Money

42 posts

Flag Post

So, in this life all i do is sit around doing nothing..

i have asked this question on other forums and got the least serious answer possible “go get a job hippy!!”

anyways.. I have a tendancy to sit around infront of my computer all day (sometimes for days at a time) and because of this I am pretty broke.

anyways.. I have a tendancy to sit around infront of my computer all day (sometimes for days at a time) and because of this I am pretty broke.i am wondering if there are better places i can waste my time (other than this wonderful place :D) but make money off of it.

anyways.. I have a tendancy to sit around infront of my computer all day (sometimes for days at a time) and because of this I am pretty broke.i am wondering if there are better places i can waste my time (other than this wonderful place :D) but make money off of it.In the past I have signed up for a few of those scam forums that say “post for money!!” and never followed through because of how shady it seemed.

anyways.. I have a tendancy to sit around infront of my computer all day (sometimes for days at a time) and because of this I am pretty broke.i am wondering if there are better places i can waste my time (other than this wonderful place :D) but make money off of it.In the past I have signed up for a few of those scam forums that say “post for money!!” and never followed through because of how shady it seemed.Anyways, would anybody know a way for somebody who sits infront of his computer all day to make money?

anyways.. I have a tendancy to sit around infront of my computer all day (sometimes for days at a time) and because of this I am pretty broke.i am wondering if there are better places i can waste my time (other than this wonderful place :D) but make money off of it.In the past I have signed up for a few of those scam forums that say “post for money!!” and never followed through because of how shady it seemed.Anyways, would anybody know a way for somebody who sits infront of his computer all day to make money?Please respond maturely. If you think i should have posted this in a different part of the forum, just tell me.

anyways.. I have a tendancy to sit around infront of my computer all day (sometimes for days at a time) and because of this I am pretty broke.i am wondering if there are better places i can waste my time (other than this wonderful place :D) but make money off of it.In the past I have signed up for a few of those scam forums that say “post for money!!” and never followed through because of how shady it seemed.Anyways, would anybody know a way for somebody who sits infront of his computer all day to make money?Please respond maturely. If you think i should have posted this in a different part of the forum, just tell me...but again this is a serious question

Flag Post

If there was an easy way to make money by sitting on the computer, without getting a job, everyone would do it.

If you aren’t looking to make a steady income, you could always try selling some of your stuff that you don’t need on eBay.

If you do want a steady income, you could always find a job online. That way, you could make money and still be at the computer.

Flag Post

So… you want to sit around doing nothing… and get paid for it?

Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of doing nothing?

I gotta say, get a job.

Flag Post

Well, you’re on a gaming site. The obvious answer would be to make flash games. Web design or freelance programming are possibilities too. All of that stuff is work though, not just sitting around.

If you want something that’s not work, I can honestly only think of one thing. There’s a gaming site called Moola that I play on. They give you money from their ad revenue and you gamble it, trying to earn lots. You can cash out anything over $10. Some people make a few grand a month on this. It takes time, determination, and luck. It’s still in beta and requires an invitation to join. I’ll leave my auto-invite link here for you, if you’re interested.

Moola

That’s really the only thing I can think of that isn’t a job. It’s actually quite fun. Good luck, if you choose to try.

Flag Post

Goodness, I don’t think he’ll do that.

That would require doing something!

Flag Post

pink fuzzy bunny.. seriously

if you dont have anything helpful to say, dont say anything.

anyways, thank you mastry and bigcheese.

Bigcheese: can you specify what you mean by a “job online”? and i have thought about the ebay idea.. My problem is im too much of a pack rat, i cant get rid of anything :\

Mastry: thank you for the invite, I am going to look into it. This is exactly what i was looking for. I know there are hundreds of site out there like this, its just a matter of asking around :D

again thanks, and if anybody else has more suggestions, they will be greatly appreciated.

Flag Post

Of course, nickit. I hope it’s what you’re looking for. Best of luck to you, as well. Anyone, feel free to grab an invite. I have near a hundred.

If you find any more fun sites like that, be sure to let me know.

Flag Post

ok, thanks again..

i shall let you know if i find more.

Flag Post

i know there are some sites out there where you take surveys to get points and then you can use those points to get free stuff. i don’t know what they are specifically, but i know they’re out there. i guess that wasn’t that helpful then, was it.

Flag Post

its alot better than alot of responses i got on other forums.

Flag Post

Chacha.com

You can become a “guide” for about a pay of $5 an hour I read somewhere, and eventually get that up to 10$ an hour if you solve enough searches successfully, it basically helps people with interactive searches… I hope that helps.

Flag Post

no offense nickit, but saying that you want to do the least possible, preferably nothing, and getting paid for it is just asking for responses of the kind that PFB gave you.

Some jobs can be a pretty fun place to waste your time too, and you can get paid to hang around to boot.
I had this job were I sat in a building for a few hours, reading books and got paid.
Basicly my responsibility was to be on time, unlock the doors. Let people into the rooms the’ve rented.
Then take a stroll around to check that none sticked around, lock it up, and go home.

Such a job allows you to watch movies/tv-episodes on your laptop, or play games, read book, etc.

One can never got something from nothing, so if you are tired of beeing broke there really is only one solution.
Do something about it. Play online poker, do a scam, get a job, etc. There are many possibilites.

In order to give you some serious suggestions to jobs you could do sitting on your arse in front of the computer all day, I’d need to know about your qualifications. If you are good at web-deisgn, you could make a living doing that. If you are good at poker, online poker could end up earning you some money.

Flag Post

I’m not sure why you would want to get into that kind of living – the no-exercise, no-work, no-interaction kind of job. But if you really want to get an online job (not even a job, doens’t sound like you’re too interested in that, just some cash) I’d suggest writing a novel and publishing it online, doing some online surveys (some pay you good money and aren’t scams) or whatever you wanna do pretty much.

Flag Post

I’m not sure why you would want to get into that kind of living – the no-exercise, no-work, no-interaction kind of job.

Maybe you should consider that some people like that sort of thing.

Flag Post

>Play online poker

This. It is very good to make money if you put in the time to study and have a little cash to start out with. You may fail at first and blow through hundreds of dollars while you are learning, but it is a reasonably exciting career. best poker forums

Also, get off your ass you lazy bum. Yes, I think that is mature and constructive advice. D=

Flag Post

Also, get off your ass you lazy bum.

The ultimate answer for this topic. I know you’re looking for mature, serious answers, but, I mean, really.

Flag Post

i know there are some sites out there where you take surveys to get points and then you can use those points to get free stuff. i don’t know what they are specifically, but i know they’re out there. i guess that wasn’t that helpful then, was it.

Prize Rebel. Use it. I have got 2 prizes from it. A $15 iTunes card, and a ‘Custom Order’ book from Ebay.

Flag Post

In all seriousness, you can’t live that way. At least not benefiting to society, and I don’t believe that you should be paid if you don’t. If you don’t do anything, in my opinion, you are stealing food from the hard-working people who made it, and are getting something for nothing, which should not be so.

Get a job. Seriously.

Flag Post

So… you want to sit around doing nothing… and get paid for it?

Uh,Focus groups?

Flag Post

can you specify what you mean by a “job online”? and i have thought about the ebay idea.. My problem is im too much of a pack rat, i cant get rid of anything :\

If you could find a job as a web site designer, or something like that, you could work from home, and upload updates when you need to. This would probably require a little knowledge of HTML, but that’s not too bad.

Flag Post

Pizza doesn’t deliver itself.

Flag Post

It really depends on your skills, willingness to work, and tolerance of risk.

Poker is risky, but through careful study of the math it is possible to earn money from normal players.
You can find numerous survey websites that give you small change in exchange for filling in surveys and such things.
You could design websites, or maintain them.
You could proof read text.

Or you could go to your local shop, bar, take away place, whatever, and ask for a job.

Flag Post

Have you considered asking Greg how he got his job? His job sounds perfect for you.

Another consideration would be making a powerhouse of a computer and turning it into a server.

A lot of this is based on your computer skills. If you are good, than use it. If not, well what skills do you have? Any job from home would require some skill.

Flag Post

Another consideration would be making a powerhouse of a computer and turning it into a server.

I’m not entirely certain how that would make him money; furthermore, it would require investment of capital, which given his first post, he may not have enough of.

Flag Post

Aerow and Redem bring up a good point. Things like Moola.com (glad someone mentioned that – I had forgotten it) are tons of luck (though I think the Gold Miner game probably has the most skill) and when you divide it out per hour are really pretty bad. Poker can be good, but is also risky (unlike a job, you can actually lose money doing it).

So, here’s how the world works. Everything is based on trade. You give someone some resource of yours, and they give you a resource back. In this case, the resource you’re seeking is money. The question that would really help us try to give you an answer is what resources do you have to offer? We know that you have time. What else do you have (that you’re willing to use)? Do you have any artistic talent? Any programming inclination? Are you good talking with people? A good writer? Do you have the patience to do repetitive tasks? Are you willing to act as a blood/sperm donor, or be a part of medical experiments? How many surveys can you fill out in a day? Give us your strengths and we may be able to find something more profitable that playing double-or-nothing luck games all day (which is what Moola.com is).

Moola is pretty fun by the way, though I don’t personally know anyone who’s made any significant amount of money off of it.