All religious groups page 2

33 posts

Flag Post

Or maybe you are seeing some points differently than before and they don’t look crazy anymore. Don’t worry, I doubt you’ll suddenly convert to a religion just from that.

No, religion is still a silly concept of invisible friends that are invented simply out of the need to have meaning. I just think that there are only so many arguments you can make against something that cannot be proven or disproved.

Flag Post

OMG, listen. There is a Briantalogy Church. O.O I AM A GOD.

Flag Post

Or maybe you are seeing some points differently than before and they don’t look crazy anymore. Don’t worry, I doubt you’ll suddenly convert to a religion just from that.

Do you think all athiest and evolutionist stick with there ideas. I know a journalist that was an athiest. He decided to research evolution and creation ideas and there conflicts. After a long time of study he actually choose Christianity over Evoltution. He has wrote many books. Here are a few: The Case for a Creator, The Case for Christ, and The Case for Faith. His name is Lee Strobel, I am not saying that you would convert, I am just saying that an athiest can change there mind.

Flag Post

proof

Flag Post

facepalm While obviously a joke, it’s certainly not necessary (and rather spammish) to post that same picture in two different threads within 5 minutes of eachother…

Flag Post

I know I keep coming back to context, but it is an incredibly important thing for exactly this reason. People have done horrible things “in the name of God” by playing on people’s combination of belief and ignorance in the Bible. People aren’t perfect and our grasp of the Bible will always be lacking something, but by studying the Bible we can avoid these catastrophes.

yeha pretty much, though I don’t think more bible study will actually change all that much because it’s based on how the person wants to read it.

I know a journalist that was an athiest. He decided to research evolution and creation ideas and there conflicts. After a long time of study he actually choose Christianity over Evoltution. He has wrote many books. Here are a few: The Case for a Creator, The Case for Christ, and The Case for Faith. His name is Lee Strobel, I am not saying that you would convert, I am just saying that an athiest can change there mind.

These are the christians i respect most and im ok with, people that did there research and came to there own conclusion, what annoys atheists the most is christians that follow blindly because they were told too, they never asked why.

Flag Post

sorry, but afaik Strobel converted after his wife converted and he began investigating christianity, not evolution/creationism. it might not look like a big difference, but it is.

Flag Post

Oh