Should women fight in war? (on the frontlines) page 3

831 posts

Flag Post

Sex change and your problem is solved!

Flag Post

My point is that separating people until they’ve actually done something wrong is ridiculous. If soldiers have a relationship thats affecting their performance, separate them. Until then, whats the point?

well, first, soldiers are not normal people. they are stripped of certain rights and strongly tied to and defined by their duty. to ensure the soldiers are doing their duty is the main goal of their administrative system, not to ensure they are comfortable or equal. if you join the army, you know the deal and have to accept the conditions. second, racism problems are far less frequent than men and women wanting sex and the ensuing complications, i imagine. if you seperate a love triangle only after their troubles have become evident, the main damage is already done. plus, i think love or jealousy or anything in between will lead people to go further out of line than race issues.

Flag Post

A single incident is reason enough to assume all individuals are capable of causing the situation. We’re not talking about highschool, jobs, or voting. This is not discrimination based on hate or political disagreements or jealousy. This is discrimination based on safety. Safety is far more important in war than fairness. Gays and women should be assigned to roles that best suit their physical abilities and sociological efficiency.

The real issue here is that people think it’s unfair that women aren’t in the special forces rangers division of the military, as if that’s an indication of favoritism. I’m absolutely certain that if there was a woman who demonstrated keen abilities in the field, could shoot better than her entire division, and showed absolute dedication to the military, she’d be given an exception and promoted. That said, 99% of women aren’t physically capable of it.

Put it this way: If you were in the middle of enemy territory in the hot summer with 5 survivors and you needed to travel 5 clicks to get rescued, and one of your female squadmates got a yeast infection and couldn’t walk from the overwhelming pain, you’d start to wonder why a woman was sent on such a difficult mission.

Do you guys think I should start protesting the military because they won’t let me be on the front line? Come on, people who use wheelchairs are people too!
My squadmates should have to endure compromise and danger because I demand equality.

Flag Post

How often do you think yeast infections happen theBSG? I mean you act like the women is GOING to get sick, yea it’s a possibility but so is getting kicked in the nuts, can’t move to well after that can ya, not to mention the possibility of a hernia…just because it can happen isn’t reason enough to suggest against something.

And why are you assuming the survivors are 4:1?

Flag Post

just because it can happen isn’t reason enough to suggest against something.

Yah im all for driving drunk to!

Flag Post

Just imagining a woman in battle is hilarious.

Flag Post

I think it’s sexy.

Flag Post

In movies and video games it is sexy, in real life its just funny. She runs in a bush and starts crying.

Flag Post

If 8:2 survivors were left, you’d wonder why they sent 2 guys to carry 8 crotch rotted women. If 8 could happen, 8 happens in simulators. You need everything to go according to the god damned plan, alright soldier? Maybe in your trench warfare you don’t care if it’s a ballser or a woman, it’s if he’ll run in front of bullets, but in special forces, you are a tactical unit. Tactics do not include vagsplag.

Flag Post

Since we are talking about the role of women as combatant, I would like to direct you to an interesting subject found in wiki.

(The bottom part is quite relevant to the current topic)

Flag Post

“Hester’s squad of two women and eight men in three Humvees was shadowing a 30-truck supply convoy when approximately 50 insurgent fighters ambushed the convoy with AK-47 assault rifle and RPK machine gun fire, and rocket propelled grenades (RPGs). The squad moved to the side of the road, flanking the insurgents and cutting off their escape route. Hester maneuvered her team through the “kill zone” and into a flanking position, where she and her squad leader, Staff Sergeant Timothy F. Nein, assaulted a trench line with hand grenades and M203 grenade launcher rounds. Hester and Nein assaulted and cleared two trenches. During the 25-minute firefight, Hester killed at least three enemy combatants with her M4 assault rifle."

Flag Post

What movie is that in?

Flag Post

It’s not from a movie, it’s from real life.

Flag Post

It is taken from here.

Flag Post

That’s all fake.

Flag Post

Phoenix_Red is known to be a troll, I really wouldn’t bother.

Flag Post

That’s all fake.

Of course it is fake. The US Army likes to give out medals to fake encounters. Just yesterday they mailed me a Medal of Honor because I “defended” American Army’s integrity on a online forum. And I am not even an American.

Flag Post

Everybody gets one of those silly.

Flag Post

1. Women in certain combat situations are far more prone to injury than men. In the desert, women get sand crotch. In the swamp, women get crotch rot. In the rain forest, women get crotch infections. The vagina is a highly volatile organ and it becomes very oriented towards certain temperatures, ph levels, and environments.

Bullshit. Crotch rot? WTF are you talking about? I can not believe one woman didn’t call that out. Just looked though and actually people did. Very good.

The simple fact of the matter is that when bullets are flying and there’s billions and billions of dollars invested into the military, the differences between men and women are important to distinguish.

Yea, a dick. That’s about it. Tell a woman fighting today in the military that she’s not good enough because her vagina is too sensitive and tests say she can’t shoot as a well as a man. When she could probably after going through the training soldiers go through, kick the ass of most men. Because men can’t keep it in their pants, women shouldn’t be able to fight? Blame the woman for wearing fatigues which we know are so sexy, not the man because he can’t keep his dick in pants?

Put it this way: If you were in the middle of enemy territory in the hot summer with 5 survivors and you needed to travel 5 clicks to get rescued, and one of your female squadmates got a yeast infection and couldn’t walk from the overwhelming pain, you’d start to wonder why a woman was sent on such a difficult mission.

You’re talking about soldiers? People trained to go through the harshest conditions? You seem to think that woman who join the military are sissies who whine about cramps and demand extra rations of chocolate. Once again, bullshit. And that sentence about the yeast infection was just comical.

Gays and women should be assigned to roles that best suit their physical abilities and sociological efficiency.

Because only straight men have the ability to fight? Because a vagina is to sensitive to be in war and gays are what? Weak and too sensitive? Maybe genetically bad marksman? Maybe their flaming will just attract the enemy to fast or something.

Flag Post

if they wanna they should, when ww2 was around everyone fought in russia, women mostly as snipers

Flag Post

Phoenix_Red, why can’t you act reasonable?

Also, when were you in the war?

In movies and video games it is sexy, in real life its just funny. She runs in a bush and starts crying.

Flag Post

women = men men= women gay= men woman in the revolutionary war ( america ) would disguise themselves and or go with their husbands to war. one famous woman ( i dont remember name) took control of her husbands cannon when he was shot.

Flag Post

Yes, but for a different reason than most of you. If women want equal rights, they should stop bitching and moaning about sexual harassment, pay for dinner once in a while, and join the Army.

Flag Post

on the subject of physical ability, I think we should remember that women’s muscle is weaker for its mass than mens. I’m all for anti discrimination, but this seems to be something overlooked. to be perfectly honest, I think America in particular is bad at this, over here in England there are few (if any) jobs in the armed forces which females arent allowed to do. Also, they dont care about your sexual preferences

Flag Post

As a female veteran of the U.S. Navy, get bent Phoenix_Red. May you someday run into the chick in my division from basic training who went Navy diver/bomb retrieval. She’s a former body builder. SHe’d chew you up for breakfast and spit out the seeds (all without messing up her hair somehow).

To the thread title, women fight on the frontlines everyday in Iraq right now. They may not have official job titles that ordinarily grant them such duties but I assure you it’s true. They are supply clerks, medics, doctors, and explosives experts who are fighting for their lives. Some of them are good friends of mine.

Women being more prone to injury: this is a give and take in that it depends on the type of injury we’re talking about. Women are more prone to stress fractures (common in basic training) and military doctors will tell you that specifically, this is higher in women of a certain bone structure. That said, women are easier to train to withstand prolonged physical torture as they generally have a higher threshold for pain over a period of time. They also suffer fewer bone breaks of a more “snapping” nature than their male counterparts (and you get used to the stress fractures, I’ve had one for 13 years).

Women in the military throughout history; supposedly once upon a time, the ancient Celts (or maybe it was the Franks) had entire battle groups that were solely women but were paid by invading forces (I believe the Romans) to disband these units because it was felt they had an unfair advantage in that they were more for total destruction than the typical “kill, rape, pillage” routine. I have no idea if that’s actually true but being a chick, I can believe it.