Deadliest fighting force. page 5

115 posts

Flag Post

Nathan; the only way to one-up an omnipotent being is with another… And this leads to an infinite loop…

Flag Post

Those guy’s from Firefly, the “two by two, hands of blue” ones

Flag Post

I know its five pages ago, but just a note to the guy who said only 2 spartans (Halo) ever died.

“Spartans don’t die, George. They’re just missin’ in action.”

“HQ, we’ve found him, but he’s still missin’ in action.”

Flag Post

To get back on topic I would easily say the Russians. They have shown videos on how they train and it looks brutal!

Flag Post
Originally posted by SanAntonioSpurs:

To get back on topic I would easily say the Russians. They have shown videos on how they train and it looks brutal!

The entire russian army? What part of it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by zope50:
Originally posted by SanAntonioSpurs:

The entire russian army? What part of it?

The elite ones, obviously, if he was referring to a specific part.

Flag Post

All in all, the Russian army was pretty deadly due to sheer size.

Flag Post

Depends what time period in my eyes. In terms of ancient warfare, the Romans. The conquered so large of a territory that the Roman empire was about as big as Australia, roughly. In terms of the beginnings of gun powder, DEFINATELY the Prussian army. The skill, discipline, and leadership of the Prussian army was without equal. WW1 was the Germans also. Look at how many Germans soldiers died compared to the amount of Allies that died. In WW2, again the Germans. They may have lost both World Wars, but both times, the inflicted casualties amoung the Allies FAR higher than they suffered. From WW2-Now, the American army. We may not have the best training (that would be the Brits, than the French, than US), but we have FAR better technology than anyone else, and some of the best officers.

Flag Post

Israel.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NathanRomml:

The Imperial Guard!

Flag Post

Maby in video games.

Flag Post

The deadliest fighting group is the most cornered fighting group with the most belief in their cause.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FuturisticWeapon:

The deadliest fighting group is the most cornered fighting group with the most belief in their cause.

Only if their opponent has scruples and morals. They’re only “deadly” because they use tactics that rely on the enemy not being extreme in their tactics.

Some extremist guerrilla group doesn’t stand a chance against an enemy that’s willing to level entire cities and commit genocide.

Flag Post

SEALs or KSK.

Flag Post

In terms of special forces training round the world, I’m sure they’re all as rigorous and brutal as one another give or take. But experience counts, and over the years the SAS have fought in many different conflicts and environments against different enemies (WW2, IRA, anti terror ops against Iranians, Yugoslavia, Sierra Leone, Iraq/Afghanistan etc etc). That and the fact that Captain Price is a badman.