have you experienced good or bad karma?

19 posts

Flag Post

is karma real or fake?? because just recently i did something i am not proud of on kongregate. and then the day afterwards i got a 400$ cell phone bill. was this bad karma or was this just a coincidence?? well if you think karma is real list an example of good or bad karma that happened to u

Flag Post

and then the day afterwards i got a 400$ cell phone bill. was this bad karma or was this just a coincidence??

I’m pretty sure that isn’t karma, but rather a direct result of the amount of time you talked/number of txts you sent on your phone.

Flag Post

it is odd, why am I punished for hitting people who deserve. I should get good karma dag-nammit, they scream in my ear and try to take my books, luckily I have roughly strength in arm as an average wristwatch or I would have ended up hurting someone rather than merely bringing about a show in amateur dramatics. I do not think karma exists, I think people react to what you do and what people have done to them.

Flag Post

This is yet another example of perceived pattern recognition. Humans are very good at finding patterns when they want to. I think Navarre had a nice technical term for this. Just like all other superstitions, there’s nothing to it.

Flag Post

The thing is that people always notice the littlest coincidences but in fact there are trillions of non-coincidences happened all the time, we just don’t notice because they are normal. So yes things happen that are freaky that way, but it in no way proves anything.

Flag Post

are you so sure about that. my dad gave a little girl at pappas pizza a dollar because she really wanted to play an arcade game. which was very nice. and it turns out that the little girl the daughter of his boss and he got rewarded at work a day later. and another my dad was helping out a trucker by doing his best at his job and not starting arguments and the trucker the next day gave him 25 dollars

Flag Post

Yes, I am sure about it. As Rakuth pointed out, for every story that you have like that, there are, well, infinite stories that go against karma. You look for coincidences and you find them. If you were to think of everything that happened every day that didn’t show karma, you’d come up with a much much much longer list. It’s false pattern recognition, nothing more, nothing less.

Flag Post

Yesterday I held open a door for an old lady and then missed my bus :(

Flag Post

You deserve it unpro, thats what happens when you hate dogs.

Flag Post

I was driving to my drivers test and a girl driving across from me failed because she didn’t stop for me (I had the right away). It’s a really dumb mistake and I go and take the test and make almost the exact same mistake and fail because of it. I never did that before. Now that’s a good case of bad karma.

Flag Post

How is that bad karma? It wasn’t your fault the girl failed the test.

smaby, I was being sarcastic in the other thread. Kind of surprised you couldn’t tell.

Flag Post

I don’t think that karma exists – merely coincidence.

Flag Post

I don’t think that karma exists – merely coincidence.

Flag Post

karmasutra?

Flag Post

Unproductive, If my car wasn’t there, she would have been fine. It really wasn’t my fault but it did set up my failure in the end.

Yeah, truly, karma doesn’t exist. Coincidences do however.

Flag Post

yea well then what about with like religious karma. like you are good and honest to all and then god rewards you?

Flag Post

well ur looking at it from a hindu perspective karma has other names like muslums dosnt allah reward them with like 70 virgins or somthing if they give theyre life up for allah christanity God will reward us for being kind

Flag Post

if karma is real how come good thinks happen to me when i’m sneaky? theres no spiritual force, you don’t even have to really be that great a person. it’s just common sense that people will like you if you’re not a prick to them, and if they like you chances are higher that they’ll go out of their way to help you if you need it.

Flag Post

I don’t believe in it, I believe in fate and rewards/punishments, I have all sorts of cases like that, but, I really don’t want to type them all out :)