[Event] Save Psyche and win Valentine's Day gifts

55 posts

Flag Post

[Event] Save Psyche and win Valentine’s Day gifts Updated
Event duration:
From this maintenance Feb 21st to the next maintenance
Details:
During this event, a few Chimaeras will appear in level 30,60,90,110 maps. It is said that Cupid’s lover Psyche has been seized by those ferocious monsters. If you can kill them and save psyche, you will obtain Valentine’s Day gifts offered by Cupid.
Valentine’s Day gift:
1. Opening the Valentine’s Day gift, players will have chance to get Piece of Valentine’s Day suit, Ice Tyrant, resource pack or coupons. In addition, it also includes several single words which can be used to exchange for Valentine’s Day cards: Our Love Will Never Fade

Item Description:
Valentine’s Day cards:
Open: You will obtain one of the following items including Red Hero Card, Orange Hero Card, 3-day VIP, 100 coupon, 300 coupon, Books Pack, Gems Box, Free Wheel Card, Golden Key,Book of Astrology,Silver Card, Summoning Horn.
Piece of Valentine’s Day suit:
You will have the chance to get red or orange valentine’s equipment.
Note: the red equipment of the valentine’s equipment from valentine’s Day Suit is Midsummer Night’s equipment.

Flag Post

Another massive inventory-clogger… 5 slots minimum, even for one item (6 slots in practice, since transmutation requires an open slot). For what? Mostly Alliance War/Welfare chest rewards and Free Wheel Items.

Flag Post
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

Another massive inventory-clogger… 5 slots minimum, even for one item (6 slots in practice, since transmutation requires an open slot). For what? Mostly Alliance War/Welfare chest rewards and Free Wheel Items.

Don’t forget you will need space for seeds and pedals (4 different kinds) too!

Flag Post

Will you still get the drop if you are a lot higher level then the mob…such as a 92 lvl guy doing a lvl 60 monster

Flag Post
Originally posted by Voxelspace:
Originally posted by IceWeaselX:

Don’t forget you will need space for seeds and pedals (4 different kinds) too!

Doesn’t look like they’re giving out free seeds this time. Even if they do next week, there won’t be enough to create one item. There won’t be a reason to keep those at all if you aren’t already spending mass gold to plant seeds.

Flag Post

I already did this math in the m2 wc but for posterity: At 10 petals per seed, you’d assume you need 50 seeds. But you can’t seem to choose your petal color that results from the seed. So to get one piece of equipment, you need 200 seeds (and you get 3 gems thrown in).

Let us assume they are selling seeds for 5g again, and that anyone buying them in bulk has VIP. 200 seeds is going to cost 1000g. If this is a 3 piece set, that’s 3000g, if it’s 8, that’s 8000g.

“But we get some seeds for free for spending!” Yes, let’s do that math. There are 16 days with that offer available, and let’s assume our clever spender takes advantage of every day maximally. That’s 64 seeds or 320g saved. hooray. Only 7680g for a full set of 8.

Conclusion: The drop rate on this gear from the boss is going to be horrendous.

Flag Post

I just hope fighting the bosses will get you some nice silver (like Santa did). If not, I’ll completely ignore this event.

Flag Post

I’m confused.

Each time you kill the Chimera you will get the OJ gift or is it just a random chance drop, making it easier to obtain the harder the chimera is (eg lvl 90/110 drops more often)

And how do you obtain the valentine day card pieces?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maowingtons:

I’m confused.

Each time you kill the Chimera you will get the OJ gift or is it just a random chance drop, making it easier to obtain the harder the chimera is (eg lvl 90/110 drops more often)

Collect the materials to Composite them at Transmutation Master. You can get them in "During this event, a few Chimaeras will appear in level 30,60,90,110 maps. It is said that Cupid’s lover Psyche has been seized by those ferocious monsters. If you can kill them and save psyche, you will obtain Valentine’s Day gifts offered by Cupid. " this event.

Flag Post
Originally posted by callofgods:

I’m confused.

Collect the materials to Composite them at Transmutation Master. You can get them in "During this event, a few Chimaeras will appear in level 30,60,90,110 maps. It is said that Cupid’s lover Psyche has been seized by those ferocious monsters. If you can kill them and save psyche, you will obtain Valentine’s Day gifts offered by Cupid. " this event.

What about the drops from Chimaeras? Are they certified 100% drop valentine day gifts or no? Or how often they drop?

Flag Post

Doesn’t seem like you get valentines gifts everytime… so far ive just got one word each time.

Should have seen that one coming lol

Flag Post

It seems like Gifts > Cards…

Flag Post

I have run the boss 20 times and never gotten a Gift. There are a few people on the server that get it >50% of the time over the course of the same runs. what the hell is up with the drop algorithm.

Flag Post

If anyone gets, or personally sees anyone get, the Valentines gear from a Val Day Gift Box, please post in this thread. I am afraid this is going to be another fiasco like with the Dark Knight hero where none dropped for the first 10 days and suddenly they dropped like mad for the last 4, with CoG claiming no changes made.

Flag Post
Originally posted by evilbob71:

It seems like Gifts > Cards…

From the description, I think Gifts are the primary prize vector, with the Cards being consolation/second-chance lesser prizes.

Flag Post

My first card was three green gems.

Flag Post

CoG, please fix level 90 Chimera…

S10, there is only 5 level 90s and even the 3 level 99s cannot kill the Chimera.. (t4s as well)

The mobs are lvl 98 and boss himself is lvl 90… It’s too hard, please nerf it… Thank you

Flag Post

CoG, please fix level 90 Chimera…

S10, there is only 5 level 90s and even the 3 level 99s cannot kill the Chimera.. (t4s as well)

The mobs are lvl 98 and boss himself is lvl 90… It’s too hard, please nerf it… Thank you

This… It’s outrageous… why would you make the mobs a higher level than the boss? S10 cannot down this lvl 90 boss at all. that definitely needs to be fixed!

Flag Post

Well during xmas event s9 couldnt kill 90 santa. “Deal with it. -CoG”

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

The inventory issue is even worse than expected. The Gifts only stack to 10 so you can’t hold onto them to save room.

Flag Post

stupid valentine event. pls make the lvl 90 boss easier much easier

Flag Post
Originally posted by DaemonVower:

I have run the boss 20 times and never gotten a Gift. There are a few people on the server that get it >50% of the time over the course of the same runs. what the hell is up with the drop algorithm.

Same here, I hardly ever get these Valentine gifts, while other people seem to drop them like crazy (according to system messages). Really weird.

edit: Never mind, shortly after writing that, drop rate improved dramatically.

Flag Post

It seems to just be really, really streaky. I go 20 without a drop, and then 20 where I get 10 gifts. Based on the open messages I saw from other people this seems to be a fairly global phenomena.

Flag Post

Those global announcements are really annoying, too. Step away during a fight and come back to a backlog of about 50…