Gay Marriage page 6

3390 posts

Flag Post

Is it also worth nothing my attitude towards homosexuality did not develop from my religion? I was not raised as a christian, you should know.

I don’t want it to be done, not only because it is wrong in the bible, but because it is also wrong in my mind.

Flag Post

Why can’t you take stoning in the bible as a metaphor? Because it wasn’t at the time it was written. It was not meant to be a metaphor.

Originally posted by GameCrazyKid:

Is it also worth nothing my attitude towards homosexuality did not develop from my religion? I was not raised as a christian, you should know.

I don’t want it to be done, not only because it is wrong in the bible, but because it is also wrong in my mind.

Any real reasons? In order to make something illegal there have to be real reasons that support that decision. Just saying: “It’s evil,” is not a justification.

Flag Post

And yet you can’t name the actual verse where the homosexuality injunction comes from. Like John 3:16. That’s a bible verse. Quoting some random part of some random bible just shows your ignorance of Christianity. Non-Denom Christianity is dumbed-down christianity…more so than the usual dumbness. Your beliefs come from a stew of various Christian beliefs passed into mainstream society. So you’re anti-gay because your religion tells you so…but you don’t even know why the bible forbids homosexual unions in the first place.

Flag Post

Why can I not take stoning sinners as a metaphor? If you look at the ethics of the time and how they relate to society now it would make plenty of sense.

Because to do that, would mean you would have to take into account that the ethics of the time are not the ethics of today. You would also have to take into account that there was a fertility cult competing for Jesus’ viewing public at the time, and many of the verses may have been laid down to deal with them exclusively.

You would have to sit down and take a long, hard look at things, and ask yourself that if doing something makes a person happy, does not harm anyone else, and does not detract from their worship of god – in fact if anything, fulfilled love makes it stronger – why would god wish you to deny all that?

Don’t reply please, that you cannot presume god’s will, because directly above you have stated it is your duty to presume god’s will, and take it unto yourself to judge instead of him. The door cannot swing both ways, Crazy. If you presume god’s will with some things, you must be able to presume god’s will for all things.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:

Why can’t you take stoning in the bible as a metaphor? Because it wasn’t at the time it was written. It was not meant to be a metaphor.

Any real reasons? In order to make something illegal there have to be real reasons that support that decision. Just saying: “It’s evil,” is not a justification.

I’m not saying my entire point is “it is evil” I was just explaining why I choose to do something about it.

At the time it wasn’t a metaphor. Do you now expect muslims to strike off the tips non-believers? I’ve heard many muslims say they take verses like that as a metaphor because they simply cannot be applied to the real world.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

Why can I not take stoning sinners as a metaphor? If you look at the ethics of the time and how they relate to society now it would make plenty of sense.

Because to do that, would mean you would have to take into account that the ethics of the time are not the ethics of today. You would also have to take into account that there was a fertility cult competing for Jesus’ viewing public at the time, and many of the verses may have been laid down to deal with them exclusively.

You would have to sit down and take a long, hard look at things, and ask yourself that if doing something makes a person happy, does not harm anyone else, and does not detract from their worship of god – in fact if anything, fulfilled love makes it stronger – why would god wish you to deny all that?

Don’t reply please, that you cannot presume god’s will, because directly above you have stated it is your duty to presume god’s will, and take it unto yourself to judge instead of him. The door cannot swing both ways, Crazy. If you presume god’s will with some things, you must be able to presume god’s will for all things.

So if a satanic church is proposed I am not allowed to say no? It doesn’t hurt me, it makes them happy, and doesn’t detract of my worship of god.

Flag Post

So if a satanic church is proposed I am not allowed to say no? It doesn’t hurt me, it makes them happy, and doesn’t detract of my worship of god.

You can say whatever you want to say! That doesnt mean that you would be in the right to actually, legally forbit then, thought.

Flag Post

You can say whatever you like. But you shouldn’t be able to keep them from existing.

(ninja’d)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Winnabago:

(ninja’d)

…. Why do you frequently post that at the end of your posts?

Flag Post

If a church of any religion other than your own is put up, what business is it of yours? Your people are not going to go to it, are they?

Would you rally against an occult altar being erected, on the grounds that it is not the same faith as you, and thus, light the torches and loose the dogs of war?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Winnabago:

(ninja’d)

…. Why do you frequently post that at the end of your posts?

Ninja’d means that someone posted more or less what you wanted to say before and you didn’t notice it in time before publishing your post.

I’m not saying my entire point is “it is evil” I was just explaining why I choose to do something about it.

So you choose to do something against people trying to become happy simply because you think that it is evil, without any real justification. Pretty unchristian if you ask me.

At the time it wasn’t a metaphor. Do you now expect muslims to strike off the tips non-believers? I’ve heard many muslims say they take verses like that as a metaphor because they simply cannot be applied to the real world.

OK, how are you going to decide what is meant literally and what not. Is god using telepathy to tell that to his believers or is it simply cherry picking. It sure sounds to me like the latter.

Flag Post

My gosh.

Love does not choose anything. If two people from the same sex love each-other a lot and want to marry, why shouldn’t they be allowed?

Doesn’t make much sense, considering the fact that, again, “love is blind”.

Flag Post

Would you rally against an occult altar being erected, on the grounds that it is not the same faith as you, and thus, lithe the torches and loose the dogs of war?

No, for I know nothing of occultism.

So you choose to do something against people trying to become happy simply because you think that it is evil, without any real justification. Pretty unchristian if you ask me.

OK, how are you going to decide what is meant literally and what not. Is god using telepathy to tell that to his believers or is it simply cherry picking. It sure sounds to me like the latter.

Everyone has their own interpretation of the bible. That is literally where denominations comes from. The Bible is taken differently by different people. I am doing no less than anyone that describes themselves as a Catholic, or a Lutheran, or whatever else.

Flag Post

So essentially GameCrazy’s argument is “I don’t like it, so nobody should be allowed to do it”.

In other news, I have banned the sale of broccoli “because it’s icky”

Flag Post

@ GameCrazyKid: That only devaluates the religious opinion even more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CanadianUbermen:

So essentially GameCrazy’s argument is “I don’t like it, so nobody should be allowed to do it”.

In other news, I have banned the sale of broccoli “because it’s icky”

A person with a trollface avatar trolling. Who could have seen that coming?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dartjat:

My gosh.

Love does not choose anything. If two people from the same sex love each-other a lot and want to marry, why shouldn’t they be allowed?

Doesn’t make much sense, considering the fact that, again, “love is blind”.

So does “love not choosing” go for mother and son’s too? Or how about Son and father?

EDIT: too many trolls trolling trolls

Flag Post

In your opinion.

Flag Post

So does this go for mother and son’s too? Or how about Son and father?

Yes, people aren’t guilty for the fact that they fell in love for someone that belongs to their own family

A person with a trollface avatar trolling

Flag Post

Would you rally against an occult altar being erected, on the grounds that it is not the same faith as you, and thus, lithe the torches and loose the dogs of war?

Do you honestly know anything of Satanism either? Yet you were citing a Satanist structure as an utterly ghastly thing, that you would have to do something about.

Flag Post

Do you honestly know anything of Satanism either? Yet you were citing a Satanist structure as an utterly ghastly thing, that you would have to do something about.

I think anyone with even the most basic knowledge of the Christian religion would know why Satan, and people who literally worship the DEVIL might understand why it is a bad thing.

Flag Post

In your opinion.

No, actually not. It is not very convincing if one Christian group says that gay marriage is against Christian doctrine and an other one says the exact opposite.
And read up on Satanism. There are many groups that don’t support slaughtering innocents and so on.

Flag Post

In your opinion.

No, actually not. It is not very convincing if one Christian group says that gay marriage is against Christian doctrine and an other one says the exact opposite.

But it is. There is no ifs, ands, or buts. It is probably one of the most straightforward quotes in the bible. Even reading it in larger context does not open up for other interpretation.

Anyone who says “God is ok with gay marriage” is a fool, (assuming they are speaking of the Christian God)

Flag Post

In your opinion.

But it is. There is no ifs, ands, or buts. It is probably one of the most straightforward quotes in the bible. Even reading it in larger context does not open up for other interpretation.

Anyone who says “God is ok with gay marriage” is a fool, (assuming they are speaking of the Christian God)

See, that’s the point. Some churches interpret this passage as historical commentary and not as God’s will. The fact that the bible is always being interpreted is one of the main factors why it cannot be used to justify actions.

Flag Post

In your opinion.

See, that’s the point. Some churches interpret this passage as historical commentary and not as God’s will.

The Bible is not merely a collection of stories, a collection of stories God hand picked to describe his will. Smdh.