Have you ever run away from home? How did it turn out?

58 posts

Flag Post

Please post your experiences here.

I’m going to have to say that I Have run away from home, and that it was very successful. I didn’t run away from home to escape abuse, because I was angry at my parents, or anything like that. I ran away simply because I wanted some adventure, though I realized it could be dangerous. I kept in contact with my parents, and left a note that said that I had my cell phone, and that they could call me whenever they wanted to, and if they wanted me to come home, I would. They called to chat, but never asked me to come home. I stayed this way for around a month.

I live in a suburb-ish type thing. I posted signs on the bulletin board advertising a babysitting service, and surprisingly, people called me. Since I was looking rather mature,I looked about 15, though I was only 12. I slept in a lean-to of an abandoned home. I used the shower and restroom of a nearby church, and used my babysitting money to support myself. Of course, I went to school during this time, and did my homework while babysitting. It wasn’t a bad life. I eventually came home, because it started getting too cold for me to sleep in that lean-to, plus I missed living with my parents. I did keep in contact with them, though, as I took my cell phone and the charger. (The neighbor’s fault for leaving an outlet on the outside of his garage.)

This wasn’t really a running-away, just more of a month-long-sleepover, I just never stayed at my house.

Flag Post

… a twelve year old living on the street for a month in America? I call bullshit. Sorry, you seem like a nice kid, but I’m going to have to argue that you’re embellishing quite a bit.

Flag Post

Um, keep in mind that I stayed in the entire town for the entire time, with contact with my parents, and slept about 5 miles from my house.

Flag Post

I’m going to have to say that I Have run away from home, and that it was very successful.

Becoming homeless can be successful?

I know classify you as odd.

Flag Post

I can ALMOST beleive a 12 year old living for a month on their own if they looked older (though a rape/mugging seems at least somewhat likely. :/), but living on their own WITH THEIR PARENTS CONSENT is what makes me call bull.

Flag Post

Yes it seems rather suspect, much like many stories of a girl I know D: called Tash

Flag Post

well, to be honest, I somewhat doubt it myself, but, there is nothing he could gain by simply lying to us like that, so, he might be embellishing, he might not be, I wouldn’t know, I’m not omniscient.

Flag Post

Exactly. And I’ll admit, it does sound unlikely, I know it happened and that’s all that counts. Just telling my tales.

And come on, someone else post! I’m sure someone else has THOUGHT of running away…

Flag Post

Walking away would be a better idea. You would just waste your energy.

Flag Post

I’m not sure why they call it running =/

Flag Post

I can ALMOST beleive a 12 year old living for a month on their own if they looked older (though a rape/mugging seems at least somewhat likely. :/), but living on their own WITH THEIR PARENTS CONSENT is what makes me call bull.

Agreed. No parent would ever let a kid do that.

Flag Post

Just like how no parent would keep his daughter in a celler for 24 years and have 7 kids to her, in the lovely place of Austria?

Flag Post

well you know what, i believe him wanan know why??? it would have given pink independence, and if he was in constant contact with his parents and took showers and went to school, well then, his parents would have let him. so i believe him.

Flag Post

I ran away for a hours, just to see what would happen. What happened is, I got thirsty and went home.

5 year old waking up in the middle of the night FTW

Flag Post

Lol! I bet your parents were scared to death, though.

Flag Post

You cynics! I believe Fuzzy. Call me gullible, but she just seems honest to me.

I’ve never really run away from home, but I have hidden in the house when I was mad, and no could find me.

Flag Post

Yikes. I tried that once, but then my mom said “Marco” and I said “Polo”, lol. Didn’t turn out.

Flag Post

LOLZORZMARCO” “POLO” “MARCO” “POLO” “HOT DIGGITY DAYM I FOUND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!”

Flag Post

i decided i wanted to when i was like 6
then i got hngry and came home for dinner i was only out for like 30 minutes

Flag Post

I ran away from home at 11 then came back cause I forgot my pillow. I was gone for 8 hours.

Flag Post

i ran away for like 1 minute i just walked down to the end of the road then realised it was dinner and we were having chins=ese takeaway so i went back. that was my great adventure

Flag Post

To me this is utter bullshit. No ‘Good’ parent, nay, even decent parent or even someone with basic common sense would ever let there child at the age of 12 be out on the streets (especailly in america) alone, even with cell phone contact. someone has to look at this logically and consider the posibilities, are you telling me, that no one school didnt notice?, or if no one there did, that the possibilities of some sick individual driving past would notice her and kidnap her?

I would like a parent to come on here and give there opinon…

Use common sense idiots.

Flag Post

Agreeing with many of the posts above me. Also, the person in the house you were living by didn’t notice?

I might have believed you Pink, but you’ve also claimed to have “seen God” or something similar. Maybe it was all a wonderful dream you had?

Flag Post

i belive pink, i dont know why but every thing she said had an explanation

i never have run away but once i was taking out the trash and got locked out of the house for 10/15 min

Flag Post

You locked yourself out of the house, lol.

And also, like I said, i did go to school.