Immortality: A blessing or a curse? page 3

62 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Sounds awful. If I die just to wake up in an afterlife, I won’t be pleased.

Flag Post

One can make his/her own destiny. There are a few limitations, but even the greatest of plans is not without drawbacks – compromising is a logical necessity.

Depending on perspective, immortality is a classic example of the archetypal double-entendre. If you can make use of a few more years in living, then sure: there is no reason not to. However, if your only intention to gain immortality is to refrain from dying, then you’re making a terrible mistake – immortality, as soon as it has lost its novelty, will return to unceasingly haunt you as bees track pollen

Flag Post
Originally posted by simeng:

One can make his/her own destiny. There are a few limitations, but even the greatest of plans is not without drawbacks – compromising is a logical necessity.

Depending on perspective, immortality is a classic example of the archetypal double-entendre. If you can make use of a few more years in living, then sure: there is no reason not to. However, if your only intention to gain immortality is to refrain from dying, then you’re making a terrible mistake – immortality, as soon as it has lost its novelty, will return to unceasingly haunt you as bees track pollen

Ther’es an XKCD comic: guy shows up on a vast desert, doesn’t need to drink or eat…and there are rocks. so what does he do?
He memorizes a list of turing-machine rules and makes a tape out of ROCKS.

Immortality is useless without INFINITE memory….which the guy from XKCD had access to.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fractalman:
Originally posted by simeng:

Ther’es an XKCD comic: guy shows up on a vast desert, doesn’t need to drink or eat…and there are rocks. so what does he do?
He memorizes a list of turing-machine rules and makes a tape out of ROCKS.

Immortality is useless without INFINITE memory….which the guy from XKCD had access to.

Was it really worth bumping a several month old topic just to reference an XKCD comic that we’ve probably all seen already and you didn’t even bother linking to?

Flag Post

A curse. the simplest example will be our parent. most of our parents don’t understand technology that exist now. and technology it self are advancing in a really fast pace. imagine if you are immortal, can you follow the development of technology? and this just one subject, there are many things that always change over time. for example: language, law, ethic, and many other.

Flag Post

It can be cool, but when the sun becomes a red giant I would be stuck on earth with absolutely nothing, and when all the stars in the universe die than I would remain in the dark empty universe for all eternity, so nah I think I would rather be mortal

Flag Post

Immortality would be great so long as there’s some painless, instants method of killing yourself. Some kind of escape plan from life. Otherwise it would suck.

Flag Post

I think Doctor Who already proved that immortality is a b!tch.

Flag Post

It would be a blessing,and a curse.

Flag Post

There can be only one.