack over 200 at least and i just go for luck. I get the math written by you guys and that luck from boxes seems the only way. And i know you cant calculate luck. Although i agree i mostly only get 6 milk a day, being 82 still gets me exp from the event so for me trying my luck is worth it. It wouldnt work for me though if higher level players didnt try there luck either. I hope cog at least learn from this (which i doubt) and improves for next time. Actually calculating like we did in advance might have worked to prevent all these complaints. Also same thing with the zombies, maybe adding a small storyline explaining the whole thing that zombies are the monsters from the evil gods like stingy and vam ect might have lowered our expectations below the low it already was. Also saves you work and complaints cog. Instead it just talks about zombies in the background story. No wonder everyone thought it was something new..

Are you not getting tired of getting scolded all the time? I mean if you would just keep part of the players happy maybe less of your employees would think of suicide.

grtz

Flag Post

Im happy, i got from a valentine chocolate a rose.