2nd Holocaust Possible? page 2

40 posts

Flag Post

I’m fairly certain I’m not.. Although I may have some things mixed up ofcourse. Maybe I should watch History of Britain again.. Then I could be sure about what I’m saying.

Flag Post

Oh I think I’ve found what you were talking about

http://www.icons.org.uk/theicons/icons-timeline/1000-1500

18 Jul 1290: Jewish Community banished: Edward I passes a law expelling England’s population of 3,000 Jews. This is accompanied by pogroms and confiscation of books and property.

Flag Post

Thank you for finding it for me. Now I don’t have to watch that horrible show again to try to back up my claims. :)

Flag Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edict_of_Expulsion

I wouldn’t really call it a holocaust though. It was definitely a racist and repressive act, preceded by years of maltreatment, but it wasn’t a concerted attempt at genocide.

Flag Post

Hmm, well my English teacher thought so, she kept hammering on the fact that that was the first holocaust. I think I may have been brainwashed…

Flag Post

What about the Aztecs? Killing 20,000 a year from rival tribes seems like a holocaust to me.

Flag Post

I think that a holocaust has to have the distinct intention to wipe out a race. Otherwise, you could consider war as a holocaust.

Flag Post

Holocausts will continue happening throughout time, eventually the religions will begin slaughtering each other.

Note – I use eventually, because this may not happen for some time.

Flag Post

Darfour

Flag Post

Rwanda, but I don’t know if those wars in Africa count as a holocaust.

Flag Post

yes we could have a second holocaust, 1. because people generally dont get along very well. 2. if it happened once it will almost certainly happen again. 3. “Because of the UN’s stance on genocide, there is no possibility of another Holocaust.” sorry the u.n. is a joke, there power is only in theory, so if some evil dicator wants to war with or nuke somone, they cant really stop him. 4. taking a look at china’s recent actions i would say they are the most likley canidate for the whole evil dictator guy that causes the holocaust. so that increases the chances fairly well.

Flag Post

There have probably been over 100 holocausts since the begining of human conflict. Stopping them has been the hard part.

Flag Post

the world is a bloodthirsty place.

Flag Post

Last I checked, there was something called the “Ukrainian Holocaust”. I’m pretty sure it happened a short while after WWII, or just before it.

Flag Post

I really don’t think a second holcaust is as likely, at least without lots of foreknowledge, considering all the countries spying on each other’s weapons. However if a holocaust was to start, it would be far more devastating than anything seen before.