Should women fight in war? (on the frontlines) page 2

831 posts

Flag Post

And why can’t men be raped =/

Flag Post

pink, they legally cant. as in it isnt considered possible in the eyes of the justice system. plus why would u rape a guy prisoner?

Flag Post

Not as a “standard” tactics for male prisoners unless you are talking about raping of the anus, which I doubt would be popular among torturers.

Flag Post

unless u use a tire iron. then is sodomy. now thats torture.

Flag Post

but they should know that they will face greater risks.

The woman who join the military already know this. And take that risk when they join. The fact they are willing to take that risk should say something already.

pink, they legally cant.

And that’s not really true. Men can be victims of rape and and the law recognizes that nowadays.

Flag Post

I think I go along the lines of Paladin2K.
I would consider any women braver than me if they would step up to the front lines and know theres a possibility that they will get raped several times and by several different people.
It’s not bad for a women to join the army/frontlines, I really see no arguments why they can’t.

Flag Post

Because vaginal rape is so much worse than than other forms of rape and torture? Or because women are poor fragile creatures who break down immediately in danger?

Right.

Flag Post

i think that women should if they are well trained in the army, not women like parris hilton or somthing but women with capacities that are really strong.

conclusion: Yes

Flag Post

in WW2 I have seen a documentary of when the Russians used women on the frontline, the women volenteered,
on the immaging it showed tha the women were confident, ready, and even did battle cries if htey charged;;;;

why not do it now? if they want to leave there world of make up and shopping, only yoking they can
just hope they are confident to hold a gun and no hesitation to go out in the open;;;

Flag Post

Women should be allowed to fight on the front but they should know that they will face greater risks but they should know that they will face greater risks

(My original post)

Oh please, you guys/gals should read the whole sentence before jumping to conclusion. I am not against women in the front lines, but merely stating the risks involved. Which part of “Women should be allowed to fight on the front” do you not understand?

And no one is saying that vaginal rape is any less worse than other forms of torture…sheesh.

Flag Post

They can and are if they’re being tortured. Otherwise their captors tend to have little interest in it. This is not true with women. But it is a volunteer army, and all those involved know the risks.

Flag Post

DEFINETLY! Your cons are nulled when a women goes through basic training. Periods can be bad, but I’m a guy so I won’t go there. Sexual harassment shouldn’t be a problem, but sadly it is with some of the idiots in the armed forces. And physical limitations… I’ve seen girls own football players in fistfights. (Nasty break-up, my friend had a black eye for his senior pictures) They deserve to fight if they want to.

Flag Post

1. Women in certain combat situations are far more prone to injury than men. In the desert, women get sand crotch. In the swamp, women get crotch rot. In the rain forest, women get crotch infections. The vagina is a highly volatile organ and it becomes very oriented towards certain temperatures, ph levels, and environments.

2. Women consistently test lower than men in all visual/spacial exercises. There are very few exceptions to this rule, as the female brain is highly adapted away from spacial and visual understandings.

3. Sexuality in a war zone is entirely and wholly detrimental to the goal of the military. Soldiers are strategic forces of combat, not living breathing societies.

The simple fact of the matter is that when bullets are flying and there’s billions and billions of dollars invested into the military, the differences between men and women are important to distinguish. This is a life and death matter, and equality and fairness takes a back seat to survival and success. The best practice is to set the standard for the front line to be above the expectations of women, so that a woman capable of meeting that standard is able to fight. There’s still issues of sexuality and health, but they’re minimal next to the important issue of ability.

Flag Post

1. Women in certain combat situations are far more prone to injury than men. In the desert, women get sand crotch. In the swamp, women get crotch rot. In the rain forest, women get crotch infections. The vagina is a highly volatile organ and it becomes very oriented towards certain temperatures, ph levels, and environments.

I would like to refer back to an earlier post I made which eventually got me flamed, from a mod.

They are, they have no penis.

As with my original post it is my position that any physical difference will in some situation be detrimental.

Flag Post

There’s still issues of sexuality

you’ll obviously want to keep male and female soldiers seperate, for exactly that reason.

Flag Post

I would like to refer back to an earlier post I made which eventually got me flamed, from a mod.

He wasn’t flaming you he was warning you. Taking what he said and twisting it and calling it flaming is a bit disrespectful, which I’m sure someone else will make you aware of.

As with my original post it is my position that any physical difference will in some situation be detrimental.

I highly doubt you were thinking what TheBSG said when you wrote that, especially considering the context.

Flag Post

you’ll obviously want to keep male and female soldiers seperate, for exactly that reason.

We should keep blacks and whites separated to prevent racial disputes too.

Flag Post

There are plenty of drugs to be taken systematically to prevent this, and periods. And on the issue of sexuality, you have to realize that sexuality goes both ways and is just as possible for women to become distracted as men are especially when “deprived” for so long. So it would make sense to make male and female infantries…to keep the hanky-panky down. Although that doesn’t stop them from making with each other…

Flag Post

aww c’mon…

i think sexual tension, let alone relationships can be very bad for the troops’ training and battlefield success, so while i advocate letting women join the army, i’d say they should not live nor be trained in the same camps to prevent unneccessary stress and eventual danger, that’s all i’m saying.

a racial dispute is somewhat easier to put an end to than a love/jealousy/hate triangle, isn’t it?

Flag Post

a racial dispute is somewhat easier to put an end to than a love/jealousy/hate triangle, isn’t it?

no

Flag Post

i say let them fight if they want, it cant hurt.

unless they get shot then it hurts like hell

Flag Post

I agree that it will be best to put women soldiers on different corp than men; just to minimize sexual harassment and whatnot.

Flag Post

My point is that separating people until they’ve actually done something wrong is ridiculous. If soldiers have a relationship thats affecting their performance, separate them. Until then, whats the point?

Flag Post

If someone is a distinguishable racist, they wouldn’t be allowed into the military. When someone in the military has a racially charged dispute with another soldier, they’re separated into different platoons, and the racist soldier is monitored. The difference is that men and women DO have distinguishable accident-prone identifications: Their genitals. If racists had a 6th finger, we’d keep them out of/separate in the military, too.

Flag Post

Thats the exact reason openly gay men and women aren’t allowed to serve in the military. However, thousands of “in the closet” gays" have proved that they can serve in the military with no issue.