XP errors!

24 posts

Flag Post

COG

Why does the “win screen” tell me i earn XP, and the system log does not?

Took until 2-24 for me to actually be credited with XP gain….

Flag Post

I’m not affiliated with COG, but my guess is that what’s going on in the game code is (roughly) as in the following pseudocode. There’s also a TLDR version at the bottom if you don’t want to deal with code in particular and my tendency to go on and on.

new integer = TheVariable; // since TheVariable is an integer, its default value is 0
FOR EACH hero participating in battle { // iterate over all the heroes participating in the battle, in the order you recruited them
IF (hero receives experience) {
TheVariable = amount of experience that hero receives;
HerosCurrentExperience = HerosCurrentExperience + TheVariable;
PrintToSystemTab(“Your hero (hero) gained (TheVariable) exp.”);
// also stuff about levelling up but that’s irrelevant here
}
GenerateOnWinScreen(“(hero): (TheVariable) Exp”);
}

So what’s happening with your heroes Tuvia 2 and Kadir (also Kerwin for the first two levels) is that Tuvia 2 is a low enough level that she receives experience in every one of the Abyss rooms you screencapped. Therefore, when the iteration reaches her, the IF condition is true, which means TheVariable is always set to the amount of experience that she gains, this amount is added to her total experience, and when her portion of the win screen is generated, she is credited with the correct amount of experience. Comparatively, until 2-24, Kadir is too high a level to receive experience. Thus, when the iteration reaches him, the IF condition is false, which means that the game does not change the value of TheVariable, does not change the total experience he has, and doesn’t print anything to the system tab. (In particular, the value of TheVariable is still the last value that was assigned to it; in your case, that would be the amount of experience Tuvia 2 gained.)

However, per my hypothetical pseudocode, whether or not the hero receives experience, the win screen generates the text “(hero name): (TheVariable) Exp”. Thus, in your case, in the Abyss rooms where Kadir and Kerwin are too high a level to receive experience, when the game generates the win screen, they are credited with the last assigned value of TheVariable – to wit, the value assigned when the iteration reached Tuvia 2.

Too Long; Didn’t Read version:
Call of Gods was programmed under the assumption that in every battle, if any hero that participated in the battle gains experience (i.e. more than zero), then they were recruited after every hero that participated in the battle but did not gain any experience.

Flag Post

Hi. Actually your hero have gotten exp at that time. Sometimes the system chat will meet this BUG. We will check this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Flag Post

no, In fact you don’t get exp
it’s a show error,a lv105+ hero can’t get exp from lv 80-90 monster,but it’s still show you get exp

Flag Post

Hi. Actually, NO my heroes did NOT get xp, i was checking the EXP bar on the display heroes page after each wave. I refuse to take more screenshots to go along with screenshots that already give enough evidence of what you confirmed as a “BUG.”

IF you do check this problem, will it be corrected? You ALWAYS tell me you look into my questions, then NEVER say another thing about them.

Why do i even bother?

Flag Post

Any response from the devs “checking this problem?”

Flag Post

Hi. It is show BUG and the exp situation is normal. Thank you for your attention.

Flag Post

A “show bug” is what ACO told YOU.

regardless… how is a bug “normal?”

Flag Post

Hi. Our staffs have test it is no problem. If you think some of your heros cant get exp after battle. Please tell us your hero lvl and monster lvl.

Flag Post

My screenshots are purgatory abyss 2-19 to 2-24 and the hero levels are:
Abbadon-113, Danae-113
Tuvia-113, Tuvia-106
Kadir-113, Kerwin-110

I was not expecting each of them to get xp. that is why this is confusing.

Also, did you know the world boss Corrupted Lord located in Abandoned Fortress awards the same amount of XP as Jungle Hunterin Crystal Coast? I find that odd and it slows down player leveling unfairly.

Thank you

Flag Post

wow i feel your frustration, that sucks. good luck with this..

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrSchpfmut:

Abbadon-113, Danae-113
Tuvia-113, Tuvia-106
Kadir-113, Kerwin-110

Also, did you know the world boss Corrupted Lord located in Abandoned Fortress awards the same amount of XP as Jungle Hunterin Crystal Coast? I find that odd and it slows down player leveling unfairly.

Thank you

Hi, thanks for your report. We will ask tech team what is going on.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrSchpfmut:

Abbadon-113, Danae-113
Tuvia-113, Tuvia-106
Kadir-113, Kerwin-110

Thank you

Hi. Our tech team will increase the exp of Corrupted Lord in the next version.

Flag Post

hahaha NOW? Awesome. I bet JAYM shits a cactus.

Flag Post
Originally posted by callofgods:

Hi. Our tech team will increase the exp of Corrupted Lord in the next version.

wow, thanks! Corrupted Lord EXP is far more important that my abyss question… :)

who is JAYM?

Flag Post

I can actually answer your original question, since callofgods was kind enough to go on a happy tangent.

Your abyss question is just a UI bug that pops up when you have some heroes that get 0xp from a fight and some heros that get XP. Your Abbadon, Danae, Tuvia, Kadir, and Kerwin were too high of level to get XP from 2.19. If your heros are >10 levels more than the enemy, XP goes to zero no matter what. That’s a “Setting of the game” as callofgods likes to say, and always has been.

However, the UI bug pops up whenever a hero that gains 0 xp comes after a hero that gets >0 xp in the You Win screen. Instead of 0xp, the You Win screen shows that hero getting the exact same xp as the hero above it. Once it hits another Hero that IS eligible for XP the bug snaps back out and starts showing its XP correctly. But the higher-leveled hero doesn’t actually get that xp – it’s a display bug in the You Win screen only. So the System tab, properly, does not show it.

You aren’t losing any XP you are supposed to get, it’s just improperly displaying XP your heros weren’t actually eligible for. Annoying, but it’s only a UI issue. Not a gameplay issue.

Flag Post

JAYM is an m1 guy who posted earlier in the thread. CLord’s xp has been his hobby horse for a while and they always ignored him :v

Flag Post

if you want real experience errors check this out:

Current Experience for 111-119

111 – 1,302,500,000 – an increase of 452,500,000
112 – 1,555,000,000 – an increase of 252,500,000
113 – 1,907,500,000 – an increase of 352,500,000
114 – 2,260,000,000 – an increase of 352,500,000
115 – 2,612,500,000 – an increase of 352,500,000
116 – 2,965,000,000 – an increase of 352,500,000
117 – 3,302,500,000 – an increase of 337,500,000
118 – 3,670,000,000 – an increase of 367,500,000
119 – 4,022,500,000 – an increase of 352,500,000

The CoG intended Experience for 111-119 (which they screwed up)

111 – 1,202,500,000 – an increase of 352,500,000
112 – 1,555,000,000 – an increase of 352,500,000
113 – 1,907,500,000 – an increase of 352,500,000
114 – 2,260,000,000 – an increase of 352,500,000
115 – 2,612,500,000 – an increase of 352,500,000
116 – 2,965,000,000 – an increase of 352,500,000
117 – 3,317,500,000 – an increase of 352,500,000
118 – 3,670,000,000 – an increase of 352,500,000
119 – 4,022,500,000 – an increase of 352,500,000

side note, however long it took you to get from lvl 99 to lvl 100 is the same amount they are adding to each level after 110

Flag Post

hey cog look its a cactus!

Flag Post

hey cog ive been running corrupted lord everyday since it came out. never went back to jungle hunter. is there some sort of compisation for me since ive been telling you this for months now? and you did nothing? i’ll take 1000 gold, or few red gems, or an fd piece, or maybe a fd suit? yeah fd suit would be nice.

Flag Post

Just for, uh, reference, in case this actually works, let the record show that I have also run hundreds of Corrupted Lords and I have also reported this bug before. Feel free to check logs to verify us.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JAYMZ78:

hey cog ive been running corrupted lord everyday since it came out. never went back to jungle hunter. is there some sort of compisation for me since ive been telling you this for months now? and you did nothing? i’ll take 1000 gold, or few red gems, or an fd piece, or maybe a fd suit? yeah fd suit would be nice.

Originally posted by DaemonVower:

Just for, uh, reference, in case this actually works, let the record show that I have also run hundreds of Corrupted Lords and I have also reported this bug before. Feel free to check logs to verify us.

i too have fought thousands of corrupted lord.

Flag Post

and i was the first to run him ever! haha

DV i appreciate your explanation!

Flag Post

Hi, about this issue, we will ask higher admins to give us a reply as soon as possible. :)