Have you ever run away from home? How did it turn out? page 3

58 posts

Flag Post

I ended up running away from home after a very intense fight between my parents. I stayed at my friend’s house until I could finally compose myself to go home. It’s safe to say that her parents hate my parents now. It’s not everyday that the neighbor kid comes over in tears for a place to stay. I was going to stay the night (she’s an only child so the whole basement is essentially her room) but I had homework, and school comes first. I got back to the house at 11 pm, glad to know the worst was over. After a few days of silent homework and isolation in my room, everything was over.

On a lighter note, I got really mad at my mom when I was 8 and decided to run away. I packed a lunch and sat in the swingset in the backyard eating said lunch. I soon got bored and went back to the house. XD

Running away is a way to gain independence for some kids. I completely believe Pink because it’s certainly a way to learn to fend for yourself. There are a lot of kids now that get out of high school and panic because they don’t know what to do. Having an experience of living on your own supporting yourself would probably change that.

Flag Post

They MADE you? Wow. That’s almost cruel.

Why? I learned something. Learning doesn’t have to be ‘nice’ to be effective. Take our resident retard for example:

Yet the public buses are where hobos sleep. Only poor people ride buses.

Poor, homeless, disabled, young, old, retired, commuters, lunch-breakers, tourists, foreigners, and lazy people. You have a significant chance of becoming one of these things at some point in your life, so you might want to avoid stepping on your own toes. Well, you’re certainly not going to make it to a very old age if you use the mouth you have on the forums in public.

Flag Post

Well, this was just the simplest of cases. I didn’t have a house or a job to count on, and I could always go back home as a back-up plan. If I failed, I wouldn’t lose anything.

Plus, I did have some self-defense (I was about a month from being a blue belt in Tae Kwon Do)

Flag Post

Only blue? I am nearing red.

Flag Post

That means you win Killer.

Flag Post

I’m red, now. This was when I was 12.

Flag Post

Darn you! Cruelty to killer’s worldwide

Flag Post

This is what I mean by living in a bubble. We don’t let kids out of their yards because we’re afraid the evil kid-stealer who’s just waiting on you to turn your back might get them. Instead of being afraid of the world, why not teach them how to deal with it instead?

It’s a different story when someone’s old enough to actually fight for themselves. People about 10 years old couldn’t even put up a fight to an adult, while someone in their teens could. My parents don’t really care about me going places, and driving really changes a ton (you can learn to live on “your own” for 2-3 years before you get into college. I mean doing basic things like working, buying things, and finding your way home.) I mean to say all this to point out that teaching a 15 year old how to get home and letting an eleven year old roam the streets for a month are two totally different things.