CoG reborn? I think not. page 2

41 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by callofgods:
Originally posted by yoshiey:

and why did i never get any berial gears from abyss? (For 1 year already)

Obviously, the opportunity to gain red equipment with higher quality is relatively fair to everyone.
None can decide when ‘one player gets 3 FireDust drops in 24 Hours’ happens. It is just a matter of luck.

and why did i never get any berial gears from abyss? (For 1 year already)

Obviously, the opportunity to gain red equipment with higher quality is relatively fair to everyone.
None can decide when ‘one player gets 3 FireDust drops in 24 Hours’ happens. It is just a matter of luck.

Luck? Well it needs to be changed to be based less on Luck and to be made more consistent and reliable. I’m not asking for a higher drop rate. I’m asking for it to be more fair and balanced for all the players. Most other games have figured out how to make Drop’s random but still balanced for its players. Please don’t let me “bad luck” ruin the game for me anymore.

- Blue S8

Flag Post

interestingly, in the past, after you complained in the forum with your char and server, you will get a red drop lol
i think it is coincidence but just made me laugh.
=
can you fix the matter so such huge luck difference CoG?

Other’s have said the same thing. Maybe I pissed off someone and they are out to get me now lol

EDIT: i do get Lucifer’s Greatsword’s left and right. but they are worthless to me at level 115.

Flag Post

Ice has written about how it’s likely the drop rate for some items is so low that the program may treat it as zero. (Especially since they nerfed the drop rate).

But I think the bigger issue is their generator. It’s obvious that some people have 20 berial drops and others have none. I went like 5 months with no FD drops, got several, now it’s back to zilch.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlueD0T:

At the lower levels you dont have much gear that gives + units. At you 60-70 level range you can gain levels daily. giving you more units and more power fast. at higher levels. it takes weeks to gain one levels. meaning you can only gain power by gear. I have seem someone get more FireDust gear in 24 hours then i have gotten since the new year. The item Drop system needs to be more reliable and consistent.

We also have Clash that needs to be fixed, The science office and Trainer have been broken ever since they were added. Some lower rooms in the abyss are way to over powered (but it’s not an issue once you get high in level). Players having to be online to be part of the Alliance War’s is also an issue. not adding new tech or building when they added 120. now we are at 140 cap and still don’t have the tech and buildings for level 100+. Adding the tech for 100+ would allow us to gain more power from leveling and not relay as much on gear as we do now. We are also stuck at level 90 cap on Skill books. no new books were added with the level 120 cap or 140 cap.

So the new 140 cap should not had been added till all the 120 stuff was done. and all the old issues had been fixed. (I find it crazy that they are just ignoring the science office and Trainer, if they do want to do anything with them then they should be removed from the game. I dont have an problem with them removing them. I just dont understand how they have been in the game for so long and dont work.)

But my biggest issue with the game is that drop system is not reliable or consistent.

Hello, I have recorded your suggestions. The drop rate is same to every players. Thank you for playing our game.

Yeah, the drop rate is the same, but it’s still broken. People wait sometimes 3-4 MONTHS between drops of good gear. THat’s just too long. With 6 heroes and 8 slots, we need to replacement 48 slots of equipment. We aren’t getting new equipment anywhere near decent rates. Everyone knows the drop rates are broken — except for you guys.

Flag Post

I had zero Berial drops from March 2012 to February 2013. Then in the span of 3 weeks, I looted Berial’s Spur Necklace x2, Berial’s defence staff x2, and Berial’s Close Leggings x1.

Random may not guarantee normal distribution, but normal distribution would make players happier.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

I had zero Berial drops from March 2012 to February 2013. Then in the span of 3 weeks, I looted Berial’s Spur Necklace x2, Berial’s defence staff x2, and Berial’s Close Leggings x1.

Random may not guarantee normal distribution, but normal distribution would make players happier.

“Random may not guarantee normal distribution”

That’s a good way of putting it. They seem to think everything is fine, and until we can convince them something is not right. nothing will change. All I ever get is “oh well, your luck is bad”

Flag Post

Adding a guaranteed Justice Badge drop to Fantasy dungeons (and increasing the badge shop prices) would go a long way to guaranteeing that even in a bad luck you would end up with something good every two or three weeks of play.

Flag Post

Exactly.

Flag Post

I just watched more players say they quit. I’m not sure stillbirth counts as rebirth.

Flag Post

I just watched more players say they quit. I’m not sure stillbirth counts as rebirth.

See COG is convinced that what players really want is more stuff that fills our inventory and costs a lot of gold.

j/k

Flag Post

I’m not sure stillbirth counts as rebirth.

not a good analogy…

Flag Post

Haven’t got high lvl in the game myself, but looking at what people write in the forums, one things is obvious: you either screw the players on the drops, or your RNG is shit.
If it’s the first case, well, why are there still any players?
If it’s the second case, make your devs have some decency, calling themselves devs and programmers, and at least look up Mersenne Twister or some other decent RNG.

P.S.
Is it so hard to dedicate someone with fluent English to reply on the forums?

Flag Post

The problem is almost definitely what they DO with the random number, not the random number generator itself. A perfectly adequate rand function is built into every modern language.

Flag Post

Sorry, I don’t play anymore, so I didn’t feel the right to participate in your conversation. But I’m sure most of you guys know the two new games the CoG team has cooked up: Glory of Gods and Clash of Olympus. They are reusing CoG item icons and even city names, like Sky City in their new games. Their banners still feature girls dressed almost in nothing and buttons that clutters the screen with a million icons. The catch is that they’ve basically stolen Wartune’s game frame by giving freedom for the character to walk around, Wings, Mounts, and a system where you don’t really have to play at all. (Just keep clicking next quest and your character will auto-walk for you.)

It’s pretty clear and obvious what’s happening. This is how CoG is “rewarding their loyal customers”. If you take a look at their other games you will see what’s going on. All of your suggestions and ideas are being put to their new games. And the CoG cycle begins again, a virus with a new face.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wishie:

Sorry, I don’t play anymore, so I didn’t feel the right to participate in your conversation. But I’m sure most of you guys know the two new games the CoG team has cooked up: Glory of Gods and Clash of Olympus. They are reusing CoG item icons and even city names, like Sky City in their new games. Their banners still feature girls dressed almost in nothing and buttons that clutters the screen with a million icons. The catch is that they’ve basically stolen Wartune’s game frame by giving freedom for the character to walk around, Wings, Mounts, and a system where you don’t really have to play at all. (Just keep clicking next quest and your character will auto-walk for you.)

It’s pretty clear and obvious what’s happening. This is how CoG is “rewarding their loyal customers”. If you take a look at their other games you will see what’s going on. All of your suggestions and ideas are being put to their new games. And the CoG cycle begins again, a virus with a new face.

I don’t play it no more either but i have right to express myself just like You do, Wishie. I’m not really sure why people keep playing this game. Developers are just bunch of shitheaded thieves not even able to say hello in english. This is true, they’ve stolen 95% of the ideas from different games. The most obvious is World boss event – wartune. Drop list in the dungeons – wartune also ( not to mention they had to fuck it up by not including junk drops so it’s like next lie ) Clash of the titans must be their own idea cause it’s terrible. Even brain-damaged ape would make it better. This is true what Wishie said. Almost 100% of the NPC’s or units from CoG is in Clash of Olympus. Siren archer is NPC there, what’s funny it’s also a unit You fight vs AND hero You can have in Your team. In Glory of Gods first city You go to after few tutorial quests is Sky City. They are lazy, their translator-english is terribad, all they are doing are money grabbing events in their bugged games. They are not fixing shit but adding some next bugged crap to their event lists and they call it achievements. My serious question is, what guys keeps You in here? It won’t be more active than it is right. Count players on Your servers every week. You really believe they will start to listen to Your suggestions? Remember double xp event? They implemented idea of our player with double xp cards to satisfy everyone cause of different time zones and added those to gold shop. Less players = more money grabbing events = higher prices. That’s how intelectual failures do it when people quit from somewhere, to keep their income on same level. This game has to die, sooner is better in this case. Everytime You buy gold, You prove them they are right. It’s like “keep up the good work, here’s my donation”. It’s Your time and Your money guys, but be serious and think about it.

Was I too offensive CoG?

I wanna say I’m sorry but I’m really not.
Guess I’ve had enough,
I’m feeling dangerous.
I wanna say I care, but I’m gonna say!

Flag Post
Originally posted by DaemonVower:

If they wanted to kill the game they’d just devote 0 programming resources to it and let it die of attrition. The idea that they’d pay a developer to intentionally drive people away is silly.

We are sorry for let you this feeling, DaemonVower. We hope cog can be more enjoyable that we developed the skiy city, lvl cap,T4 and fantasy dungeon and so on for our loyal players. But we admit sky city and fantasy are the new feature, maybe they have drawback in some aspect such as they are very hard to complete, so we will try to optimize them and develop more function for our players to finish them easiler than before. Thank you for your opinion.

You keep saying this, but you just keep making more difficult stuff (e.g, Sky City content and the new quests to get to Sky City), or you add stuff that helps a little bit but people can’t reach or is unable to do the quests (new drops in Sky City) or is low drop (ES drops).

It’s a joke that d12h is so difficult that people have to use coupons to skip most fights. And there can’t be more than a handful of people actually able to Sky City quests and dungeons on M2 server.