Why did the US lose the Vietnam War? page 8

254 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:
Originally posted by dd790:

I know the war in Iraq is supposedly over but I wonder how long it’ll be till we actually stop loosing troops out there.

Until we withdraw them, basically.

Yea, that’s pretty much my point. If the war is won why do we need troops to die out there

 
Flag Post

Because as I understand it, we intend to set up permanent bases out there, to control the situation long-term.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

Because as I understand it, we intend to set up permanent bases out there, to control the situation long-term.

We need those bases when we are forced to attack Iran in the future.

 
Flag Post

We need those bases when we are forced to attack Iran in the future.

Forced to attack?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnRulz:

We need those bases when we are forced to attack Iran in the future.

Forced to attack?

You have read the Wikileaks cables, correct?

Almost every country in the middle east that ‘publicly’ seemed to be neutral on the issue are in fact have been pushing the USA to attack Iran ASAP. This not only includes already knows entities such as Israel, but to everyone surprise Saudi Arabia, Syria, Qatar, Jordan, Oman, and the U.A.E.

When you have two groups like the Jews in Israel and the Saudi’s agreeing, you know what is going to happen eventually.

Iran is going to do what it wants, it is going to be telling the world what they want the world to think, and in the end Iran is going to be attacked by the United States and Israel, and ( hopefully ) the United Nations.

Iran is going to continue to disobey the international community and it will reach the point where we need to either A: Attack them, or B: Live with the fact they have Nuclear Weapons and a means of delivering them.

Do you really think we are going to let a country like Iran have Nuclear Weapons? If not us, what about Israel? The President of Iran has publicly stated that Iran intends to quote " Wipe them off the map " ( Speaking of Israel )

Sow when I say ‘forced to attack’, take a long, hard look at Iran. They will be the reason we are forced to attack them.

 
Flag Post

Why must we be the international police? It is turning into a rather expensive habit. If Saudi Arabia, Syria, Qatar, Jordan, Oman, and the U.A.E. want to invade, let them do it. We cannot afford to right now.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnRulz:

Why must we be the international police? It is turning into a rather expensive habit. If Saudi Arabia, Syria, Qatar, Jordan, Oman, and the U.A.E. want to invade, let them do it. We cannot afford to right now.

I am saddened that you place money over the sheer genocide that would take place if Iran nukes Israel.

Imagined if we did nothing to ‘save money’ and then due to our inaction Israel gets nuked.

As for the countries you mention, even all of them together would not be a match for Iran, and the war would be bloody and badly drawn out. None of them, even together, have the capabilities the USA has.

I know this sounds cheesy from a kids comic book, but,

" With great power comes great responsibility "

 
Flag Post

If we get into another war, our economy would collapse, dragging everyone else down with it. Invasion is not the only way. We could just take the nukes, or fund a civil war, work toward global nuclear disarmament, or give Israel anti-nuclear technology laying around.

 
Flag Post

If Iran nukes Israel; they’d be the good guys. Eh?

 
Flag Post

This Middle Eastern country with a nutty leader is going to have and use nukes if we don’t stop them.

Gee, haven’t I heard that one before?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

I know the war in Iraq is supposedly over but I wonder how long it’ll be till we actually stop loosing troops out there. Losses in the Middle East are not as high as in Vietnam but there is no way to win in the Middle East like there was no way to win in Vietnam so it is only a matter of time.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell with the “anti-terror” raids if they are to stop a plot or keep the population in fear and make them believe the “war on terror” is working

I don’t know about you, but to me, Britain and the US are only getting troops blown to bits in Afghanistan.

 
Flag Post

m16.clogged up,jammed and ruined in swamps and jungles.I know a Vietnam vet and he said if it weren’t for that F***ing m16 and we had stuck with the m14 and m60 we would’ve won(direct quote)

 
Flag Post

Being an armchair general is easy 40 odd years after the event. Changing one weapon wouldn’t have made a scrap of difference to the outcome. What about the planes, the bombs, the helicopter gunships, the artillery, the navy? Were they all crap as well?

America got into the wrong war for the wrong reasons. It found itself in a hole, and just kept digging.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by fogbot3:

m16.clogged up,jammed and ruined in swamps and jungles.I know a Vietnam vet and he said if it weren’t for that F***ing m16 and we had stuck with the m14 and m60 we would’ve won(direct quote)

He is right about the M-16. Many of the soldiers sent home for their hunting rifles and shotguns. From what I understand, they got them.

 
Flag Post

In my opinion, the United States of America lost because of many reasons that the previous users talked about and especially the: *U.S lost because they sticked their noses into other people’s business’s. Iraq and Kuwait was fighting and suddenly the God damn bastards came and stuck their noses in OUR business, the Arabs. And ofcourse after spending Billions and billions of dollars and by the stupidity of Bush and making taxes higher America became a mess. If you wan’t freedom get rid of weapons and rockets don’t wage wars under religion and make massacres. Replying to Warbossjackjack: “Sacrifice the few to save the many” as you said can be applied to “Suicide bombers” in Palestine defending it from Zionist racist scum. Not by using atomic bombs.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Karambat:

In my opinion, the United States of America lost because of many reasons that the previous users talked about and especially the: *U.S lost because they sticked their noses into other people’s business’s. Iraq and Kuwait was fighting and suddenly the God damn bastards came and stuck their noses in OUR business, the Arabs. And ofcourse after spending Billions and billions of dollars and by the stupidity of Bush and making taxes higher America became a mess. If you wan’t freedom get rid of weapons and rockets don’t wage wars under religion and make massacres. Replying to Warbossjackjack: “Sacrifice the few to save the many” as you said can be applied to “Suicide bombers” in Palestine defending it from Zionist racist scum. Not by using atomic bombs.

Sorry if I sound rude, but do you have an opinion on anything outside of Islam, Islamic countries and Arabic culture?
It’s just that whenever I see you post, it’s something about those subjects, which is quite unusual.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Karambat:

Iraq and Kuwait was fighting and suddenly the God damn bastards came and stuck their noses in OUR business, the Arabs.

Most of the Arab countries WANTED us to intervene. Iraq had invaded one country and was preparing to invade another. AND, it wasn’t just the US. The UN officially sanctioned the actions against Iraq, which isn’t easy to do considering all the countries that have veto power in the Security Council. So there were soldiers from many different nations.

And who won that war, again? Kinda blows your theory out of the water.

 
This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator
 
Flag Post

So a talk about why Americans lost at vietnam has turned into an argument about Iran and Afghanistan? What is the world coming to?

 
Flag Post

If you think about it, if the US dosnt stick its nose into other countries buisness, then the world would get angry. If they do, the world gets angry anyway…

its a lose/lose situation

 
Flag Post

Well, one of the reasons why the US lost is because they couldn’t tell the difference to south and north, and the north/south (I forgot) were tricky, and acted like they were the north/south (I forgot which one they where aiming to kill, sorry.)

 
Flag Post

my friend thinks its because the democrats made us withdraw from the war, then vietnam got pwned right after we left

so my friend blames the democrats

i personally i dont know… what he said sounds about right

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by henrythe7th7:

Well, one of the reasons why the US lost is because they couldn’t tell the difference to south and north, and the north were tricky, and acted like they were the south

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

If Iran nukes Israel; they’d be the good guys. Eh?

anti-semetic much borat?

 
Flag Post

it was lost because we sent in hundreds of thousands of troops onto the ground, which had to fight against guerilla warfare and tons of traps.