Forums EMP Game

Basic Help

24 posts

Flag Post

Forum for helping people!

Flag Post

You can salvage from planets by selecting your engineering ships and clicking on a planet. You can do this to planets even in your own system. This helps your income a lot.

Flag Post

“How to survive in violent EMP world guide”

1. Mod 1 and Mod2 platforms are used in defense. (you can build Mod 2 studying it technology on 4-th level of science) it differs from Mod 1 , it’s 3 times stronger but it costs only 2 times more than Mod 1 . At different science levels you will constantly meet techs “+ 20% to attack” and “+20% to strength” of unmanned platforms, you can enhance combat characteristics of platforms severely by studying them.

2. Energy Transmitter – build it and you will be able to increase the attack capabilities of your and ally fleets in defense by 54%! Tech required for it building is on level 3.

3. Undercover Base – allows you to hide your and ally fleets from attacking of superior enemy forces, one undercover base at maximum level is able to hide fleet from 2800 enemy frigates equipped neutrino detectors, it can be built on each planet as unlike to energy transmitter they are summarized, for example on a system of 5 planets, with 5 bases built your opponent will need a fleet of more than 14000 frigates to detect.

4. Cache allows to hide resources from enemy robbery, 1 cache hides 3100 units of each type, science allows to increase their capacity by 20%. You can build more after upgrading 1-st one to the maximum. Effective in the early stage of the game then becomes a burden.

5. On the 4-th level of science there is a tech that makes 10 % of your warehouse invisible for enemy, but there is one thing, the tech hides resources on each storehouse separately, on each planet and if it is filled with more than 10% enemy will rob it despite the fact that neighboring warehouse is empty. Therefore, we must build several orbital resource docks, they are mutual for all planets in the system, and the maximum capacity of dock is filled first. With all the sciences you can increase it’s capacity to 500k of each res. for example building 3 docks in the system allows you to hide 150k of each res. from the enemy. Individual storages cheap and angrily accumulates 1m resource and can hide 100k from looting. if you’re out for a long time place buildings to all queue slots, it will not give resource to accumulate above the robbery threshold.

6. Engineering Bureau active on the planet it was built. Can increase the durability of your buildings by 400% also there is a science “+50 % durability” (allows to increase resistance to the “beavers” bombing)

7. Innovational Planetary Shield Generator. Takes the bombers hit first and does not allow to destroy other buildings until it is destroyed (unfortunately I can not say how it works) tech is on the 6-th level.

8 . Everything listed above is good but the main thing in this game is communication! You can not survive here alone so join or create alliances so you can defend togater, gathering fleets of several players.

9. Commercial Dock. Also helps you to hide resources. For example put for sale a certain type of resource with the maximum rate of 2.5. Docks at the 20 lvl are able to hide 40k of res offered for sale for 100k of another res hardly anyone have a desire to buy it. Science “+ 40% to capacity” and a trading corporation allows you to increase capacity of the hucksters by several times .
10. Espionage and counter espionage is 90% of your success in the game. Having a spy in the enemy alliance allows you to be aware of their plans and take countermeasures, or calculating a spy in your ranks. You can give him false info when needed, that will decide the outcome of the company. (For administration I’m clean as an angel you can check)

11. And finally when all of that does not help you, and will not help when whole alliance decided to eliminate you. Surviving alone IS NOT POSSIBLE. And you decided to leave the game or this particular acc, but you dont want your acc to be used as a cow, destroying all buildings takes a long time then just build level 10 cache on each planet and put all the warehouses and orbital docks to destruction so capacity of your warehouse will be 2000 and cache hides 3100. Your enemy no longer receives a crumbs.

Originally posted by user “Ayvengo” thank him for this guide.
P.S. My translation sucks i know

Flag Post

First steps on how to start a great Empire:

1. Click on your Avatar and check the Tasks. Build what you need to finish a Task. In the first Days you nearly live from Task rewards only.

2. As soon as you built a Lab you can go into your Research Center and research your first technology.
For a good start you should research Space Engineering and Engineers first. Then Space Navigation for a higher Range in Space.

3. You got 8 Fighters at start. Find Ancient Level 0 Asteroids and attack them with your fighters. The fighters will raid the recources on it and wont be attacked. On Level 0 are no Enemies. Dont forget to clear an Asteroid out to 0 0 0 recources or it wont respawn.

4. As soon as you got Engi researches done build a shipyard and build some Engineers. With them you can farm Planets in your own System and systems around you without beeing attacked.

5. When you are out of Pilots, upgrade your Academy. When you are out of Population, upgrade your Planetary Colony.

6. When you feel rdy you can attack the first lvl 1 Ancient Asteroid with your 8 ( or more ) fighters.
As next you have to attack a lvl 2 Ancient asteroid. Do this with a minimum of 15 fighters our you could loose the fight.
To attack and farm lvl 2 Ancients most effective you need a minimum of 80 fighters to get a high chance of no losses!
That doenst mean that attacking them with 30 fighters isnt good. As long as you can make + recources, do it!

7. You got a new Technology from the first Ancient lvl 2. Research it as fast as possible when you want to play as raider. That research takes 3 days or less. When its done you can attack your first lvl 2 Anomaly. The Quest Reward for that attack are 4 Colony Ships. Use them to build a second planet. Remember that enemy Players around you could kill them.

8. When you got enemy Players around and they could attack you – build some defense platforms or they are able to wipe your fleet and steal your recources over and over again.
When you got problems with a basher, try to upgrade your Caches to hide your recources. He cant steal them anymore as long as you dont have more than the caches can hide.

9. Here you choose your gameplay now. When you are playing very often: Go for raiding. Build more and more fighters, try to get frigate technology as fast as possible and attack anomaly´s.

When you dont like to play a couple of hours a day – dont stop playing! you can still have fun. Just upgrade your mines more and build more Engineer´s and defense platforms versus Enemy Players. The Engi´s can make a great amount of recources a day just sending them out every 3 hours.

Flag Post

In EMP game you have a capability to defend against overwhelming enemy forces.
Here are some tips on effective defence.

1. Build unmanned platforms they are foundation of your defence, they are cheap and do not require pilots so you are not limited in their number.

2. The next step is hiding resources, cache can hide some of the resources from the enemy, it will allow you to grow despite constant attacks of the enemy.

3. Building an undercover base will allow you to save and accumulate a fleet to counter-attack. Required tech is on the 2nd science level.

4. If you have accumulated enough troops to deal with the enemy and defeated his army a processing plant will be useful. This construction allows to obtain 20% of the ships value, friendly and enemy, destroyed in the battle.

Flag Post

Colony ships cost a lot, don’t rush them like me.

Flag Post

Does anyone know how to repair ships? Is it an automatic thing, or is there something you have to click on?

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1337n008:

Does anyone know how to repair ships? Is it an automatic thing, or is there something you have to click on?

It’s automatic but depends on a couple of things.
1. Ship has to be in a system with a shipyard.
2. Shipyard must not be in use. This means that a shipyard set to build more ships, isn’t going to be doing any repairs until its queue is finished.

Flag Post

Do multiple Hyperspace Scanners stack in scanning area?

Flag Post

No they cover some area.

Flag Post
Originally posted by enepttastic:

2. Shipyard must not be in use. This means that a shipyard set to build more ships, isn’t going to be doing any repairs until its queue is finished.

I have two shipyards in my home system, neither of them are in use, and all of my ships are in the same system as them, yet none of my ships are being repaired. Why is this? Is it because shipyards only repair a certain amount, or is it that I have to be logged in for a certain period of time in order for the shipyards to start repairing my fleet?

Flag Post

I have two shipyards in my home system, neither of them are in use, and all of my ships are in the same system as them, yet none of my ships are being repaired. Why is this? Is it because shipyards only repair a certain amount, or is it that I have to be logged in for a certain period of time in order for the shipyards to start repairing my fleet?

you have nothing left to repair? ….:P

Flag Post

Space combat
Fleet attacks the enemy system for 20 minutes. Several players can attack one system simultaneously, in that case defending fleet engage combat against all attackers simultaneously. Only allies have a possibility to help you in defence (your alliance or coalition players). You can not attack you ally.

Resources raiding
After successful attack your fleet stars raiding an enemy planets. Raiding speed = 1/20 of total cargo capacity of raiding fleet per minute. So 20 minutes raiding gives you 100% cargo if possible.

Bombardment
If you gave your fleet an order to start bombardment, your bombers will start to bomb selected target right after arrival, they will not engage combat against defending forces. Defending forces will select enemy bombers as top priority target to eliminate them as soon as possible.

Invasion
If you give a fleet an order to “capture the planet" after the entrance of the enemy system, landing ships will start landing that will last for 5 minutes, then they start capturing planet that will last for 15 minutes. During this time loyalty on the planet will decline by 5%. When loyalty fall to 0% planet come under your control .
Control of landing robots is carried out from orbit of the planet and therefore landing ships are vulnerable to enemy fire.
Landing ships can carry out a successful operation only if the number of marines on board of the ships is more than planet population. Researching the “Improved titanium fibers” technology speeds up capture twice.

Maximum level of mines
Maximum level of mines on resourceful planets is 8 and 10 on others.
With help of technology maximum level can be raised to 14 level on resourceful planets, and to 12 on others. Resourceful planets types are: minor metallic, minor polymeric, minor radium, medium metallic, medium polymeric and medium radium.

Resources hiding
Building caches allows you to hide some resources; which depends on their level. Researching “New metamaterials” tech makes 10% of your storage and orbital resource docks capacity invisible to enemy. Example: if enemy have 2 level 10 cahces and storagehouse with 11500 capacity. One cache hides 1600 resources, and a storage 11500 * 10% = 1150.That gives us 2 х 1600 + 1150 = 4350 hidden resources.

Orbital resource dock
Orbital resource dock allows to store some resources on planet orbit. It’s common to all planets is the system that belongs to one player so now there is no need to transport resources between planets. *Important caches do not effect orbital docks.

Science levels and technologies
There is 10 science levels, each have a unique set of technologies. At the games beginning player have 1 level tech available for research. To get access to next science levels player have to research “transition to level #” technology. There is no need to research all technologies on level, player can return to research of any available technology any time.

Technology of ancients
It’s a special science level where ancients tech discovered by player will appear.

Objects on space map
Space map contains following objects: players stars, stars with planets that can be colonized, asteroid systems, systems of ancients and anomalies.
Star system have from 3 to 6 planets.
Asteroid systems have no planets, only asteroid fields – debris of once existing planets and their satellites. You can find remains of ancients automated defence systems, some resources and useful ancients tech.
Systems of ancients contains mostly intact uninhabited planets of ancients.
Anomalies – unstable objects, they constantly move and can be detected only with subspatial scanner. After attack they disappear and appear again later in other place, but in same cluster. Anomalies are growing when attacked. You can find resources, tech, drifting ships and atomated ships of ancients there.

Flag Post

The free frigate you get from the anomoly mission will not be repaired until you research the frigate technology.

Flag Post

Is there a way to make the colonial ships not go and defend another system. I find its almost truly impossible to survive and go after more planets when your constantly getting atked by 500+ frigates.

Flag Post

I agree it’s hard indeed, try to upgrade undercover bases, if impossible then diplomacy is only way.

Flag Post

IF you are online and want to defend against a fight that you know you can win, but have colonial ships in orbit, you can send them to a lvl 0 while the battle is going on, and will take FOREVER to get there, and than the time it takes to “battle/gather” time, then that long ride home… are now safe.

Flag Post

How do you build the Orbital Resource Dock? I have researched the technology, but how do I build it? I am tired of transferring resources all over the place.

Flag Post
Originally posted by danchez37927:

How do you build the Orbital Resource Dock? I have researched the technology, but how do I build it? I am tired of transferring resources all over the place.

It’s in the same area as shipyard. It’s a space building.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pagani400:

I have an open spot to build in the same area as the shipyard, but when I select it, the only thing that I can build is the processing plant.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pagani400:

I have an open spot to build in the same area as the shipyard, but when I select it, the only thing that I can build is the processing plant.

nevermind, I just figured it out.

Flag Post

So, in the Research tab, there are “SP”, which you apparently accumulate over time. I have no idea what they are, or how to use them, if you actually can. Are they just an arbitrary thing, or do they mean something, and if they do, how do I spend them?

Flag Post
Originally posted by T3rmn8r:

So, in the Research tab, there are “SP”, which you apparently accumulate over time. I have no idea what they are, or how to use them, if you actually can. Are they just an arbitrary thing, or do they mean something, and if they do, how do I spend them?

If you look at the Research center building you will see that the building builds them every hour. When you upgrade the building the amount of SP it generates goes up and consequently the time to research everything goes down.

In other words the “SP” is a resource that you can not accumulate, you can only use it when you are researching something and it also can tell you how long something will take to research.

As an example:

I make 26SP/h. To research level 4 tech you need 7000SP. So 7000/26=269.23 hours or 11.22 days.

If on the other hand I upgrade my Research center up one level I will be making 30sp/h.

7000/30=233.34hrs = 9.72 Days. So by upgrading the research center I shaved off 1.5 days research time.

Flag Post

help my chat wont work