if you were president...

57 posts

Flag Post

before I start, if this thread doesn’t match the criteria for serious discussion, please move it, and if this is already a thread, please give me a link, anyway…what would you do about the prision system, the school system off-shore drilling etc.? I would decrease the amount of time before executions actually took place and air them on pay-per-view, I would make property damaging crimes be taken care of the people who did them, I would force graffiti artists to take it off with a toothbrush in orange jumpsuits, I would make vandalists repair their damage they caused, make thieves return the items and work it off with double restitution, I’d make jails in the middle of nowhere to prevent escapees get far, and I’d remove video games and T.V.s from the jails, and make them work in unpleasant jobs.

I’d then remove junk food from the schools, ask what kind of schoolwork the kids want to do instead of forcing everyone from taking Algebra to allow just those who want to take it. I would also drill in Alaska and ANWR. Please post what you would do, no flaming…

EDIT: I hate this small type…

Flag Post

It’s very simple for me. I’d be conservative about finance, liberal about foreign policy, libertarian about individual social rights, and attempt to back all of these policies up with strong hard factual data. I’d form a cabinet of the arts, hiring arithmeticians, scientists, and health professionals. All policy would be firmly backed up by sources, math, and scientific models. I’d run statistical computer models for anything quantifiable.

Flag Post

As far as executions because of crimes, I would to minimize the number of executions, if not eliminate them completely. I believe that giving someone the death penalty is merely not acknowledging the hope of reformation, as small as the hope may be in a given individual. I, however, don’t think that thieves should be forced to give the items back. More times than not, they sell the stolen item to an innocent person, and the innocent person may get in trouble. Graffiti artists should be forced to remove their grafitti, but not with toothbrushes.

Ah, the school system! In order to get the most out of the public school system, I say that young children should be classified by in what way they learn best (listening, reading, etc.) And then put in seperate classes when classes begin to get harder (Most kids in junior high are put in seperate classes anyway) and this would more than likely at least slightly minimize the number of kids who are in “special” classes because of a learning disability. I, being a fairly intelligent student, sometimes find it hard to retain information when learned through hearing. Thus, I must take notes during lectures and cannot catch everything the teacher is saying.

If I were president, I would not be an environmentalist making the citizens guilty for breathing oxygen, but I also would not waste away the things we are doing to kill our planet. Yes, I would encourage oil drilling anywhere neccessary, but first would take the precautions to reduce the rate as which we use such resources. Whether or not global warming is happening, there’s no denying that there is not an endless supply of oil anywhere on this Earth. I would more than likely set standards on MPG that automobiles must have before being available to the public (I realize that standards such as this are already in progress, but I would just enforce them) and also would encourage automobile companies to produce more fuel-efficient vehicles, while still providing maximum safety and comfort.

And yes, I know that I will probably get flamed on this next part. I believe that in America, we are a blessed nation economically. Why do I believe that this prosperity is so? The Bible clearly says: “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.” For those of you who are not familiar with the preceding passage, the heritage of the servants of the Lord is talking aobut the Israelites. I believe that we have prospered because we have remained allies with the Israelites. The day will come when we may be bargained with to denounce our friendship with Israel in order for protection against armed nations. If I was president, I would do all I could to remain allies with Israel, protecting and serving them at all costs.

Flag Post

I would strictly follow the Constitution and work to revert back to what the founders wanted.

Flag Post

If I were President I’d probably use all my time to go to Presidential status buffets, VIP ball games, and IHOP. I’d place BSG as my vice and let him do my job.

Flag Post

I’d be a corrupt bastard.

Flag Post

First, I would recall all troops from anywhere and begin training them so they all have the highest standards and become the best in the world.

Second, I would kill all criminals, no matter what the crime.

Third, I would close the borders, and herd all of my citizens into a newly built large city, where they await judgement.

Fourth, I would upgrade the number of nukes I have, and then aim them at every major and semi-major city in the world.

Fifth, I would kill all my citizens who failed the judgement.

Sixth, I would send them into a large hideout, as I begin destroying all sataliettes that aren’t mine, and fire all the nukes.

Seventh, I would send my highly trained army out into the outside world I round up the entire world’s population that’s left and move them for judgement. Repeating what I did with my orginal group.

Finally, I would give each of my citizens a number, which gives them an 5 by 5 by 3 home, with a bed, wardrobe, cehst of drawers, toliet, shower, desk, chair and computer which has TV, Radio, clock, ect built in.

Oh and also I would begin to mass breed chickens for food, and cows, and mass farm fertile land.

Flag Post

I’m cool so, since i already had this planned out for you ppls to ask me this i already had something planned “Watch This Video”: removed

Flag Post

bobo, are you insulting us? Do you honestly believe anyone would fall for that?
Theres no way anyone couldnt see that that’s clearly a rick roll.

Flag Post

What would I do if I became president

1. Remove all troops from Iraq because there is no reason why we should be there or still be there.
  2. Fix the economy, Money issues, Job issues, etc..
  3. Find out what the deal is with gas and oil.
  4. Support Nasa’s programs.
  5. Find or support the finding of alternatives fuel sources like Wind, Solar, Water, etc..
  6. Get rid of gas cars by replacing them with solar, or water cars.
  7. Support in make America more green and clean like planting more trees, picking up trash and litter, graffiti, and more.
  8. Raise teachers’ salaries, because teacher are the key part of making America smarter and better.
  9. Improve alliances with other countries.
  10. Listen to the people with any of their major problems and work on fixing it. Examples Gas prices, Bank worries or failing, etc..

Flag Post

Secret Document

Offical Eyes Only

Presidential Plan 2

1. Build a giant museum, libary and prison.

2. Destroy all other musuem’s and move their content to the giant museum, the same goes for the libary.

3. The prison, which is in the middle of a desert, and has huge walls, will be supplied with food by airdrop, and is only for murderers, because they are serving life. The prisoners are lowered in from helicopter and left to fend for themselves.

4. Build another prison near by, but too far to walk, for every other criminal, this prison will be manned unlike the other one.

5. Begin Protocol 6/382/38A, the capture of Canada, Greenland and outlying islands.

Flag Post

3. The prison, which is in the middle of a desert, and has huge walls, will be supplied with food by airdrop, and is only for murderers, because they are serving life. The prisoners are lowered in from helicopter and left to fend for themselves.

“Escape from New York” anyone?

Flag Post

Never heard of it…

Flag Post

it’s an ok movie, the sequel wasn’t good though

Flag Post

Just pointing out the similarities exact same idea. I personally haven’t seen it. I just know the premise.

Flag Post

REMOVE MY SELF FROM POWER, AND GIVE IT TO THE PEOPLE, LET THEM DECIDE WHETHER WE GO TO WAR OR NOT, LET THEM DECIDE HOW THE GOVERNMENT SPENDS THE TAXES , AFTER ALL THE PEOPLE ARE PAYING FOR IT.

ohh… sorry for caps, but dont want to retype :D

well yea

Flag Post

1) Redo the justice system. I would maximize executions for crimes. Child molesters and rapists, if proven guilty via DNA evidence, would be put to death within a year of the trial. Scum like them don’t deserve to live. Murderers would also be put to death, but not that quickly. Increase penalties for drug dealing and trafficking. Increase penalties for possession.

2) Make better immigration laws. Then I would correct the illegal immigration. Giant walled, armed. Start a cleaning process for illegal immigrants. All companies are subject to a $100,000 fine per illegal alien hired. All employees are required to report illegal aliens or face a fine. Each alien is then tagged, processed, and deported. If caught again they face a penalty. If caught a third time they face an extreme penalty.

3) Fix the education system. No teacher should be making under $40,000 starting. Add life classes such as how to file your taxes, balance your checkbook, invest, plan for retirement, etc to high school curriculum.

4) Destroy the two party system. Candidates must run by themselves. Set aside federal funded campaign money. Each candidate gets the same amount of money and is only allowed to accept donations from citizens. No businesses, groups, or organizations can contribute.

I obviously I am just giving a majorly general outline. But those four things would do great things for the United States.

Flag Post

Lol at RMcD.

Flag Post

For almost everybody who’s posted (notable exception Lord Azreal, and some of the people who didn’t mention massivly increasing federal funding for schools, the army, or border controls right after saying they would balance the money):

First action upon their appointment as president:

Peacefully protest the batshit crazy trampling of the constitution and of fair justice by moving to a different country.

Flag Post

I would dissolve the union of the United states of America.

Flag Post

If I was prez we’d all be dead.

Flag Post

gungan38

lol

youd still make a better president than we have now :D

Flag Post

For crimes like stealing…….. cut off the guilty persons hand for rape, cut off the persons genitals……
Develop new energy like solar…..
Fix the schools so everyone actually learns and SCRAP no child left behind
Withdraw troops in Iraq
eliminate the death sentence—— life as community service member
be a good president

Flag Post

okay…….. the formatting is terrible… everyone of those were on a different line

Flag Post

Quit immediatly because I don’t feel like being the puppet of corporations and corruption.