Sound!

4 posts

Flag Post

I don’t know about you, but, after yrs. of the same gamer music, I’m sick of it.

I’ve noticed that a lot of games `round here don’t have the ability to kill sound (including games which [if had the ability] be epic on the web).

I think it’s a great idea to be able to kill sound for people like I who either a) listen to satalite radio online, b) listen to web radio online, or c) are just sick and tierd of midi background music.

Anyone who agrees.. as I’m not 100% par w/ flash sound programing.

Can you please replay w/ a simple source code for new programers (that’s what this site is really about) a way to mute sound?

thank you very much!

Flag Post

looks like I can’t make a post…..

what do you think of programer game music? I believe it’s sub par, and needs the ablity for mute.

Flag Post

Edit the post. But, make sure all spaces in front of sentences and paragraphs are removed. I hate not being able to indent.

Flag Post

Brim – I edited your post for you (I’m a forum mod). Mils was right – you can’t have spaces in front of your paragraphs. Other than that you were fine.

Regarding your question, this is actually the wrong forum for it. Why do you want the source code? Are you programming? Helping someone else with it? Really, it’s exceedingly simple (there’s a volume parameter that you can just set to 0 when a mute button is pressed, or you can stop playing the music) – some programmers probably just think the music is part of the game and want the player to listen to it, or they’re too lazy/forgot to put it in.