World Boss math bug, updated with proof - CoG, fix this

18 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by callofgods:

[New Feature] World boss campaign

Rewards for World Boss Campaign
1. The player who deals the first blow to the world boss will be rewarded with a small amount of Exp, silver and four “Soul of Valhalla”.
2. The player who slays the world boss with a final blow will be rewarded with a large amount of Exp, silver and two “Soul of Valhalla”.
3. The player who ranks first according to the damage dealt to the world boss will be rewarded with a large amount of Exp, silver and five “Soul of Valhalla” as well as a new piece of ninth equipment.
4. The player who ranks second according to the damage dealt to the world boss will be rewarded with a large amount of Exp, silver and four “Soul of Valhalla” as well as a new piece of ninth equipment.
5. The player who ranks third according to the damage dealt to the world boss will be rewarded with a large amount of Exp, silver and two “Soul of Valhalla” as well as a new piece of ninth equipment.
6. All other players who have participated in the world boss campaign will be presented with a certain amount of Exp, silver and one “Soul of Valhalla”.

As you can see, I got both the first hit (worth 4 Souls of Valhalla) and 2nd Place for Damage (also worth 4 Souls of Valhalla). I only received 7 Souls of Valhalla.

Please put the correct amount of Souls on my account immediately, and get the devs to debug the code so people don’t continue to get less rewards than they are promised.

Flag Post

Iceman, first hit addict ^^

Flag Post

Possible reason for this error:
Every participant automatically gets 1 Soul of Valhalla for attacking the World Boss.
The advertised rewards for the special rewards (First/Last Hit and Top 3 Damage) include the minimum 1 Soul, so the rewards are actually:

• First Hit: 3 Souls
  • First Place Damage: 4 Souls
  • Second Place Damage: 3 Souls
  • Third Place Damage: 1 Soul

The devs might have never considered that people would earn more than one special reward per World Boss fight. If this is what happened, then everyone who has earned more than one World Boss reward in a fight has been given less Souls than promised.

Flag Post

Yup sounds messed up ice D: good job spotting that. Do you have any idea how many souls your supposed to get for last hit? pretty sure i get jipped everytime i get 1st + last hit too :P i think i get 8 souls for first place + last hit, which doesnt sound right :/

If they don’t respond by tommorow ill see if i can get screenshots for first place / last hit to support you on tommorow’s World Boss :P

Flag Post

Updated the reward quote for you. First Place should be five, and Last Hit should be two. Still sounds off, but in the other direction (unless you just remembered wrong).

Flag Post

I got 5
In fact I don’t care it,750 trade a hero already outdated…
just provide you info

Flag Post

They reduced the amount of silver and exp when they added the second world boss. Maybe it’s the same for souls?

Flag Post

If so, they need to tell us. They stated specific numbers for the Souls, but not the experience/silver. I know for a fact that the first hit Souls reward has remained at 4 because I’ve gotten it both before and after the change. If they lowered Souls as part of the Tiamat update, then it’s the 2nd Place Damage that got nerfed. If anyone currently getting 2nd Place Damage still gets 4 Souls, then the Soul rewards (at least for those two criteria) were not downgraded.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

If so, they need to tell us. They stated specific numbers for the Souls, but not the experience/silver. I know for a fact that the first hit Souls reward has remained at 4 because I’ve gotten it both before and after the change. If they lowered Souls as part of the Tiamat update, then it’s the 2nd Place Damage that got nerfed. If anyone currently getting 2nd Place Damage still gets 4 Souls, then the Soul rewards (at least for those two criteria) were not downgraded.

Hi. We will ask our staffs for you.

Flag Post

Thank you.

In tonight’s fight on M2, schotte.s4 managed to get 1st Place Damage & Last Hit for a total of 7 (5 + 2) Souls. That matches the initial announcement, so it’s not affecting every combination of wins.

Flag Post

Any word from the devs about this? I’ve been keeping an eye on my Soul count, and I’m still short.

Flag Post

Any word from the devs about this? I’ve been keeping an eye on my Soul count, and I’m still short.

Hi. You only can get 3 Souls from first hit after our asking.

Flag Post

If that was their intent, that is not how it works right now. I have gotten first hit multiple times, and it has always been 4 Souls (the amount that was originally advertised) except for that one time that I also got 2nd place.

Flag Post

When you got first hit while not finishing in top 3, how many souls did you cumulative get? 4 or 5?

My guess is, that you always get the 1 extra soul for participation, unless you’re one of the top 3 hitters. So it’s usually 3+1 for you. Which would also mean that the advertisment of 4 souls for first hit has always been wrong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by roflBender:

When you got first hit while not finishing in top 3, how many souls did you cumulative get? 4 or 5?

My guess is, that you always get the 1 extra soul for participation, unless you’re one of the top 3 hitters. So it’s usually 3+1 for you. Which would also mean that the advertisment of 4 souls for first hit has always been wrong.

That’s possible, and sadly consistent with the game’s inconsistencies (like how some color packs always have the same color contents (Berial Pack is red and only contains red equipment), some only have lower color contents (Raging Rhino’s Suit Pack is red and only contains orange equipment), and some have random color contents (Orange Gems Pack is orange and contains gems of orange and lower quality, mostly lower)).

Flag Post

Hi. You only can get 3 Souls from first hit after our asking.

Ask again. This is clearly incorrect.

The player who deals the first blow to the world boss will be rewarded with a small amount of Exp, silver and four “Soul of Valhalla”.

This was something posted by someone on the callofgods account today.

Four Souls of Valhalla are the standard reward for First Strike. Since you always ask for screenshots, here is proof.

First Strike message:

Not Final Blow:

Not in Top 3 Damage (not even Top 10):

Here is proof that it does not interfere with other achievements. I recently managed to achieve First Strike, Third Place Damage, and Final Blow in one fight.

1. The player who deals the first blow to the world boss will be rewarded with a small amount of Exp, silver and four “Soul of Valhalla”.

2. The player who slays the world boss with a final blow will be rewarded with a large amount of Exp, silver and two “Soul of Valhalla”.

5. The player who ranks third according to the damage dealt to the world boss will be rewarded with a large amount of Exp, silver and two “Soul of Valhalla” as well as a new piece of ninth equipment.

As you can see, the reward for that battle was correct.
First Strike = 4
Final Blow = 2
Third Place Damage = 2
4 + 2 + 2 = 8 Souls of Valhalla

The error so far appears to only occur when you combine the First Strike with the Second Place Damage achievements. It happened to me during the Tiamat fight on January 17th. It happened to me again during the Tiamat fight on February 10th.

First Strike:

Second Place Damage:

4. The player who ranks second according to the damage dealt to the world boss will be rewarded with a large amount of Exp, silver and four “Soul of Valhalla” as well as a new piece of ninth equipment.

First Strike = 4
Second Place Damage = 4
4 + 4 = 7?
No.
4 + 4 = 8.

This is twice that I have been given one less Soul than I earned. Why do you refuse to give those Souls to me? Considering how many Souls it takes to recruit a high level hero, being denied Souls that I have earned is infuriating.

CoG, you now owe me two Souls. I am still watching my inventory and this has not been fixed. Your devs also need to fix that prize error since it is repeatable.

Flag Post

Hi. You only can get 3 Souls from first hit after our confirm again. When you join the world, you will get 1 soul.
So first hit will get 3, first damage will get 4, second damage will get 3, third damage will get 2, final hit will get 2, joining event will get 1.

Flag Post

Then I suggest you change the prize listings. They are inconsistent. If the numbers you just gave us are correct, then the prizes as originally listed translate as follows:

First Strike: 4 Souls (3 + 1 for joining)
First Damage: 5 Souls (4 + 1 for joining)
Second Damage: 4 Souls (3 + 1 for joining)
Third Damage: 2 Souls (1 + 1 for joining)
Final Blow: 2 Souls (1 + 1 for joining)

Except that doesn’t match the numbers you just gave:

First Strike: 3 + 1 for joining
First Damage: 4 + 1 for joining
Second Damage: 3 + 1 for joining
Third Damage: 2 + 1 for joining (Total 3)
Final Blow: 2 + 1 for joining (Total 3)

Third Damage and Final Blow are different. To clear up this mess, you should only state the different prizes separately from the 1 participation Soul, and clarify which of the Third/Final prizes are correct. In other words, the prizes should be listed as:

Participation: 1 Soul (Do not include this with other prize descriptions)
First Strike: 3 Souls
First Damage: 4 Souls
Second Damage: 3 Souls
Third Damage: ? Soul(s)
Final Blow: ? Soul(s)