Reversing the sides, religion page 3

53 posts

Flag Post

Well, I belive that god DIDN"T create life, but god is the master of our fate. i don’t mean that if we don’t belive we rot in hell, i mean that he makes things like you falling and bumping your head happen. and danboy? NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER question people smarter than u like mxmm and I

Flag Post

Religion is great when i cant explain everything that goes on in the world, im sure sooner or later humanity will, for now, i still am agnostic because god IS a possibility.

I think people have faith becuase they feel the need to know that there is a purpose in life, not that just things happen just because. (not taking into account physics or anything, I’m just going into the philosophical concept of "why’ as in “whats the point”)

Flag Post

what part does “god” take in your relegion, is he just the creator or still in control of everything (or perhaps something else)?

Well, at least in Christianity, God is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. This can very easily equate to he is control of everything, and the ultimate creator of everything (for if he is infinitely great, a finite thing cannot have created him, even by chance, because it is dealing with infinities, not merely “creating” something finite on accident.) Many of you may have a problem with this: a God is in control?

However, I have reasoned something (perhaps incorrectly): If a God exists, he must be the personal manifestation of logic. He simply is too similar to the aspects of logic. Logic is omniscient (given the correct axioms), omnipotent (it can reason a way to do anything non-contradictory), and omnipresent (there is no place in existence that can exist in contradiction.) Now, you may say, a God must exist, if it is merely supposed to be pure truth. Perhaps this is just a semantic argument, but I believe that the only question (and the one we are debating, truthfully), is whether God is personal or impersonal. This question encapsulates all of our arguments over whether God is relevant or evident, so many choose to more simply say there is no God, or it is impossible to know if there is a God. However, this argument may not work if you assume there is no such thing as absolute truth, merely personal truth; but if that’s the matter, why are we even discussing this logically?

NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER question people smarter than u like mxmm and I

Frankly, I’m honored, but this doesn’t work. If everyone argued like this, then there wouldn’t be scientific revolutionaries like Copernicus, Galileo, or Einstein, which would honestly make everything worse for everyone :-P