Bring Firedust back to Cross Champion Cup

10 posts

Flag Post

I’m curious how many players are happy with the changes to the rewards for CSC. With Firedust removed as a reward, COG has pretty much removed FD equip from the game entirely, since it is almost impossible to get from D110. FD was a reward for the top 8 for 16 weeks and now, for no apparent reason, they’ve decided it’s too bad for players, you don’t get it any more. You cannot remove an element of a game without replacing it with something equivalent or better. You notice no one is complaining about God badges being replaced with Tears of Fury? It is because you replace the former with a slightly better version, that’s great! But…

Heart of Fury is just another waste of inventory space at the moment and the Gem Box is likely 99.9% going to be an OJ gem. Both of which are useless to most people that can make top 8 in CSC.

For high level players, getting Firedust is the only way to progress now in the game and you’ve taken that away from us. Leveling can takes weeks at a time now and for most people, I bet they’ve got all they need from purgatory equip. Cultivation is really now the only way players can improve their heroes which is great, but not the same. If you want players to spend gold, you need to give them something to spend it on!

So COG players, do you like the changes?

Flag Post

I don’t like the changes to the CSC either. The ONLY ok thing was the different badge. But like Voxelspace said Fire Dust Equips are the only way for the higher levels to be able to do D12N and D12H, as well as get past 4-20, 4-25 and god forbid be able to do SOME of Level 5 Purgatory. I don’t know if anyone has even reached level 5 yet but the few that I have talked to that have done D12N and D12H they are wiping out BIG time. How does CoG figure a level 120 player whose heroes are level 120 to be able to continue without the proper equipments. Hopefully CoG Devs have seen the error of their changes to CSC and reinstate Fire Dust and Red Gems. They listened to their players and changed World Boss. Though I do think they need to make it a little tougher. It seems really easy now but thats my opinion. Fix CSC CoG.

Flag Post

You know, from a pure design standpoint the Badges are better to give away than equipment and gems because it prevents a few players from consistently winning and pulling way ahead and everyone else. Even the best of rewards only last 1 week, so although it is a reward, it’s transitory. But that ONLY works if it has ALWAYS been like that. As it is, giving us 16 weeks of FD and Red Gems and then pulling it away, CoG has just created a god tier of players that will never be challenged by anyone that was just slightly less strong for the past few months – or even that just got unlucky in tournies!

Of course I’m slightly bitter because I finally performed the way I’d like in the tournament immediately following this change.

But more than that, the big problem is a series of small problems. Losing CSC FD wouldn’t be as big of a deal if FD had a reasonable drop rate in d11h. FD in d11h wouldn’t be as big of a deal if d12 dropped Raging Rhino, Red Gems, and chest5s like you’d expect. D12 drops wouldn’t be as big of a deal if 4.25 (and layer 5) wasn’t so absurdly hard as to be undoable. Those wouldn’t be undoable if they’d hurry up and release t4… but if the t4 is attainable by Gold only, it will be useless anyway because there is such a high chance of getting a nodrop or purple crap that it wouldn’t be profitable to chance it.

All the little irritations and road blocks compound. They really do need to stop introducing new Features and Events and just make the existing content flow better.

Flag Post

Hi, all, thank for your attention first and glad to hear you are satisfied with the new badge. About the FD and other element, we will let our devs know your feelings and suggestion. Hope they can listen to it and make some changes just like they did for World Boss.Thank you again.

Flag Post

[conspiracytheory]

is there a chance that cog is intentionally setting artificial ceilings on this stuff until they roll up levels 121-130 (preferably 121-150)? when they had no layer 5 content, they put the dual 4.25 bosses to artificially cap our progress, then laughed at players killing t3 trying to beat it. it could be that blur (and others?) was never supposed to actually make it through d12h, so they didn’t bother setting the drop tables correctly.

i suspect that when they get the new content, d12h will have its difficulty magically lowered.

[/conspiracytheory]

Flag Post

i’m define myself as a “moderate gold use”
i buy Vip every month because i’m lazy
i also open some slot in item i use.
trouble is, since Midsummer event, i barely got someone new i would use (one berial and one FD, but as it is my only one, it’s still in inventory)
for what i read in forum, i’m lucky to find a FD in less than 4 months.

the fewer the drop, the less the gold.

Flag Post

Please do NOT bring Firedust back to Cross Champion Cup. It only benefits heavy spenders and created further separation between the player base, because it doesn’t drop anywhere else (like d11h – 0.1% drop rate counts as 0%)

Flag Post

as i reached 1000 cleared dungeon last month, i evaluate the drop in d11h (for FD) at about 0.1%.
with between 150 and 200 dungeon a month, i will probably need 5 or 6 months to have a second FD.
during that time, the one i have will stay in Safe.
during that time, i won’t open use gold
do that math yourself CoG : that’s bad business.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ser16:

Instead of giving fire dust out like candy to all those people who are top 8 in the cup, they should increase the drop rate in d11h.

Agreed

Originally posted by nmsu1999:

Please do NOT bring Firedust back to Cross Champion Cup. It only benefits heavy spenders and created further separation between the player base, because it doesn’t drop anywhere else (like d11h – 0.1% drop rate counts as 0%)

Agreed

Originally posted by qyayqi:

[conspiracytheory]

is there a chance that cog is intentionally setting artificial ceilings on this stuff until they roll up levels 121-130 (preferably 121-150)? when they had no layer 5 content, they put the dual 4.25 bosses to artificially cap our progress, then laughed at players killing t3 trying to beat it. it could be that blur (and others?) was never supposed to actually make it through d12h, so they didn’t bother setting the drop tables correctly.

i suspect that when they get the new content, d12h will have its difficulty magically lowered.

[/conspiracytheory]

Agreed

Flag Post

In my opinion, a drop rate where you get one every month or two doing 3-4 dungeons a day makes sense. In round numbers, that would be a drop rate between 0.5 to 1.0 percent.

I’ve been running d11h daily for months and months and have yet to see a single FD drop. And I’m not the only one.

I do agree that it shouldn’t be added to the Champion’s Cup, because the rest of us who have no chance to win it are never going to get one of those. If we’re doing to run D12h someday, we need to be able to get some in d11h.