Let's Discuss James Madison

10 posts

Flag Post

If you don’t know much about James Madison, read the Wikipedia article on him first, or do some other research.

My personal opinion on James Madison is that he was the worst president in US history. He wasn’t a bad person though, nobody is (only our choices are bad). But, he made lots an lots of bad choices.

James Madison attacked Canada because they were enjoying the English Empire’s lower taxes and better trade, started a war, got the capitol burned down, and almost lost our country.

Flag Post

James Madison attacked Canada because they were enjoying the English Empire’s lower taxes and better trade, started a war, got the capitol burned down, and almost lost our country.

So he was the precursor to Bush?

Flag Post

We’re discussing James Madison, please learn to read the title of threads.

Flag Post

Ok, James Madison pales in comparison to John Adams and John Quincy Adams, who basically destroyed the economy at their time. Tension between England and USA was growing even without the measures Madison took, and he won the war, didn’t he?

Flag Post

No, he didn’t win the war. Benjamin Franklin did.

Flag Post

james madison was the one who came up with our current government systems: legslative, judical and the other one i forgot the name to lol. yea he messes up as a pres but in being a founding father he rocked.

Flag Post

My personal opinion on James Madison is that he was the worst president in US history

Yea, I can think of a lot worse presidents.

Flag Post

bush is in that group

Flag Post

were talking about james madison not bush.

Flag Post

im just replying to what kris said