Should women fight in war? (on the frontlines) page 22

831 posts

Flag Post

They should be allowed to both fight and get drafted. Anyone who disagrees is sexist.

Flag Post
Originally posted by onlineidiot1994:

They should be allowed to both fight and get drafted. Anyone who disagrees is sexist.

More liberal logic that astounds me! “If you disagree you’re either racist or sexist.”

Flag Post

Darear, tell me how in this case this logic is incorrect. If you think women shouldn’t fight in war then you are essentially saying that they are weak, inferior and incapable of fighting. How is that not sexist? You are generalising a whole gender based on a classic stereotype.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darear:

This will be my last post. You liberals are disgusting beings.

If you would lay off the insults for once

Ahh, irony, you fickle beast. Those two sentences were right next to one another, as well.

and stop calling others who disagree with you sexist and racist than there could be a civil discussion. I’m going to a conservative forum so I don’t have to listen to the likes of you. You are part of the problem.

If you would stop making sexist and racist arguments, then I suspect you would stop finding that people are calling you sexist and racist.

Food for thought.

Flag Post
Originally posted by onlineidiot1994:

More liberal logic that astounds me! “If you disagree you’re either racist or sexist.”

NO. There’s not “logic” involved in this. It’s actually more of a “definition” thing. These are the definitions of the words YOU chose.

Racist//racism: “a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one’s own race is superior and has the right to rule others.”

Sexist: “1. attitudes or behavior based on traditional stereotypes of sexual roles. 2.
discrimination or devaluation based on a person’s sex, as in restricted job opportunities; especially, such discrimination directed against women.”

As one can see, for the sake of universal communication, we use language that is commonly understood. Ergo, logic isn’t really applicable….ATTITUDE is. If one has the attitude described by the word, then they are……

Merely because someone disagrees w/ said attitude being held by another doesn’t automatically//necessarily merit truth or proof. The proof of the pudding is in the eating of it. If one does//says//thinks racist or sexist things,,,they very likely are….
By definition.

BUT, something ya said, JaumeBG, made me think about the many depictions of women on this gaming site. Many of the images are of WARRIOR women who appear extremely capable & fierce….and as sexy as they are briefly dressed and the armament they have.

A good sniper can easily be female.
A good drone pilot can be female.
A healthy, strong woman can be a combat soldier….ask any firefighter who is female and FIGHTS fires.
A puny ass male isn’t gonna make it through Marine boot camp.
Yet, many women become good Marines

Blanket statements//ideals about women & war (on the front lines—as if they even exist anymore) aren’t just sexist….they’re prejudicial and a huge step towards bigotry. Again, the truth of this matter will be a “Pudding-proof-eating” thing.

I can tell ya this….it ain’t the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog that truly matters when it comes right down to it. I know of many, MANY women that I would be honored to have at my side in a most hellish fire-fight. Again….ATTITUDE is everything.

To say that women are bereft of this is more telling of the person believing it than it is of women. If a woman DESIRES to be in combat & and PROVE herself WORTHY (as compared to her male counterparts)….then where exactly is the problem?

Flag Post

This will be my last post. You liberals are disgusting beings. If you would lay off the insults for once and stop calling others who disagree with you sexist and racist than there could be a civil discussion. I’m going to a conservative forum so I don’t have to listen to the likes of you. You are part of the problem.

I’m gonna hold ya to that.

OH, don’t let the door hit ya in the ass on yer way out.

I don’t really see myself as being “DISGUSTING”,,,,
more like affably annoying.

Yet, ya might not be a racist or a sexist,,,
but what would one call a person who calls ppl disgusting based on ideological differences of which no real foundation has been factually laid? Smells a little like bigotry to me….eh? That vika & others would QUESTION the basis from which YOU launch your opinions certainly can’t be construed as actually “CALLING” ya a racist, sexist, etc.

Flag Post

You liberals are disgusting beings.

Hurr durr.

I know you’re trolling with this specific statement, but let me just say again that as long as the cost is lower than the benefit, it should be done. If it is found too little women can be drafted, there is no point in drafting them, as it would just not significantly increase the army’s success.

Flag Post

yes, calling people out on their racism or their sexism is disgusting!

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

yes, calling people out on their racism or their sexism is disgusting!

And, it pains me to live in a world where such must be done….in the hope that such ignorant hatefulness can cease to exist. Yet, I am proud to be a part of a lineage of ppl who have fought long & hard to make this happen. In other words (something I saw on a T-shirt,,,of all places): America, home of the free because of the brave. Obviously a “mixing” from the song: The Star Spnagled Banner. “O’er the land of the free & the home of the brave”.

Flag Post

There are many women that are stronger than men…it is time to stop the sexist thing saying women are weak and fragile. Many of the women that walk on Earth are strong enough to survive and fight in the war.

Flag Post
Originally posted by marakiemmas1234:

There are many women that are stronger than men…it is time to stop the sexist thing saying women are weak and fragile. Many of the women that walk on Earth are strong enough to survive and fight in the war.

They are, but genetically women are weaker then men. And since both sexes would receive the same treatment training wise (I would hope), so in the end it would revolve around who puts in the most effort. You are correct on them being strong enough to fight in war though.

My view on this matter is the simplest one. They should be allowed to fight if they volunteer. If they get drafted (though its highly doubtful that a war on such a scale that we would have to draft would happen) then I think it depends on whether they have a family.

Flag Post

Well if they’re willing to risk their lives that way then yes they should.

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:
If they get drafted (though its highly doubtful that a war on such a scale that we would have to draft would happen) then I think it depends on whether they have a family.

I’ll reiterate an earlier point of mine. If the draft was equal for both genders, perhaps we would be in less of a hurry to engage in wars where a draft was necessary. That aside, in the interests of removing gender bias, the draft should be equal for both. Why should men be forced to fight when women aren’t forced is just as big an issue as men being allowed to fight on the front lines whilst women are not.

Flag Post

If they want to…why not?

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:
If they get drafted (though its highly doubtful that a war on such a scale that we would have to draft would happen) then I think it depends on whether they have a family.

I’ll reiterate an earlier point of mine. If the draft was equal for both genders, perhaps we would be in less of a hurry to engage in wars where a draft was necessary. That aside, in the interests of removing gender bias, the draft should be equal for both. Why should men be forced to fight when women aren’t forced is just as big an issue as men being allowed to fight on the front lines whilst women are not.

Because imagine this, a war on a large scale was launched, over… whatever. In the drafting process both the main and the women get picked out. They have 3 children all under 16 years of age and unable to support themselves financially. Should the women still be sent to war (she doesn’t wish to participate in the war)?

Flag Post

bb, as ya can see there are many classifications that address these issues.

Flag Post
Should the women still be sent to war (she doesn’t wish to participate in the war)?

The men don’t get a choice in it, why should we?

Flag Post
Should the women still be sent to war (she doesn’t wish to participate in the war)?

The men don’t get a choice in it, why should we?

Nice job throwing that completely out of context and you probably saw the post above. If you believe that woman should be drafted equally so that her kids would potentially end up being war orphans then I think your being over zealous.

Flag Post

It happens to the kids of a male single parent family. Part of equality is ensuring the same consequences occur to both parents as to one. Besides, it should be easy to stagger the draft so you take the mother of some families, and the father of others.

Flag Post

It happens to the kids of a male single parent family. Part of equality is ensuring the same consequences occur to both parents as to one. Besides, it should be easy to stagger the draft so you take the mother of some families, and the father of others.

Single male fathers would obviously be excluded from the drafting process. Besides I think were all missing a major point here in the frontlines, I really don’t care if they are drafted to be put into a position which carries a very low risk of death. But I really think people are becoming a bit over the top if the want the number of men and women to be the exact same in the drafting process. Drafting is what it is, a date drawn out and if your born then then your in. We should just remember to add the exception on then. No need to overcomplicate things.

Flag Post
But I really think people are becoming a bit over the top if the want the number of men and women to be the exact same in the drafting process. Drafting is what it is, a date drawn out and if your born then then your in. We should just remember to add the exception on then. No need to overcomplicate things.

I think ya’re confusing a few things here. We’re NOT saying exact SAME NUMBERS. We are saying that there should be equal APPLICATION of the drafting process….AND, in the testing for combat fitness.

Seriously now, how hard that it be to understnand this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Much harder than I had assumed, obviously.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:
But I really think people are becoming a bit over the top if the want the number of men and women to be the exact same in the drafting process. Drafting is what it is, a date drawn out and if your born then then your in. We should just remember to add the exception on then. No need to overcomplicate things.

I think ya’re confusing a few things here. We’re NOT saying exact SAME NUMBERS. We are saying that there should be equal APPLICATION of the drafting process….AND, in the testing for combat fitness.

Not hard, just using a bit of hyperbole. Anyway it should be equal in my opinion. I’m just highlighting my exceptions.

Flag Post

Call me what ever you want but a woman’s place is in kitchen, just like a man’s place is at his work place.
Women should not be allowed to fight in war because there are some risks which only they have to face.