Death Penalty

49 posts

Flag Post

I have heard many people debate about this. Most people say it is a bad thing. I completely disagree. If you kill a person you need to die. If nto there is the chance you could do it again. Wat do you think?

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/9/topics/4838

Feel free to bump it if you have anything to add. ;)

Flag Post

or we could do what the romans did: when a man was convicted of murder in western rome, he was iven 2 choices, glatiator arena till dead or army for life. ethier way the accused person was still productive in the end. ether by entertainment for the masses, or to further expand the empire though conqwest. if it were legal, im pretty sure people would line up to watch hundreds of murderers fight to the death, thats the way the world is.

Flag Post

uh yes and then you get an army full of convicted murderers. Hooray.

Flag Post

Rebelion?

If nto there is the chance you could do it again.

Thats why there are life in prison sentances.

And anybody could murder, why not kill everyone?

Flag Post

And anybody could murder, why not kill everyone?

I think he implied that they deserve the death sentence.

I personally think that convicted killers shouldn’t be a drain on our society and we should put them into work that either pays for their care or profits the nation. Whether this is through gladiatorial combat, prison manufacturing, infrastructure upkeep, etc, etc, I think it should be used. However, if they prove themselves unable to even do that task, I think giving them a merciful way to die might be more practical (if it didn’t take 30 years for the death sentence to be enacted.) Plus, death sentences scare people away from murdering, however, generally, I think it should only be used when there is absolutely overwhelming evidence of their crime. Even then, I don’t know we’re worthy to decide who lives and who dies.

Flag Post

uh yes and then you get an army full of convicted murderers. Hooray.

Worth a quote because it make me laugh. I personally think that dumping all the murderers on an island and letting them duke it out would not only save money but would end the death penalty debate. That way they can just kill each other. Nobody cares if a murderer kills another murderer.

Flag Post

I think they should be forced to work in mines with no pay for the rest of their lives. If the mine collapses they wouldn’t have to rescue them because well….they’re murderers.

Flag Post

Hope you never make a mistake in your life, kids, you deserve no mercy if you do.

Flag Post

I think they should be forced to work in mines with no pay for the rest of their lives.

Well actually with the money they make working in the prison it equals out to slave labor anyway. No need to ship them off to mines.

Flag Post

Personally, i find Death row to be a waste. It costs more than to keep a person in prison for life, theres no productivity if there dead, you can possibly rehabilitate them. If anything they need to benefit after murder, not take more away.

Flag Post

theres no productivity if there dead

There is for worms. Anyway, convicted murderers don’t actually do anything to help the community as far as I know. For people convicted of small crimes and ending up in prison, they do community service and such, but I don’t see a prisoner who kills people with his teeth cleaning highways.

I don’t know about the price to put people to death, but it costs around $140 a day to keep them in prison. For 25 years that becomes a lot of money.

Flag Post

The death penalty is not a deterrent and thus there is no reason for it’s existence.

Flag Post

ok freeriderartist where are we gunna get a gladiator arena, and unproductive an army full of murderers could be a good thing, that means they have experience:P. And billyfred you c

Flag Post

oops hit enter and it wont let me edit my post heres wat i was saying
….can always escape from prison. Thats wat i meant

Flag Post

Putting someone to death could cost an easy 25 cents, bout the cost of a bullet. I have no pity for cold blooded murders and they have no rights as they gave them all up when they killed their victim.

People who have mitigating circumstances, however, should not be executed; only cold blooded killers should.

Flag Post

gladiatorial combat

Are you serious?

Flag Post

its a good idea that could work

Flag Post

No it is not. We can not have gladiators fighting for entertainment is todays society.

Flag Post

I thought the world has become more civilised, than an eye for an eye. Really… Under severe circumstances anyone can be driven to such madness, they kill someone. Should they be killed for this? Of course not, the chance they will do it again is not very high. And even then, we now have a thing called prison. It is a place someone who has comitted a crime will be put, in case of a murder, for a very long time… Maybe even for their entire life..

Can I ask a question? What would you find more of a punishment. Rotting in a cell for 20-30 years, or being killed in a couple of seconds after about 5 years of waiting in your cell. Someone doesn’t learn from dieing. He will not see the error in his ways after he is dead.

Flag Post

if their dead why do they have to learn a lesson, they are dead. It doesnt matter.

Flag Post

The death penalty is a moral black hole.
It would free space in prisons, and save society millions, but it would also label society a murderer.
These types of posts remind me of Deathnote for those of you who watch it.

Flag Post

Well you know for the people who want the death penalty, why not just allow blood feuds [vendettas]. We would not have to keep people in prison, and it was fine during medieval times [later in some places were people are/were undereducated, poor etc]. Do you know who else likes the death penalty, George Bush jr, what a great guy he is.

Flag Post

George Bush jr, what a great guy he is.

Are you seriously comparing everyone who supports the death penalty to that guy? And killing off murdering creeps is completely different then letting people just go at each other with machetes. And seriously who gives a crap if a guy who will spend 50 years in prison sees the error of his ways. If someone murdered a member of my family then I would certainly feel better knowing them dead then living for a long time. What worse punishment could it be for a victim’s family knowing their son or daughter is dead and the person who killed them gets to enjoy being alive. Even in prison, they still get more then their victims. An eye for an eye may seem barbaric to some. But I’m going to guess it seems just right to a victims family. I care more about them then some evil waste of oxygen.

Flag Post

I am merely using facts to back up my arguments, kind of like what he does, but with the truth. What if the evidence is wrong, if they are dead they can’t exactly be let out with compensation. Do you think that Guantanimo [sp] bay is a good thing? Torture, is that good? I’m guessing the answer to those [at least torture] is no, so what is different about a torture that just ends in death, it can take up 15 minutes [or more but i am sure of the quarter of an hour] on the electric chair to die/go unconscious.