Should women fight in war? (on the frontlines)

832 posts

Flag Post

Well I was on another site and someone posed a very problematic question. Should women be allowed to fight on the frontlines in infantry? This is a question I want to ask you guys and girls since it is new and has a good argument for both sides.

Pros: women treated as equals, more soldiers to fight, women could move in the ranks easier
Cons: periods, sexual harassment, physical limitations of women

Flag Post

yes let them die if they want to

Flag Post

If women wanna do it then they should be allowed too.

Flag Post

I don’t think physical limitations mean much when you’ve got an M16 in hand.

Flag Post

oh, i love that sexual harassment argument, it’s used frequently in other context, too…

i think it’s just great. you exclude women because of the danger that the men could not restrain themselves. i mean, let’s exclude black people from voting, there could be white supremacists at the polling place and they could start a fight!

yes, they should be able to join the millitary if they want to.

Flag Post

I think they would be a distraction to the men, not just for that reason, but because they would rather protect them. On the other hand people are less likely to shoot a woman than a man.

I don’t really care, they do everything else.

Flag Post

I think they would be a distraction to the men, not just for that reason, but because they would rather protect them. On the other hand people are less likely to shoot a woman than a man.

I don’t really care, they do everything else.

No comment, I’ll let somebody else respond for me.

Flag Post

What is wrong?

Flag Post

If they really want to I suppose they should be allowed to. Their training should be just a grueling as anyones and perhaps special attention to melee combat should be taken. I hate womens boxing cause no one get knocked out (usually) I also hate light weight UFC for the same reason. Men and women are very different physically, pretending that their not is kinda silly. On the other hand though, their are a growing number of female Marines who would tear any of our heads off like it wasn’t even a thing. So of course they should be able to fight on the front lines just like anyone, but not to prove something as much as to kill/save people by any means necessary.

Flag Post

Why not?

Flag Post

I heard somewhere that mixed groups are more tolerant (and I believe so). In war, power abuse towards citizens is a big issue (if you are the victim). I don’t know to what extent women are more vulnerable (mentally) to a war situation, but at least they should be able to go when they want to. In that case I’m sure they’re just as tough.

Flag Post

I believe that women should be able to fight if they meet or exceed the physical expectations of soldiers as set by the military.

Flag Post

Why not?

Indeed. There is no weaker sex when you’re holding a gun.

Flag Post

periods

Irrelevant to fitness for service in the modern army. And can be dealt with in a number of ways.

sexual harassment

As well make them wear veils, in order to stop OTHER PEOPLE from doing something bad.

physical limitations of women

Tell that to the women who run marathons or compete in other sports. Whether they’re “physically limited” compared to you.

Flag Post

Tell that to the women who run marathons or compete in other sports. Whether they’re “physically limited” compared to you.

They are, they have no penis.

Flag Post

Some level of maturity and competence is required to use this section of the forums Zmmaji. Refrain from those sort of comments in the future.

If a woman can blow the backs of skulls off of enemies, let her do it.

Flag Post

There is also a level of maturity required for interpretation, as in the penis is a physical feature. Not so much of the OMG ITSA PENOR QQ.

Flag Post

What’s having a penis got to do with shooting dudes?

You may as well say you’re physically limited compared to a woman because you can’t bear children.

Flag Post

Excellent point unproductive, and I would consider any physical difference between males and females, and combinations of both, to be physically limiting in some way or another. That was what I was responding to in my original statement that damijin didn’t like because of its naughty words.

Flag Post

They are, they have no penis.

I fail to see how that’s a “limit”.

Flag Post

Women should be able to fight having demonstrated the same level of fitness skill and discipline that is expected of them as men.

>They are, they have no penis.

Having no penis wouldn’t be all bad, it’d make you a smaller target. Albeit in your case only about 1/2 an inch a smaller target…

Flag Post

Deny men the right to join and fight. Get all the nations to form an army of women and start WW3. Once a month all nations can invade Belgium and go on a chocolate binge.

Flag Post

Irrelevant to fitness for service in the modern army. And can be dealt with in a number of ways.

So you obviously haven’t ever had a period, or the feeling that you just want to hibernate for the next few days because of the pain.

ANYWAY, yes, I believe women should be alwed to fight. But they should not be given anything different than what is given for the men.

Flag Post

So you obviously haven’t ever had a period, or the feeling that you just want to hibernate for the next few days because of the pain.

If you can go to work on your period, you can fight. And as I said, they can be dealt with in various ways. Access to birth control pills will help many of them, and there are more dramatic methods on top of that.

Flag Post

I believe they should. As long as they can hold a gun and

If a woman can blow the backs of skulls off of enemies, let her do it.

We’ll have an even bigger army. I’m all for it.