Arena Alts

85 posts

Flag Post

COG you changed the arena system, yet this week AGAIN we have alt accounts being boosted in arena by someone, you can check for yourself and see top100 list how many lv20-30s there are that shouldnt even be there.
I think its time you comply with your ban threat and start doing it cause as you can see the 3 atk hit limit each day isnt enough to stop alt abuse.
Please fix this cause with the merger coming up later today, things could get even worse if other people in servers 5/6 also do it.

Flag Post

Could you tell us who used alt accounts? We will check them. Thank you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by callofgods:

Could you tell us who used alt accounts? Thank you.

Just have a look at server 4 arena top100 and u will see a massive amount of lv20 alts there. How can we as players know WHO that 1 person or even more than 1 is doing this? im not gonna name anyone since i have no concrete proof.
Please fix this with bans, it is THE ONLY solution to the alt abuse and you warned them on the forum before, so if you dont follow through with the ban threat you stated before, people will abuse the system even more since they know you wont do anything about it.

Flag Post

Thank you. We will investiaget it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Legality:

For God’s Sake, stop freaking complain, I’m the owner of the alts, and its not a fucking boost, I am having sucess on the fights (winning), so it’s not a freaking boost.
Otherwise everyone on arena would be called as a booster.
First of all, it wont affect rank 100 on the sunday(the day it’s selected those to win the rewards) neither the rank 32, so shut up please.

Ban the above kong account and all his alts, enough said.

Flag Post

awesome topic, so much whinniers
P.S.: Rebe, alts are necessair on the game by the way.

Flag Post
Originally posted by skenner:

You of all people really should not comment, you’ve done enough damage to this game and the arena.

Flag Post
Originally posted by evilbob71:

You of all people really should not comment, you’ve done enough damage to this game and the arena.

i am sorry? can you explain it? i really dont like this kind of coment, and i dont like even more since it comes from you.
by the way Callofgods, could you close this topic? its already all clear to everyone how and who was the person using the alts on arena, close it before “someone” start to blame everyone for everything that happens on this game.

Flag Post

Alts do not make this game better. They create the illusion it is being played more then it is.
Also in my opinion it creates a huge barier for potential fixes for the gameplay.

For Example: A fix for exsisting problems with not all players getting the possibility to enjoy all parts of the game

Create a weekly/Daily quest that makes players gain gold. This can even be multiple goldquests inspired by level. (cant be done because of alts because it will be abused)

The alt characters are an unhealthy part of the game, the fact we are used to it doesnt make it a good thing. Not all people abuse it, but there are always those who do. Take away the option and in the end you will have the opportunity to create a much more healthier game. If you have alts because you want to play more? Go play a new server. No reason it should be on the same.

Alt characters also upset the balance in the game, for the one with the most alts has more benefit from them. So winning and making gold is no longer balanced. More alts, more stuff to sell more stuff to gain period. People who only play one character are being forced to make alt characters too because otherwise they dont stand a chance. Also without alts people would rely on trade more to get certain items instead of obtaining them with alt characters. This would certainly increase the health of the economy. Since inventory is limited and you cant keep all if there is no alts, even rare items like some I books will increase in value.

Flag Post

fortunate, the thing is how you use the alts.
lets say, collect rare tomes its hard, the time to get for example frenzy I would be let’s say 1 month, with 30 alts you could make it fast(or not).
before, my alt’s were used this way, last time I used my alts was on tuesday morning to test something that i heard from a friend. that’s all.
it’s not because I have alts that I should be blamed because of someone else acts.
about the “more activity” on the server, i doubt someone cares about it.
more alts=more items=more flux of money.
if there is more items than the necessair, the prices will drop, not increase.

Flag Post

fortunate, the thing is how you use the alts.
lets say, collect rare tomes its hard, the time to get for example frenzy I would be let’s say 1 month, with 30 alts you could make it fast(or not).
before, my alt’s were used this way, last time I used my alts was on tuesday morning to test something that i heard from a friend. that’s all.
it’s not because I have alts that I should be blamed because of someone else acts.
about the “more activity” on the server, i doubt someone cares about it.
more alts=more items=more flux of money.
if there is more items than the necessair, the prices will drop, not increase.

You dont need alternative character for all this. It is entirely possible for a 110 player to obtain I books through other means then making an alt. Yes the alts were created out of greed and wanting items faster.

i was merely pointing out that legalities statement is utterly selfish and wrong. We need to thank him for creating the illusion we play an active game? You have deceived us. I dont think anyone likes to be deceived.

Flag Post

For God’s Sake, stop freaking complain, I’m the owner of the alts, and its not a fucking boost, I am having sucess on the fights (winning), so it’s not a freaking boost.
First of all, it wont affect rank 100 on the sunday(the day it’s selected those to win the rewards) neither the rank 32, so shut up please.

What success…attacking your own alts? cause i doubt the alts in top100 could even win against a regular player. you ARE boosting, if you really arent, who you attacking to get to top100 spots? please, dont try and act all innocent that you arent boosting, it makes you look stupid.

Flag Post

Without alts, this game would be dead at this rate, believe me, I’m doing a favor to the game, since I’m not messing up with the rank 100 on sunday, you should be quiet and thankfull.

you’re either the best or the worst troll I’ve seen on the internet yet, I can’t really decide which

Flag Post
Originally posted by cmauk:

What success…attacking your own alts? cause i doubt the alts in top100 could even win against a regular player. you ARE boosting, if you really arent, who you attacking to get to top100 spots? please, dont try and act all innocent that you arent boosting, it makes you look stupid.

Believe me, I preffer have 2 alts gaining honor than just one.
I wont tell who I’m hitting because it’s unnecessary. All of them doesnt play anymore and leave the arena undeployed.
Who can tell Who I hit is the own CoG, they can tell you if I’m boosting or if I have sucessfull fights.

Originally posted by dsinc:

Without alts, this game would be dead at this rate, believe me, I’m doing a favor to the game, since I’m not messing up with the rank 100 on sunday, you should be quiet and thankfull.

you’re either the best or the worst troll I’ve seen on the internet yet, I can’t really decide which

For those Who have time and patience to play a half dead game/server to help it, I dont mind be called a bad or a good troll, believe me, I really don’t care.

You seem to care given you’ve made arguments about this specific type of topic. Really, if you didn’t care, you wouldn’t have responded at all.

Flag Post

By using alts to gain honor and using that honor to buy barks to sell you are lowering the price of barks making it much much harder for others to make g.

Flag Post

umm, zrich61788, were you aware of this event? http://forum.callofgods.com/showthread.php?2323-Event-Mother-s-Day-(Updated) The one where you were able to get 20 of each type of T3 unit? Were you also aware that if you had seen it coming, you could have conservatively created 30 accounts/hr just before the event. You can also level those accounts to the point where they can train at the xp spots in about 5minutes. A number of people on our server have over 100 accounts, so they have access to over 2000 T3 units (barks, bandits, tramps, cateran cavaliers, water elements, etc). That might be a bigger problem than getting 110 honor max per attack (2200 honor per day, or less than 1/2 a bark per day), when that account could have had 20 barks, as well as 20 of every other troop.

Flag Post

Heavy alt abuse on S4-6. Was wondering why I dropped back in arena. Here’s the answer:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85/arena1c.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/arena2j.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/arena3h.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/arena4n.png/

There are more, but I didn’t want to take 10 screenshots.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

post edited cause people are stupid and you cant always get through to them

Flag Post

Dear CoG,

You have a crime, namely alt abuse. You have a criminal, namely Legality. You have a confession, from Legality. You also have a penalty, namely banhammer.

May i ask what the fvck you are waiting for?

Flag Post

The question he is asking is where is the “abuse”? Previously alt “abuse” in the arena was defined as boosting up others through intentionally, repeatedly losing to them. If he is able to win with his alts… how is that abuse? Now obviously the scope of the alting is stunning, but I don’t think what he is doing is intrinsically abuse. Its different from what many, many players do only in scale and commitment.

If you name winning in the arena with an alt a crime, there’s a lot of people on the chopping block.

Flag Post

he’s getting many honor points that can be turned into barks, while “fair” players have to buy them for gold if they don’t have enough honor. Yeah where’s the abuse here? Indeed a very good question…

edit: or he just uses the barks to make gold. But it seems this isn’t considered as unfair on s4, where everyone got dozens of alts and share them with ally mates. really starting to hate the server merge.

Flag Post

Oh I agree that its skeezy and not “fair”. I’m saying by the rules laid out in advance, it doesn’t seem to be a bannable “abuse” situation.

Flag Post

Like DV said, IF he is winning against others which i highly doubt it then he isnt doing anything wrong. IF he is attacking his own alts, then COG should ban Legality. Now obviously COG has to actually care enough to look into it which sometimes its questioned if they do actually look into it. I think i attacked one of those alts and it was all t2 units, so…i have my doubts that he is attacking anyone other than his alts. If im wrong(and proven) then void this post.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cmauk:

Like DV said, IF he is winning against others which i highly doubt it then he isnt doing anything wrong. IF he is attacking his own alts, then COG should ban Legality. Now obviously COG has to actually care enough to look into it which sometimes its questioned if they do actually look into it. I think i attacked one of those alts and it was all t2 units, so…i have my doubts that he is attacking anyone other than his alts. If im wrong(and proven) then void this post.

It wouldnt be hard to find high level players with arena undeployed.
Few players doesnt care about arena score, just honor.

Yes, you can find some like that. Can you consistently find enough in range of all your alts to keep hitting them? Sounds unlikely.