Should women fight in war? (on the frontlines) page 14

831 posts

Flag Post

Of course an unintended side-effect of Jhco’s anecdote, is he has pointed out that the Vietcong were willing to consider soldiers outside of the ‘adult male’ box. If children could successfully fight in a war against our army, doesn’t that just further undercut the position that women would somehow be incapable of fighting on the front lines?

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

Because you announced many times last year that you were finally 13, so kong couldn’t ban your account.

13 + 1 year = 14, usually.

awww you remembered <3

officially 14 on 5/29/11 so now i can get a job(yeah, right, suuuuuuuure)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stiltonchees:

Yeah… well I guess you never know how it feels until you try it huh? It’s funny how people all seem to fear things like death, as if they themselves had died. Funny how that works.

well i dont fear death, just satan and dying alone, oh and i also fear not getting a girl in high school my friends have been giving me shit for not having a girl for far too long

Mhm, lets put in a dictator, and then take him out later… by coincidence, whenever that country stops giving us oil. Makes a lot of sense I agree. /sarcasm
oil makes the world go right round

WWI was not really justifiable, and if people hadn’t been such angry douches at germany after the whole thing then WWII probably never would have happened
hey, they caused that whole shit, and millions of deaths and wounded and they still lost therefor they had to clean up their fucking mess, then they got into a bitch fit because big surprise coming WHEN YOU CAUSE A PROBLEM YOU GOTTA CLEAN YOUR MESS then hitler came to power and WWII came, where they got subsequently pwned again, that shut them the fuck up

Huh? People like me don’t get respect, women or friends? errr actually that was me rambling on how, men unfit for war like how you mentioned there were men like that who get drafted are like that i wasnt specifically talking about you, lol i tend to ramble, but not that much, although i do like oreos, but my favorite cookies are those chewy chips ahoy ones, you know in those resealable bags, those are delicious

Also I have no shame in the fact I am not cut out to fight in war.
neither am i, but the difference is i have a good reason(im lazy as fuck)

i would like to not fight in war because it’ll be more like company of heroes than call of duty, in the sense that in RTS’s individual soldiers are small weak and worthless, but in call of duty 1 soldier gets like 3k kills without even so much as an injury

but if i had to, i wouldnt be too scared or weak to die a death for my country pathetically getting a shitty kill count and accomplishing nothing

Glad you have experience in war. I too have played Call of Duty, so I guess we are both veterans then. black ops? what prestige? I usually like to try to make myself the center of attention on veterans day because of my experience in the field. And I have had enough respawns I feel I qualify for memorial day as well. As far as dying for a country, you are pretty niave if you think any of our recent wars have been of any benifit to the country.

your right, because CLEARLY the terrorists would have just left us alone if we werent fucking their shit up in the middle east
I’d be at best dying for a large group of peoples intolerance based in ignorance, and most likely also for large financial gain from some corporate giant that I hate. I would never be willing to fight and die to destroy all the things I stand for.

Flag Post

The problem with women fighting in war is the sexual tension, sex in return for favors, etc. I would suggest segregated units. Certainly, if women can meet the standards required for a US soldier, they should be able to be one on the front lines. I respect a woman’s right to kill people for their government.

Flag Post

To Darklord:
Germany didnt really intended to start the WW1. At least, they sure the hell werent the only factor. I dont remember all the reasons, but apparently, they involved Germany growing too fast, competing too much with England, and start demanding more colonies in Africa. Amongst a buckload of other reasons. Most of then economical. None of then worth 17 millon deaths, if you ask my opinion…
And hey, could you put youself in the place of the Germans for a while? If the USA recently have got his ass kicked by half of the greatest powers in the world, and turned into a country falling on pieces, with most of its population starving, you would want to get a taste of revenge, wouldnt you? Well, that is what Hitler was promissing, and gave then. Was that justified? No. But it isnt as if they just woke up and decided to declare war against the world…

Flag Post

Why can’t women fight in wars? A little bit of training will whip them into shape, and lets face it, you’re not thinking about sex when theres a FREAKING BOMB RIGHT OVER YOUR HEAD

Flag Post

You know, you have a good point there. Women are becoming humongous anymore. Maybe they do need to get that training to whip them into shape?

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

@Camoraz-Good point, but a day can make a difference when your army is doubled in size and pressing in hard.

No….it really doesnt. A single day of advantage means nothing these days. Sure, you might get some ground on day 1, but what happens later? They retreat a little bit. Then they pull the same trick, and now you’ve screwed millions of lives over for the rest of the time people have conflict. It’s like drinking vodka all day and night long. It probably feels good when youre drinking, but you’ll probably kill yourself. Cept in this case, You’ll be killing yourself, and bring millions or billions over the years with you. I believe what you say is in itself selfish.

Flag Post

ok ill remind you guys why the women were kicked out of the army for a period of time:

when girls got pinned by enemy men they gave up their bodys to them in order to live and at the least 2000 women were raped by enemy soldiers due to this

i think ive ended this forums purpose, ARGUMENT OVER!!!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by trentmiller:

ok ill remind you guys why the women were kicked out of the army for a period of time:

when girls got pinned by enemy men they gave up their bodys to them in order to live and at the least 2000 women were raped by enemy soldiers due to this

i think ive ended this forums purpose, ARGUMENT OVER!!!!!

This does not end the arguement. Things like that are to be expected in war, and if the woman was trained properly she might’ve been able to fight back.

Flag Post

I don’t think things like that are really expected to happen. I can just see a 110 pound woman fighting off a 200 pound man.

Flag Post

Still though.

What trentmiller is implying is that women should not fight in war because something bad can happen to them, but if that were enoguh to make a decision, nobody should be allowed to fight in war. And, no war would be great, but as long as there is war, both genders should be allowed to participate.

Flag Post

You know, when I was young we respected women as the fairer sex and put them in a higher plane. We treated them well, but somehow that seems to have gone by the wayside.

I see women today and most of them are overweight and dress like crap. They have tattoos all over their bodies, bellybuttons pierced, maybe even their nostrils, with about half a dozen piercing in each ear. They wear tight pants with their bellies hanging over. Yeah, I think the military would do them good. Send them up to the front lines, I don’t see a great loss.

Flag Post

Sure, armies always need cannon fodder, and after the gays/blacks/retarded/dumb as custard and the bottom rung of the social and financial ladder have had their turn soak up and expend enemy ammunition and check for landmines, it makes sense that the women should go next. But not the rich ones from good families no, that wouldn’t be right.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:

You know, when I was young we respected women as the fairer sex and put them in a higher plane. We treated them well, but somehow that seems to have gone by the wayside.

I see women today and most of them are overweight and dress like crap. They have tattoos all over their bodies, bellybuttons pierced, maybe even their nostrils, with about half a dozen piercing in each ear. They wear tight pants with their bellies hanging over. Yeah, I think the military would do them good. Send them up to the front lines, I don’t see a great loss.

I don’t see many women that look like that.
In fact, I think I’ve only ever seen 2 or 3 like that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pokarnor:

Ever been to walmart? The ones I got a kick out of were the ones who weight 200 lbs and wore hip huggers and one of those halter tops. Ewwwww, gag me with a spoon!

Flag Post

Ever been to walmart? The ones I got a kick out of were the ones who weight 200 lbs and wore hip huggers and one of those halter tops. Ewwwww, gag me with a spoon!

Even at Wal-Mart they don’t look that way.

But I bet if I went at 2:00 AM I’d see some freaky people.

Flag Post

Even at Wal-Mart they don’t look that way.

But I bet if I went at 2:00 AM I’d see some freaky people.

Possibly. Have you ever seen those pictures of Walmart people that has been going around in emails?

Flag Post

You stogedy old man :P

Do you really think tattoos and piercings are an inherently bad thing? Now, if they’re not your cup of tea or vision of aesthetic beauty. More then fair. But it’s mere ornamentation and expression, to denigrate them catch all seems a bit rigid and judgmental. What bothers you about them? I sport a good many myself.

Flag Post

yes

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:
Originally posted by helltank:

Why can’t women fight in war?

They’re down safe in the city and watching Spongebob and let’s face it, some of them don’t even worry about the soldiers.

Meanwhile, we’re putting our butts on the line. And again. And again. And again.

And they dare to preach about equality.

Some men don’t worry about the soldiers either. Let’s not use that as a brush to tar everyone, shall we?

Its not about forcing women to go to war. Let’s face it, if we really needed the troops with our backs to the wall, this would be a total non-issue. Instead its about giving us the right to choose to put our butts on the line. Giving the right to fight for a cause.

We preach about equality, because we want the right to equality – the right to fight being one of those. No, not everyone wants it, the same as not all men want to be soldiers, but they still have the right to sign up and fight in whatever position they are physically and mentally capable of performing.

Why do we somehow deserve less than that?

Well said. I was going to post, but then I saw this and it’s everything I wanted to say, already said for me.

Flag Post

Good greasy gravy, jhco…..put away yer Fedora and wide neckties and join us in the 21st century. While ya’re at it….please, Please, PLEASE drop your penchant for the hyperbole…k?

When you & I were young—well, THAT was a totally DIFFERENT time—women REALLY WERE NOT treated w/ “respect”…..at least if one is to include EQUALITY as showing respect. TODAY’S woman wants that respect….women have been “fighting” for this since the turn of the century—LAST CENTURY. Ya know, when they couldn’t vote, own property, had NO rights to their children should the husband divorce them (women DID NOT divorce).

NOW, for the hyperbole: ""…most [women] are overweight and dress like crap.""
MOST ya say? Well, THAT depends on what ya call “overweight”. Since it is sooooooo totally subjective…..I won’t even bother to delve into THAT can of worms. HOWEVER, I will say this: SO ARE THE MEN….duh.

I guess I could add: So what if they are overweight and do little to “hide” it? Sure, it is disgusting…..but, why not do what I do: look the other direction and/or learn to “deal w/ it”. The same goes for the “skin-tin & ink” ya so demonize. Seriously—as Ung asked (and YOU did your usual ignore-the-question)—why are YOU so “sensitive” to these issues…..how do they negatively impact YOU to the degree YOU need to use them to support YOUR position on women serving in the military in capacities similar to those of men?

BUT, your hideously callous suggestion these women be sent to the front lines and that their deaths be no “great loss” is merely more of what most all of us here has been trying to get YOU to see is abysmally pathetic….to see that the many positions YOU hold on the many issues discussed here may be based on a kernel of truth//wisdom,,,,,BUT, the spin YOU put on them is faaaaar worse than the many “sins” YOU find in other ppl (welfare recipients, et al).

Flag Post

Actually lots of women are underweight because of hollywood. I think they should fight in the frontlines. Equality is equality, and if we take gunfire, so should you. Hell, maybe the war would have been over if women were in the frontlines. The enemies would either ogle or get so annoyed by the women, they’d surrender.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

They don’t dress for your approval.

Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Good greasy gravy, jhco…..put away yer Fedora and wide neckties and join us in the 21st century. While ya’re at it….please, Please, PLEASE drop your penchant for the hyperbole…k?

When you & I were young—well, THAT was a totally DIFFERENT time—women REALLY WERE NOT treated w/ “respect”…..at least if one is to include EQUALITY as showing respect. TODAY’S woman wants that respect….women have been “fighting” for this since the turn of the century—LAST CENTURY. Ya know, when they couldn’t vote, own property, had NO rights to their children should the husband divorce them (women DID NOT divorce).

NOW, for the hyperbole: ""…most [women] are overweight and dress like crap.""
MOST ya say? Well, THAT depends on what ya call “overweight”. Since it is sooooooo totally subjective…..I won’t even bother to delve into THAT can of worms. HOWEVER, I will say this: SO ARE THE MEN….duh.

I guess I could add: So what if they are overweight and do little to “hide” it? Sure, it is disgusting…..but, why not do what I do: look the other direction and/or learn to “deal w/ it”. The same goes for the “skin-tin & ink” ya so demonize. Seriously—as Ung asked (and YOU did your usual ignore-the-question)—why are YOU so “sensitive” to these issues…..how do they negatively impact YOU to the degree YOU need to use them to support YOUR position on women serving in the military in capacities similar to those of men?

BUT, your hideously callous suggestion these women be sent to the front lines and that their deaths be no “great loss” is merely more of what most all of us here has been trying to get YOU to see is abysmally pathetic….to see that the many positions YOU hold on the many issues discussed here may be based on a kernel of truth//wisdom,,,,,BUT, the spin YOU put on them is faaaaar worse than the many “sins” YOU find in other ppl (welfare recipients, et al).

Thank you. Also “we used to treat women with respect” thing irritates the hell out of me. That was never the case. Considering it took until 1967 for a woman to run the Boston marathon and even then MEN were trying to remove her from the race. Yeah, lots of “respect to the fairer sex” going on.

Truth be told, I’d hate to live in any time past 1980. Screw that.