[New Feature] The kiss of Valkyrie

11 posts

Flag Post

[New Feature] The kiss of Valkyrie
Details:
Are you envious of those players who have recruited rare red heroes? Maybe you have already tried different approaches to get one such as score shop or books of astrology. However, if you still have not realized this dream, then here comes another chance. This new feature is named The kiss of Valkyrie. In Norse mythology, valkyries bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla. There, the deceased warriors become “Einherjar”. In Call of gods, players will acquire “Soul of Valhalla” in World boss campaign or by just by refreshing heroes in tavern. After collecting a certain amount of “Soul of Valhalla”, players will be able to summon a legendary hero directly in the tavern.

Now let me show you how to summon a red hero with “Soul of Valhalla”.

Enter the Tavern interface and you will easily find the button “Valkyries’ kiss”. Then click it.

Instructions:

1. Refreshing heroes in the tavern freely every 5 times, you will obtain one “Soul of Valhalla”.
2. Refreshing heroes in the tavern with Summoning Horn once, you will obtain one “Soul of Valhalla”. The maximum amount of “Soul of Valhalla” you can obtain with Summoning Horn every day is five.
3. Refreshing heroes in the tavern with book of astrology once, you will obtain three “Soul of Valhalla”. There is not any restriction on it.
4. You will also be able to acquire different amount of “Soul of Valhalla” in another new feature namely “World Boss Campaign”.
5. In “The kiss of Valkyrie”, better heroes require more amounts of “Soul of Valhalla”

Flag Post

nice

Flag Post
Originally posted by callofgods:

Rewards for World Boss Campaign
1. The player who deals the first blow to the world boss will be rewarded with a small amount of Exp, silver and four “Soul of Valhalla”.
2. The player who slays the world boss with a final blow will be rewarded with a large amount of Exp, silver and two “Soul of Valhalla”.
3. The player who ranks first according to the damage dealt to the world boss will be rewarded with a large amount of Exp, silver and five “Soul of Valhalla” as well as a new piece of ninth equipment.
4. The player who ranks second according to the damage dealt to the world boss will be rewarded with a large amount of Exp, silver and four “Soul of Valhalla” as well as a new piece of ninth equipment.
5. The player who ranks third according to the damage dealt to the world boss will be rewarded with a large amount of Exp, silver and two “Soul of Valhalla” as well as a new piece of ninth equipment.
6. All other players who have participated in the world boss campaign will be presented with a certain amount of Exp, silver and one “Soul of Valhalla”.

All the rewards will be distributed directly to players by the end of the world boss campaign. Please reserve enough slots in your inventory. If you haven’t claimed the rewards for world boss campaign due to insufficient slots in the inventory, please click the “World Boss” button on the game interface to claim them.

I like the idea of making you more likely to recruit a red over time, but I really wish you wouldn’t keep making people collect inventory-clogging items. Honor, Reputation, Score, and Exploits use no inventory space. Considering how long it will take most people to gain enough Valkyries’ kisses to use them, that’s a huge downside to this system. The screenshot shows that it will take a minimum of 5 inventory slots blocked for months just to recruit a pot 85 hero.

Don’t forget the very recent Halloween event’s inventory issues:

You finally dealt with the last collection event’s complaints of clogged inventories from Tattoo Fragments, and now you’re introducing a new feature whose clogging potential is even longer?

If I’ve misinterpreted this and the Valkyries’ kisses don’t take up inventory slots, then I see no problem at all with this.

Flag Post

Are “Soul of Valhalla” items actual pieces? Or are they just another currency like honor and rep? If they are items, please make them able to sell for copper this time.

Flag Post

IceWeaselX, how the heck did you get SO many pumpkin seeds?!?! lol :p

Good thing for this maintenance!

Flag Post

very nice… thank you CoG

Flag Post

I only created one of those Tattoo Fragments and it is still stuck in my inventory. A bit ridiculous.

Flag Post

I just noticed…if this is a feature, the kisses will be permanent, right? No cleared inventory or removed button from tavern after a while?

Flag Post

How about considering another use for the “Soul Valhalla” for those of us that may not have a use for, or desire to level up, another red hero?

Thanks,
JackSheet.S4

Flag Post
Originally posted by longnight:

How about considering another use for the “Soul Valhalla” for those of us that may not have a use for, or desire to level up, another red hero?

Thanks,
JackSheet.S4

Sounds good…

Flag Post

So are the available heroes ever going to change again? They changed once, but have been the same ones for a long time.