Multi-Account Rules In COG (locked)

68 posts

Flag Post

Dear players, these days, we’ve considered the alt account using problem. Many players report that some players create multi accounts for joining alliance event, or using account for transfering items between main account and alt accounts.

Such action will have effected on in-game economy balance and is always considered as disrespect to other players’hard work. Right now we warn the players who is still using alt account, or plan to use this kind of action be careful. We have the character’s data system and will ban alt account forever after confirming.

Here we reaffirm that in COG it is prohibited for anyone to use multiple accounts on the same server no matter what his/her intention is.

If you see such behavior, please just tell us by sending the evidence,such as the screenshots of the players’character names to us. After verification, we’ll ban the multi account immediately. To the main account, we will give the appropriate punishment according to serious of the case. After first warning, the punishment will go from temporary to permanent ban from entering game.

Thanks a lot for your reading.

COG Team.

Flag Post

(this is not pro or contra alts post, this is just about cog which ever tells different things to different people, so please don’t blame me for loving alts^^)

hey cog, on July 13th you stated this:

Hello, registering and playing another character that it is allowed, players who got banned that because they just playing too many alts in arena without leveling, just hit to 20 level then put them into arena to challenge other players or even alts of theirself again and again, this action will obstruct other players playing arena normally and they can’t get deserved scores, honors and rank, unfortunately there is no specific rule about this, most of cases are depending our staffs monitoring or players reporting. Basically that’s the reason people get banned, hope can help you.

cog end

There have been no tos nor other rules people had to agree when starting the game. You state multi accounts are allowed. So you now want to ban people playing your game WITHIN the frame of your game features? Which not violate any terms of use? How about to close the holes in your game which make people able to play your game in another way than YOU want them to play? You got several ideas how to solve ANY of your problems easily. If you would have listened to some of those ideas you wouldn’t have ANY problem with your game.

So who decides about good alts and bad alts?
Please tell us how will you decide? Either all alts or none would be the only possible consequense. Since there never has been any rule about multi accounts here in kongregate. It never was prohibitted to use more than one account. Acting within the frame of the features of your game now shall be a violation against your rules? What about rules? Where are your rules? Where are the tos? THERE ARE NO TOS NOR RULES PEOPLE HAD TO AGREE WHEN STARTING THIS GAME. Who makes the rules? And when will the rules be made? Everytime you can’t solve a problem in a proper way?

Flag Post

Hi, because in the early time, players do not use alts so much and not many gamers come to contact us about the alts issue. But now more and more people send PM about alts problem, after we check these alts, we find some players use many alts to get advantage in the game. So we consider to release this rule. We hope our players can obey this rule so that we can keep the balance in the game environment. Thanks for your attention.

Flag Post
Originally posted by callofgods:

Hi, because in the early time, players do not use alts so much and not many gamers come to contact us about the alts issue. But now more and more people send PM about alts problem, after we check these alts, we find some players use many alts to get advantage in the game. So we consider to release this rule. We hope our players can obey this rule so that we can keep the balance in the game environment. Thanks for your attention.

Players didn’t use alts early? There have ALWAYS been a LOT of alts in this game. The only thing that changed more recently was the huge misuse of alts in arena. Also your giving Senior SSPs for one of the events wasn’t helpful.

Banning all alts at this point in the game is ridiculous. Rather than deal with a few people who have hundreds or thousands of alts and freely admit on the forums they are the ones behind the arena abuse, you choose to ban all alts.

I can already guess some innocent people will get banned and the guilty people will mostly get away with it or just create more alts.

Flag Post

Dear player, it’s a rule. We only hope players can observe the rule. Of course, some players play some accounts, but they don’t only want to get the cogged items, they want to get different interest of different races and new experience. And they’ll level up their character industriously. So we’ll consider the actual situation. Thank you for your understanding.

Flag Post

HI COG,
As you already know, we have a huge Alts issue in S8. United alliance is indeed 5 real players for 113 alts. 3 of them are regular but 2 of them own the 113 alts and revendicate it ! The 2 players are tined (the leader) and Queen. I have listed about 100 of their alts thx to the top 1000 rank.
- tinker, tib, plum, dirk, snoop, epick, lawie, TNT, tigers, lamby, laaa, slicky, doom, zue, rocko, lulu, Bluma, rick, paolo, sude, delboy, pluto, woopsie, darklord, snowdrop, dude, chipmunk, twittwoo, Kawasaki, lonesome, Eleven, Ninetail, china, Honigtopf, IvoryTower, pony, ticktack, Incognita, sleepless, starbuck, headache, Doomsday, sneaker, HitsujiChan, SHELL, Toadstool, tinyTim, Victory, Rose, Truth, Pinky, Thunderstorm, Tron, BUTTERCUP, Lionking, Stricker, Mimi, SleepyJoe, NoDoubt, Beta, Shy, Silence, Blackadder, toeni, garden, Silentbob, Workingman, Teamplayer, scream, Tigerlily, Wipe, Coast, Moon, BattleChamp, Logan, Darwin, Rebirth, Birdy … and the best for the end : BAO, UNAV, Unab, Unae, UNAI, UNAO, Unai, UNAU, UNAK, UNAM, unar, unaw, unag, UNAF, Unat.

Of course some of them should be out of top 1000 … To complete this list, let’s say that they are only using few alts for the alliance war, focusing on rep, silver & honor cards then selling crazy number of T3 … All high level players know that at level 90+ you have to burn them to progress and cannot sell dizains of them every day as they do …

So as you see, this is a real Alts industry that we have in S8 thanks to tined and Queen…
thx a lot in advance for reacting quickly.
Tragor S8

Flag Post

I would like to say to find these people quick,my alliance has had many times when we deploying an all out war against 2 others and they have an alt account to spy on us and see where to defend and attack. its really unfair for us and has cost us many cities, thank you

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tragor1954:

HI COG,
As you already know, we have a huge Alts issue in S8. United alliance is indeed 5 real players for 113 alts. 3 of them are regular but 2 of them own the 113 alts and revendicate it ! The 2 players are tined (the leader) and Queen. I have listed about 100 of their alts thx to the top 1000 rank.
- tinker, tib, plum, dirk, snoop, epick, lawie, TNT, tigers, lamby, laaa, slicky, doom, zue, rocko, lulu, Bluma, rick, paolo, sude, delboy, pluto, woopsie, darklord, snowdrop, dude, chipmunk, twittwoo, Kawasaki, lonesome, Eleven, Ninetail, china, Honigtopf, IvoryTower, pony, ticktack, Incognita, sleepless, starbuck, headache, Doomsday, sneaker, HitsujiChan, SHELL, Toadstool, tinyTim, Victory, Rose, Truth, Pinky, Thunderstorm, Tron, BUTTERCUP, Lionking, Stricker, Mimi, SleepyJoe, NoDoubt, Beta, Shy, Silence, Blackadder, toeni, garden, Silentbob, Workingman, Teamplayer, scream, Tigerlily, Wipe, Coast, Moon, BattleChamp, Logan, Darwin, Rebirth, Birdy … and the best for the end : BAO, UNAV, Unab, Unae, UNAI, UNAO, Unai, UNAU, UNAK, UNAM, unar, unaw, unag, UNAF, Unat.

Of course some of them should be out of top 1000 … To complete this list, let’s say that they are only using few alts for the alliance war, focusing on rep, silver & honor cards then selling crazy number of T3 … All high level players know that at level 90+ you have to burn them to progress and cannot sell dizains of them every day as they do …

So as you see, this is a real Alts industry that we have in S8 thanks to tined and Queen…
Tragor S8

Dear player, we’ll check it up. Thank you for your report.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tragor1954:

HI COG,

Tragor S8

they probably have spys in your alliance as well

Flag Post

As far as i know every top Ally has spies. In BrotherHood we had spies from AoW and VB when Katsuki was a leader. Not sure how it is now.

Flag Post
Here we reaffirm that in COG it is prohibited for anyone to use multiple accounts on the same server no matter what his/her intention is.
- What about the people who had two account in two different server and now that the server merged they have to play on the same server ? Are you saying they have to drop one ?

- What about the people who play two accounts for a long time without interaction between their account ?

- What about the many Europeans player who still can’t connect for alliance war because the war start at 4.00 am and have to ask Asian or American people to connect them for war ?

all that to ask : what are exactly the rules….

Flag Post

good that i banned him for weeks ^^

Flag Post

Dear players, these days, we’ve considered the alt account using problem. Many players report that some players create multi accounts for joining alliance event, or using account for transfering items between main account and alt accounts.

Such action will have effected on in-game economy balance and is always considered as disrespect to other players’hard work. Right now we warn the players who is still using alt account, or plan to use this kind of action be careful. We have the character’s data system and will ban alt account forever after confirming.

Dear CoG,

First of all, let me say that i fully understand and support this new rule. Thank you for making it clear, as many players were asking for it.

However, in respect of several people that played 2 or more characters, so far, i need to ask you to precise a couple of things:

1) This rule, as I understand it, is new.
As such, it will obviously modify the behavor of several players, that will probably abandon their secondary(ies) to avoid troubles. However, the way your message is put, it sounds like they would still get in trouble for past actions. I am thinking there of people that may have had a restart, due to a bad beginning (we all mess up, sometimes, and when it’s a really bad mess, it just doesn’t work anymore), so their actual active char is obviously an alt. Also, there are people that like to play for real several characters, on a same server since their friends are there..
Well, to make it short, it would be all fair to tell them “from now on, stop it” (and ban the trespassers), but I would find it utterly unfair to punish them for doing it before this rule was enforced.
What is your view on this, please?

2) Well as you read up, you may have understood that sometimes multi exist only because accounts are forever.. What about adding a “delete account” button, to allow bad starters to restart? It wouldn’t sort the main problem of volountary multies, but at least the side damages would be reduced.

3) one last point, i have been looking for ages for a “TOS” (terms of service, including obviously game rules) for the ‘you can/you can’t’, and couldn’t locate it anywhere in game, not in the help screen, options or forum. Can you please prepare such a document, to allow every player, new and old, to finally play under the same rules?

Please note that i’m not questioning this rule, that is fair and was needed.

Just would like it to be a “fresh start anew” rather than "now we’ll kick your * "..

Thanks for reading!

Flag Post

Dear Call Of Gods

After watching this player Tragor try to accuse this alliance of many things can you please cheak Tragors IP address and see how many COG and KONG accounts he has because this player has been making accounts and getting free kreds from various offers then quiting the offer after 2 days ,i just dont like to see some players being so 2 faced .cheak the IP address it tells alot Call Of Gods .

Thanks

Flag Post

Something similar to this would probably be useful. Bear in mind that these rules probably do not currently apply 100% as they specifically say they pertain to servers on the callofgods.com domain.
http://forum.callofgods.com/showthread.php?2183-Game-Rules

Flag Post

My dear Iograd,
I have(had) indeed 3 accounts ^^ one in S6, one in S7, and my actual in S8 :), only a kong account of course. So nothing to hide, i would be pleased if anyone would like to check.
thx for your concerning btw
Tragor

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

Something similar to this would probably be useful. Bear in mind that these rules probably do not currently apply 100% as they specifically say they pertain to servers on the callofgods.com domain.
http://forum.callofgods.com/showthread.php?2183-Game-Rules

interesting
if only we had someone from CoG like that …

Flag Post

Dear CallofGods.

I used to play two accounts, on one server 4 and one on server 6. Because of the server merge, they are now on the same server. Is this allowed?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Diadem:

Dear CallofGods.

I used to play two accounts, on one server 4 and one on server 6. Because of the server merge, they are now on the same server. Is this allowed?

Dear player, it should be allowed, but we can’t answer you surely, but if you play them for your interest and endeavor, we’ll consider your situation. Thank you.

Flag Post

A while back cog told in a forum that after a merge more than one profile would be ok, but due to the new rule, who knows… even they don’t know it yet, it seems.

Flag Post

Ok dear CoG, so you say in a forum post that the game got a new rule.

BUT you don’t inform your players? All you do is a forum post? Not all people use the forum or check it that often to notice your post. Could you please send a system message to ALL people on this game, letting them know that there is a NEW rule the game got that has to be followed by all people?!

You are able to send rewards by system mail to all people, so it should be easy for you to send out such an important message…!

Flag Post

Total Error this is a quote from a previous forum from cog about merged servers and more than 1 account they state as clear as day that we can use every account we have .
-————-
Hi they can continue playing anyone instead of pick one of accounts, all data of characters and accounts will be remained when you enter the game will pop up a channel to choose which character you want to play, but you can’t login with multiple character concurrently.
-————————
cheak out the forum for yourself cog maybe you need a screen shot hey ;)
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/86-call-of-gods/topics/257624-event-merged-notice-ended?page=2

Flag Post
Originally posted by Diadem:

Dear CallofGods.

Dear player, it should be allowed, but we can’t answer you surely, but if you play them for your interest and endeavor, we’ll consider your situation. Thank you.

IT SHOULD BE ALLOWED? c’mon cog,give us a break,is this player’s fault servers merged?
more i play this game i get more and more feeling that you cog guys dont even know what r you doing…

Flag Post

If you see such behavior, please just tell us by sending the evidence,such as the screenshots of the players’character names to us. After verification, we’ll ban the multi account immediately。 To the main account, we will give the appropriate punishment according to serious of the case. After first warning, the punishment will go from temporary to permanent ban from entering game.

Thanks a lot for your reading.

COG Team.

I wait 1 week and you still posted a joke again.
nothing changed(both on content and alt problem)

please just tell us by sending the evidence,such as the screenshots of the players’character names to us

it’s obvious you still not prepare handle this problem

Flag Post

‘’Here we reaffirm that in COG it is prohibited for anyone to use multiple accounts on the same server no matter what his/her intention is.’’

‘’Dear player, it’s a rule. We only hope players can observe the rule. Of course, some players play some accounts, but they don’t only want to get the cogged items, they want to get different interest of different races and new experience. And they’ll level up their character industriously. So we’ll consider the actual situation. Thank you for your understanding.’’

You just contradicted yourself. First you tell us it doesn’t matter what the intention is and then you tell us you’ll consider the situation if they have the right intentions?