Do we know?

17 posts

Flag Post

Do we ever really notice when we are really disrespecting our parents? Or working on a Sunday? we are all committing sins EVERY day. we never seem to notice it, though. at the end of the day I always confess my sins to the Lord Thy God Almighty, but yet the next day we do it all again. I think there really isn’t a working solution, And don’t say “HUHU LOL DONT COMMITT A SINZ LUL.” because I try not to, it’s weird.

Flag Post

Good sermon.

Flag Post

This is’nt the Serious Post forum…

Flag Post

Maybe you could wear a collar with a chain to stop yourself from committing these bad things, at the end of the day wearing a collar is a small price to pay for not committing terrible sins.

Flag Post

I don’t commit sins, because I do not follow Christianity. I’m not blasphemous though, out of respect for other people’s beliefs, providing you keep those beliefs to yourself. I’m always careful to respect my parents. When it comes down to it, if you respect evryone and everything in your world around you, there is no need for sins, or even the commandments, because that’s all it comes down to. Respect.

Just because God chose to rest on a Sunday, does not mean I should. Makes me a harder worker than the Lord himself, how is that a sin?

Flag Post

Red, from what I’ve read in your post, you don’t seem to care about morality except respect for relegions. Why so? I understand someone being amoral, but the way you said it, its ok to be immoral as long as it doesn’t affect somebody in a way their religion would frown upon.

Flag Post

I respect religion, just excuse me when I refuse to follow it, because I require certain aspects of it to be explained to me in clear believeable detail before I commit my life to it. So far, every missionary I’ve encountered has failed to convince me of their riteous religion.

Flag Post

I understand amorality, the act of not complying to morals, or you can say sins. Its just that your post made it sound like the only thing keeping you from stealing cars and killing people was respect, not a sense that its wrong regardless of the religion.

Flag Post

My point was that if you hold in mind respect for everything, there would be no need for religious rules, or “sins”. Respect for the fact that the car you are breaking into is not owned by you, so stay the hell away from it. I don’t need a religion or even an inner sense to tell me that.

Flag Post

That is generally how I live my life as well, Red. Religion is the exception though. I will only respect religion when it decides to respect me.

Flag Post

Mastery, religion and religious fanatics are two different things. Religions respect everyone, religions don’t care who you are or what you do, all religion is concerned about is maintaining what the religion requires of people.

Jesus freaks on the other hand, seem like religion because they spew blasphemous stuff out of their mouth at anyone who thinks different. So why should you condemn everyone who chooses to believe because those few people give you a hard time?

Flag Post

Rakuth – Christianity does not respect homosexuals/bisexuals, and I think that’s what Mastry was getting at (Mastry, forgive me if I’m remembering incorrectly or getting you mixed up with someone else).

Flag Post

Mainly because it is not just a few people. It is nearly everyone I know to be religious. True, it isn’t all but it is most. I used to have complete respect for them and their beliefs. Many bad experiences have taught me to feel otherwise.

EDIT: Yes, that’s right Phoenix. I didn’t really specify because it shouldn’t matter. I’m just another person with different beliefs. They should have respect for the beliefs of others, which is something I’ve rarely seen.

Flag Post

Oh, ok. But I would still argue the whole Christianity hates gays. I think that its Christians who hate homosexuals, because many people follow the Christianity set by years and years of corruption and lying. However, in my opinion, Christianity was never intended to condemn anyone. But, I purely agree with the statement that many Christians are blindfolded and too stubborn to take of the blindfold and see the world for what it really is.

And about the people who force their religion, I don’t agree with with the whole no respect for no respect thing. You are actively doing something harmful, while they think they are doing the right thing. I understand if you chose not to be nice, as redsnake, but being mean on purpose?

Flag Post

You do have a point. I am certainly not helping the situation. I used to try but in the past year or so I’ve completely given up. Some people I consider friends who are religious still show me no respect. When your friends insist that you’re going to burn in hell, eventually you get it into your head that you’ll never convince them to respect you.

Flag Post

Fair enough Rakuth.

> Gandhi: “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Flag Post

Hmm, me thinks I agree with Gandhi, I have sadly lost respect inner respect for the most popular religions, except for buddhism and sikhism, they all are nice and peaceful and I have never had anyone from one of those religions try to force beliefs on me. I do not go around yelling YOUR RELIGIONS ARE STUPID AND SO ARE YOU because that is untrue, sadly many religions are misrepresented by some followers who get things wrong and do things which just shame the good part of the religion.