What would you do in the event of a massive volcanic eruption?

18 posts

Flag Post

Like, say Yosemite National Park exploded, since it’s one giant volcano. Fallout will occur for months, and it’s soffocating to be out in the open air. It collapses rooftops and buries houses. It blocks out the sun, causing crops to fail worldwide and mass extinction to slowly occur.

What would you do?

Flag Post

I know this is a stupid answer, but, die.EDIT: that’s aimed at what I would do, not saying I want you to die, I don’t really want to die, but, if it’s my time, it’s my time.

Flag Post

Move into my concrete home underground with its own farmland (the ceiling and walls are concrete but the floor is not, and their is lots of sun mimicing lights). And some trees for oxygen, and water for plankton, and drinking water, and I would spend all my time taking to the survivors.

Flag Post

Probably make the most of it, do a load of stuff id never normally do, like steal a car and rob a gun and just go nuts.

Flag Post

^ That is why I hate humanity.

I have no idea what I would do…

Flag Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB3wZVFXPwY

I suggest you take a look at this trailer and buy the BBC/Discovery Channel production “Super Volcano”.

Flag Post

That’s where I got the topic, by the way.

And, RM, where would you get electricity for those lights? Wheree would you buy batteries? Where would you get water for the lake?

Flag Post

I’d go hide in my underground volcano protection shelter, which I built just for this occasion.

Flag Post

Probably, live with it until the dust falls.

Flag Post

As soon as I got the warning, I’d quickly take a flight/car to a different district/town/city/state/country/etc. and then continue my life on there.

Flag Post

Yosemite is HUGE. So you might wanna go as far from the blast as you can.

Me? Hide? Yes, I would…

Few days note before eruption, I get gasmask.

Second, buy a box of batteries(ask for 100)

Third, buy lamps.

Fourth, get a shovel.

Fifth,get a jackhammer.

Sixth, get rid of my concrete floored basement…

Seventh, dig a small hole in the earth.

Eighth, I would drive to the sea,ride out a little, and pick up some plankton.

Ninth, I go to store and buy:Water(drinkable),lots of beans and other stuff, maybe a mini-oven thingamabobber, bread dishes, and all that other good stuff.

Tenth,I make Ezekiel Bread(read the Bible) for the day of the blast.

Eleventh, I go into basemnt at 5 min b4 the blast… with a laptop.

Twelve: Sit through the blast in the basement WITH my laptop on this site.

Thirteenth: I put on a coat, gas mask and buy supplies I need when I have to.

Repeat 12 and 13.

Flag Post

And, RM, where would you get electricity for those lights? Wheree would you buy batteries? Where would you get water for the lake?

I would have built this before the volcano eruption, and if it didn’t happen in ym lifetime I would pass it to my children if I had any.

I would have a large stock pile already in the shelter. Their are many under ground lakes, however if I couldn’t find one of much use, I would build my own, layer the sides with concrete and plant a tube from this lake to another large lake nearby. The water coming through the tube would be clean, as the water in the tube would first go through a cleaning process before leaving the tube. This water could be turned on and off at will as the water drainined into the tightly compacted soil and rock mix which would be the ground at that sort of depth.

Electricity

Having two wind turbines at ground level near my shelter, the tube having some small water harnessing machines inside it at specified points. Also I would have hacked into the national grid, so I would store power until the grid went down.

Flag Post

Stand on a box? Climb a tall structure? Go sailing? Eruptions have only ever been a problem if they’re ash, and in the case of an unexpected ash volcano: I would find the coolest pose to be ashified in.

Flag Post

Go for a drive.

Flag Post

Stand on a box? Climb a tall structure? Go sailing? Eruptions have only ever been a problem if they’re ash, and in the case of an unexpected ash volcano: I would find the coolest pose to be ashified in.

Lol! Oh, I know what I’d do, I’d read a book about volcanoes, and be ashified while reading that XD

Flag Post

I would pull Fuzzy into my shelter and all my other freinds…

RMcD: Are you gonna make a layout of your shelter?

Flag Post

The history channel is full of Crap.
I would just run into the blast and see how far I’ll fly!

Flag Post

I would stick my head between my legs and attempt to kiss my butt goodbye.