do mods have to much power?? (locked)

30 posts

Flag Post

what made me post this was reading a thread on is a mod allowed to make fun of u. they shouldnt be aloud to make fun of you. or tease you in anyway thats not right for a mod. mods are supposed to be super responsible and such. you can always trust them……can you?? mods should not just be able to ban you right of the back either. there should be a vote. like a fair trial. just like the justice system in America. it shouldn’t just be the mods who decide. the other people should also be aloud to decide…heck why not? what if you were banned for a reason unfair but the mod just banned u end of discussion? now i dont think that would happen if we let the people decide….think about it

Flag Post

Don’t start stupid topics like this. There are already one too many about mods in serious discussion.

Flag Post

Why shouldn’t mods be allowed to call you out if you’re being a jerk or making unsupported statements?

As long as mods are responsible with their banhammers and editclubs, I don’t see why they shouldn’t be allowed to behave like a normal member of the community.

Flag Post

Kongregate isn’t a democracy. There is no bill of rights. Mods are here to make the community more fun for the whole site, and thus make the owners more profitable. Sorry, but that doesn’t include “fair trials” and “niceness.” If you’re trolling, and ruining the site, you’re gone. Period. Your defense is e-mailing Greg and telling him I’m doing a bad job at making his site fun. He’ll read the chatlogs and agree or disagree with you. That’s about as far as you can expect out of a private business’ videogame website.

Flag Post

Well in your case banning you is more than fair.

Flag Post

hmm yea i agree with ac

Flag Post

arcaneCoder is my hero. He’s like Flash Gordon, but sexy and modernized.

Flag Post

Hey arcane did you ban smaby?

Flag Post

Hey arcane did you ban smaby?

smaby, please learn to use whispers, instead of spamming the forums. You’re only breaking more rules.

arcaneCoder is my hero. He’s like Flash Gordon, but sexy and modernized.

Too sexy, some say.

Flag Post

can u please tell me how to use a whisper?

Flag Post

/w (message)

aC, can you delete all of this garbage, not just lock please?

Flag Post

can some one make a forum showing me how to whisper please

Flag Post

You whisper through a persons profile, at the bottom.

However, this is not the thread to discuss this in. Please post somewhere else.

Flag Post

k im sorry arcane

Flag Post

arcaneCoder, will you be my internet boyfriend? I mean, officially, not just at parties?

Flag Post

arcane plz check your whispers

Flag Post

mobs (especially the huge organized ones) can be hugely powerful but very difficult to control. and if their leader gets killed, it can turn into a power vacuum and implode on itself.

Flag Post

Um, it’s moDs not moBs. And mods may have a little less power than I think they should ;)

Flag Post

Smaby…you REALLY aren’t helping yourself right now.

Anyways, no i don’t think mods have too much power. They do have a little bit more power than the average player, and thats why they are hand picked by Greg so they won’t abuse their power. If mods do go crazy with power admins can take away their mod-ship.

Flag Post

sparkey i swear i have seen you in every forum in every topic is this your favorite hobbies

Flag Post

Is this another Smaby-alt??

And it is something to do when i am sick and don’t feel like going anywhere.

Flag Post

I only have one alt and thats Lecavalierfan.

Flag Post

Then I will explain it to you better. My, only, two, accounts, are, Smaby, and, Lecavalierfan.

Flag Post

no i am skullz98’S litle brother

Flag Post

yo smaby if we could vote if some one is to get banned or not u wouldnt have gotten banned im sorry about that whole incident. and did you check your whispers?