Facebook

16 posts

Flag Post

Facebook suicide

discuss the view on the subject in this article.

Flag Post

Thanks for the instructions Yeti…

Flag Post

What’s to really discuss?

Flag Post

if people want to choose to have a facebook, they have all the right!

Flag Post

makes no difference to me. i dont care what others do.

Flag Post

Whats your thoughts?

Do you have Facebook, are you considering a facebook suicide?

Do you feel tha facebook is “ninjaing” ad’s. Or do you think the whole “facebook is bad” thing is a piece of crap?

Why/why not!

Flag Post

yes i have facebook

Flag Post

i have a facebook and i dont have a problem

Flag Post

I have a facebook. I did have some concerns over the privacy issues because of these ‘beacons’, but I’ve found them pretty easy to turn off in places like Amazon and Kongregate. I’ve also been sent some information of what some of my friends have bought, but at the end of the day it’s your own choice whether you buy the stuff. I did in fact notice that one of my friends had bought a new album that I didn’t know was out yet, so I bought it as well. I guess the advertising led me to make that purchase, but I would have bought it anyway if I had known.

What I found most annoying was all the invitations for the different applications, but then I found the option to block these invitations and now it’s okay again. I think really this is just a backlash that often happens when a small-scale thing becomes popular.

Flag Post

Aye, turn off the extravagant shit on Facebook. Keep it restricted to a basic social network, and it does its job just fine without any vile interference. It helps me get in touch with old friends, keep people updated about the basics like e-mail address and phone number, and organize social events.

Flag Post

its fine to give them every info except address and phone

Flag Post

I think that facebook is a simple way to connect with friends. Honestly. Like unproductive, I have a problem with the beacons and the invitations. The invitations are becoming less and less, so I like that.

One of the major problems I have with it is the lack of security with pictures. You can set your album to be private to all people but your friends. That’s dandy. But if one of your friends decides to right click “Open picture in new window” you get the picture. Flat out. From there, anyone can see it WITHOUT having to go through Facebook’s security by simply getting a link.

Flag Post

Facebook is sort of just like KONG. It is an organization meant for teens and beyond that age to connect. It’s not some online dating gimmick, but I guess the possibilities are way out of my reach on that one. I mean, sure. You can hook up with some one. You might wanna be a little more careful, because many pedifiles could be there.

If you feel you can be responsible with your emotions Facebook is the one for you. I’d have to say that if you are known for previous depression symtoms, you might wanna lay off. There’s always going to be one time when that girl Emily from Algebra 1 posts “Katie is sooo ugly”. It hasn’t happened to me (proudly fixes collar) but I don’t go on much.

But guys, think before you post. If you put a picture of you in your bra and underwear only this is who can see it.

Your mom
Dad
Spanish teacher
Tutor
Best friend
Boy friend
Math partner
Player #34 on the basketball team
Class nerd
Your cousin
Aunt and Uncle
Little sister
Violin Teacher

AND A RAPIST

Flag Post

First of all i dont have Facebook (and i doubt i will ever get), so excuse me if what i say is wrong.

unpro, i still see it as a “hidden” advertisement system, and because its in presented in another way that usual tv ad’s, people have more trust in it. Ans is more willing to buy the things.

pigeon, every social site can be abused (even Kong i guess). But theres one thing that you say that i like.
You must be carefull not to put up pic’s of yourself in a bra (just an example). But what if your friend uploads the pic of you in a bra? then you have no way of getting rid of it.
Another place in your friends profile, (s)he may have written “my best friend is yourname”, or it may even be in the picture text. Then its easy for some pedo to look up your name and find out where you live.

Flag Post

You must be carefull not to put up pic’s of yourself in a bra (just an example). But what if your friend uploads the pic of you in a bra?

The danger is everywhere!

Flag Post

Really, actually, Yeti, myspace.com is more of an issue than facebook. Myspace.com basically has no privacy rights just to tell you.