Death or Survival

19 posts

Flag Post

Hi. I’m from the Philippines, where rice is a very important dish. We serve it with most viands. But, however, some of us can’t even afford rice. It’s because it goes up to 40 pesos per kilo. That’s equivalent to almost one dollar. This just so represents God’s way of communicating. He wants us, His creations to live. But what have we done with the world given to us? We wasted it, trashed it, and almost destroyed it. But we have solved serious problems. We have the highest rank among all species. And we can solve this problem, too. Earth, or “Dying Planet”, to be called in the future (or maybe even “Dead Planet”) is almost dead. We have destroyed it. It’s our fault. I’m no nature lover, in fact I litter sometimes. We can save Earth. What have we done? We polluted it because we’re too lazy and too greedy. We want money fast. And so, this is the result. If you want to spam this thread, fine. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. What’s important is that this has made a difference. I’m not after popularity, I’m after survival. It’s our choice. Either to live or die. We are too lazy just to walk to the trash can. We choose to gossip with ourselves. And so, you forgot to throw it in the trash can. Yes, we picked luxury and comfort than life. But God never meant this to happen. We can save ourselves. I will ignore spammers, and continue this topic. You can start by helping the community. We have to achieve unity, peace, and other important values to do this. And at this very moment, you can start by cleaning the streets, planting trees, and helping others. Once Earth is overpopulated, we will eventually have to move to mars. Then Venus. Then Mercury. But while we’re here, let’s try to make this a planet and not a lifeless chunk of rock. I hope this will make a difference, though not big. Best Wishes and Good Luck, PX173.

Flag Post

The amount of people willing to actually do this, is nothing in comparison to the amount of damage done by people to the earth. though this was a good try, and a great way to look at our future, truth is it is pretty bleak and if we dont kill everyone through war or blow ourselves up then the sun will fix us all with its death (supernova explosion wiping the surface clean) there is also talk of an asteriod (under certian circumstances, varibles of calculating and space travel), that may hit earth in 2036.

i think the planet will be unlivable (not for hundreds of years, but it will), and the only hope is that we work out another planet to move too, and transport, and that we learn from our mistakes and dont fuck it up aswell.

Flag Post

“We choose to gossip with ourselves.”

im not sure what gossip has to do with pollution, but maybe you should spend less time playing flash games if you’re so concerned about the outside world and “putting it in a garbage can”.

(simply putting it in the proper waste receptacle does NOT really solve the trash problem completely btw)

Flag Post

we arent going to save the world we’ll trash it then go to another and trash it and so on

Flag Post

There is a problem with your choices, live or die. One huge problem that is killing the planet is overpopulation, no matter how much we try to help, there will always be food shortages somewhere, so if we choose to live, we die.

Flag Post

It’s because it goes up to 40 pesos per kilo. That’s equivalent to almost one dollar.

$5 per 10 pounds? The 10 pound bag of rice I bought just yesterday (at a discount, ethnic market) cost $7 here in America too.

The amount of people willing to actually do this, is nothing in comparison to the amount of damage done by people to the earth.

Become a good person then… 1 person at a time we can change our situation…

One huge problem that is killing the planet is overpopulation, no matter how much we try to help, there will always be food shortages somewhere, so if we choose to live, we die.

We aren’t exactly out of room… As a whole we could easily feed the planet, live without 90% of the current levels of pollution, and be completely peaceful. Everyone needs to spread the truth and reject harmful government elements though and this is not an easy struggle.

Flag Post

“Become a good person then… 1 person at a time we can change our situation…”

Im not saying im not a good person, i strongly beleive we should try, but im telling you the amount of idiots out there that are totally dependant on products that cause polution and other various things is extremly vast, there is just simply too many and they wont change. and what i ment was, the AMOUNT of damage that has already been done cannot be reversed, it is just a matter of time.

Flag Post

As a whole we could easily feed the planet, live without 90% of the current levels of pollution, and be completely peaceful.

We have the supplies, yes, but we don’t have the means to actually get the food to the remote places that need it.

It’s because it goes up to 40 pesos per kilo. That’s equivalent to almost one dollar.

80 cents is a pretty good price for two pounds of rice.

Flag Post

We have the supplies, yes, but we don’t have the means to actually get the food to the remote places that need it.

Wrong. Sorry but we can send a Mars lander but poor people in remote areas of earth have to starve?

Im not saying im not a good person, i strongly beleive we should try, but im telling you the amount of idiots out there that are totally dependant on products that cause polution and other various things is extremly vast, there is just simply too many and they wont change. and what i ment was, the AMOUNT of damage that has already been done cannot be reversed, it is just a matter of time.

Yeah, we are in a bit of a bind. I am not opposed to going to war against these people. They refuse to recognize the facts of our global situation.

Flag Post

Wrong. Sorry but we can send a Mars lander but poor people in remote areas of earth have to starve?

It costs billions of dollars to send a mars rover. I didn’t say it was impossible, but it would cost billions, even trillions of dollars to do it. It isn’t a one time thing, either. You would have to constantly send food to them, unless they found a way to make their own.

Flag Post

You might want to erm, look at factual information and correct your statements… ahem…

Humans could easily make adequate nutrition available to 99% of the Earth’s population but government makes it difficult…

Flag Post

We could definitely get it there, but it would cost a lot of money. We don’t have the money to supply 30% of the world with food.

Flag Post

You are patently, that means 100%’ly wrong

If the world is allocating their resources towards war or extraterrestrial research, they are misguided. Your government lies to you and spreads the idea that world starvation is incurable…

Flag Post

Ummm… sure, whatever. I don’t see this discussion going anywhere, so I’ll end it.

Flag Post

It would be more classy to just admit you are wrong but okay. =)

We can solve starvation and other real world problems but certain people oppose it to maintain power.

Flag Post

How would opposing world peace and a solution to world hunger keep you in power? I mean, that only increases your chances of not getting elected through vote, or your chances of getting overthrown.

Flag Post

take a look at what world leaders actually do? Are you saying that Bush and others actually work to combat starvation? please.

Flag Post

The question is “What have we become? What will we be in the future?” And the answer is monsters. Planet-destroying monsters. And the second one? Nothing. Nothing if we don’t act immediately. So if you have the will, you could e-mail the world leaders (yes technology is better than a letter) telling them if they want to die or live. Their decision finalizes everything. If they say “No” then we’d better start researching on subspace drives, combustion engines, fusion reactors(to power up the vessels, duh) etc. No, THIS IS NOT A JOKE.EDIT: Did I forget to tell you to donate to the (place where you donate stuff for pollution). Our classroom in school is enough noise pollution already.

Flag Post

Then Venus. Then Mercury.

No we won’t, too hot.

This just so represents God’s way of communicating

If he can change the price of rice he can stop global warming.

But God never meant this to happen.

You talk to him, he replies? What did he want? If he was so great he wouldn’t have let this happen. Is he so naive he never thought we would destroy the world?

You can start by helping the community. We have to achieve unity, peace, and other important values to do this. And at this very moment, you can start by cleaning the streets, planting trees, and helping others.

Why, we’re going to be blown up in the next 100 years by nuclear war, try cleaning there street.

Once Earth is overpopulated, we will eventually have to move to mars.

Or if we can’t we can pick a race from a hat and kill all the members.

Bet you the dinosaurs didn’t moan about this, they were a dominant race.

Earth, or “Dying Planet”, to be called in the future (or maybe even “Dead Planet”) is almost dead.

No we will be dead, the Earth is not in the slighest bit bothered by what we do to it. If we “kill” it, in a couple of million years there will be another dominant race, who will repeat this process. The Earth will be fine until

a) Someone makes a bomb big enough to blow it to bits

b) In billions of years time the sun will engulf it

c) Aliens destroy it

d) A giant metorite destroys it

The Earth is not dying, we will be, and most of us don’t care if we die or not, there will still be pockets of humans alive when the sea levels have rose to cover 60% of all land. Also sea life will flourish.

Soon the eco-system will have recovered from humans, as we will then have stopped polluting, because we will be dead!

Earth is not dying and it never will, it will just die, in any situation.

If you want to save all animals, trees, plants, the climate and the polar ice caps, kill all humans.

Also even if the ice caps melt, in a 1,000 – 1,000,000 years the earths magnetic field will readujst;

Hawaii could be the new South Pole, Canada and Alaska could be in Africa, all of this if we survive till then will cause water to rush everywhere over the Earth killing us all.