The most IMPORTANT event of the 20th Century was

23 posts

Flag Post

The assassination of the Austrian Archduke in Serejevo by the Serbian separatist in 1914.

1) Trigger WWI
2) WWII was just an extention of WWI where Germany was trying to settle the score with the Allies
3) After WWII, end of colonism and the begining of the end of the segregration but equal status quote in the US (desegration of the US Army, Jackie Robinson, Brown vs. Board of Education…..Martin Luther King, Barrack Obama)

Flag Post

No. The most inportant event of the 20th century was when computers were invented. What a monstrousity!

Flag Post

The invention of air conditioning :)

Actually the development of modern fertilizers is probably one of the more important things worldwide, although it wasn’t just one event, it was several events in close succession at the end of WWI.

The segregation stuff in the US is pretty low on the list of important events of the 20th century, unless you happen to be black, then it is one of the most important. When an event only directly affects 12% of one country it is hard to make it the most important event of the century.

Flag Post

I would say that the intervention of the US in World War 1 rather than the war itself. This is what broke the stalemate. Had we not interveined, the world would be a much different and dare I say better place.

Flag Post

I thought this was relevant, though it’s also pretty silly when you see #1.

http://www.time.com/time/time100/t100events.html

Flag Post

lord azaral, may I ask what you mean when you said the world would be a better place if we hadn’t intervened? Also, it was the Japanese who made us intervene (something I like to call, pearl harbor)

Flag Post

lord azaral, may I ask what you mean when you said the world would be a better place if we hadn’t intervened? Also, it was the Japanese who made us intervene (something I like to call, pearl harbor)

Pearl Harbour was in World War II.

Although I don’t think the US intervention (although it was late, as usual :p) made things worse. It helped end it. We could have had a Cold War situation, but considering we were already at war, we would have fought anyways.

It may have let the Germans win though. There would be no Hitler but then I’d be talking to you in German right now.

And to Phoenix, Elvis? Out of the entire 20th century they picked Elvis? I really think people should be taught a lot more History sometimes.

Flag Post

The invention of the computer/internet.

If it wasn’t invented, we would have to go… Outside!

Flag Post

The most important event of the 20th century was the invasion of Poland in 1939, causing World War II, and to a lesser extent, the Korean and Cold War.

Flag Post

sorry azaral, didn’t see you said 1, thought you meant 2, sorry.

Flag Post

The invention of the computer/internet. If it wasn’t invented, we would have to go… Outside!

What is this “outside” of which you speak?

Flag Post

2 tin cans attach by a string

Flag Post

The Manhattan Project gets my vote as at least one of the most important events of the century.

Flag Post

The events that pulled us into world war one and two are horribly false. Historians commit an omission of truth on how much Wilson/Roosevelt did to bait and antagonize Germany/Japan into attacking us first. Same thing goes with just about every president that had been in office at the start of every war we have fought except for the Revolution and the War of 1812.

Wilson and Roosevelt were both trying to do as much as possible to get Germany/Japan to fire the first shot because they were essentially salviating to get into the war.

Some articles on the matter: http://www.lewrockwell.com/gordon/gordon42.html http://www.lewrockwell.com/higgs/higgs77.html http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north26.html http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig3/dwyer3.html http://www.lewrockwell.com/stromberg/stromberg18.html

Flag Post

That’s because the Revolution and the War of 1812 are the only wars to have been fought on our own ground (minus the civil war, but that was against ourselves so did we really antagnozie ourselves to attack us first?)

Flag Post

minus the civil war, but that was against ourselves so did we really antagnozie ourselves to attack us first?)

The civil war is a misnomer. It was not a war between members of the same nation, it was a war between two separate nations, The United States of America and the Confederate States of America. Most people who are do not rely on the teachings of the government school call it the War of Northern Agression. And yes, Lincoln antagonized the Confederates into an attack by claiming he was still going to collect duties and imposts at harbors what were now in Confederate hands. This would be the same as if we went to Canada and told them we were going to collect taxes on shipments arriving at their ports.

Flag Post

Bill Gates

Flag Post

Bill Gates

Another good event yes.

Flag Post

Nuclear Power

Flag Post

The most important event in the 20th century? The invention of the assembly line.

Most people who are do not rely on the teachings of the government school call it the War of Northern Agression.

No, no they don’t. Cranky old southerners call it that.

It was not a war between members of the same nation, it was a war between two separate nations, The United States of America and the Confederate States of America.

Uh…no? You can’t just declare that you’re no longer part of a country. If we could we’d have thousands of Stevelands and Dorisburgs dotting North America. I know that sounds like paradise to you, but that’s not how it works.

Flag Post

Uh…no? You can’t just declare that you’re no longer part of a country. If we could we’d have thousands of Stevelands and Dorisburgs dotting North America. I know that sounds like paradise to you, but that’s not how it works.

Actually, read the Constitution. The states CAN leave the union at anytime they choose.

Amendment Ten: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

The power to leave is never denied the states in any part of the Constitution, therefore they have the power to leave the union should they desire. Thomas Jefferson declared such in the ratification documents of Virginia and this was a major point for many of the founders.

And THAT is why Lincoln is the worst president. He ended federalism and the greatest check of power against the federal government, which was the states.

Flag Post

Montana has threatened to ignore federal law recently and so has another state but I forget which one. I found this article amusing link

If Montana were to secede from the union to become its own sovereign nation (and don’t push us, man, we’ll do it), we would instantly become the world’s fourth-largest (known) nuclear power. Innocuous white concrete bunkers sprouted in fields and valleys across 23,000 acres of central Montana contain some 200 Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missiles equipped with nuclear warheads and watched over by 55 “missileers” of the Air Force’s 341st Space Wing. Don’t mess with Texas? We’ve got three words for the Lone Star State: Bring. It. On.

Flag Post

Montana has threatened to ignore federal law recently and so has another state but I forget which one. I found this article amusing link

And they recently found Montana has one of the largest reserves of oil in the world, bigger than Alaska even, though it is shale oil which is more expensive to harvest.