Gay Marriage page 7

3421 posts

Flag Post

So god personally edited the bible stories and passages/whatever? Never knew that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GameCrazyKid:

I think anyone with even the most basic knowledge of the Christian religion would know why Satan, and people who literally worship the DEVIL might understand why it is a bad thing.

Funny thing is, many satanist religions (yes there are many) do not worship satan. So you are persecuting people on false belief – yet again.

Incidentally, if you saw this symbol on the floor, Crazy, of which religion would you believe it to be?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arbitor165:

So god personally edited the bible stories and passages/whatever? Never knew that.

No, facepalm. He did not edit them, he did not write them like an editorial. They all really happened, he chosed what was put in and what was not. Why do you think they all seem so… allegorical? Because God thought that those specific happenings are good examples of Himself in humanity.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:

@ GameCrazyKid: That only devaluates the religious opinion even more.

In your opinion.

No, actually not. It is not very convincing if one Christian group says that gay marriage is against Christian doctrine and an other one says the exact opposite.

But it is. There is no ifs, ands, or buts. It is probably one of the most straightforward quotes in the bible. Even reading it in larger context does not open up for other interpretation.

Anyone who says “God is ok with gay marriage” is a fool, (assuming they are speaking of the Christian God)

And what of the bible verse that says you should not call others a fool?
GameCrazyKid… you are very very very hypocritical

Flag Post

@GKC

If that’s true then cite where the verse came from. If you can’t even do that, you’re just soaking up fundie vibes from US culture without a fucking clue why homosexuality was banned in the first place.

Also, you don’t have to be a scholar to know that MAN wrote and assembled the bible, not God.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

I think anyone with even the most basic knowledge of the Christian religion would know why Satan, and people who literally worship the DEVIL might understand why it is a bad thing.

Funny thing is, many satanist religions (yes there are many) do not worship satan. So you are persecuting people on false belief – yet again.

Incidentally, if you saw this symbol on the floor, Crazy, of which religion would you believe it to be?

Im not sure. A satanist pentagram is upside down.

Flag Post

You do realize that god didn’t actually write the bible, rite?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:

If that’s true then cite where the verse came from. If you can’t even do that, you’re just soaking up fundie vibes from US culture without a fucking clue why homosexuality was banned in the first place.

It was my own belief. A belief based on a certain prophet asking God to blot him out of his holy book. Which led me to believe what I had just said. There is more pointing to it, but I do not care if you think I am making it up.

Flag Post

The way I was told he came to someone and told him what to write? Or something along those lines. I don’t know the bible by heart I’ve only read it 2 times. And it is quite a large book.

Flag Post

Well that’s a better response than I expected. I’d expected you to say you would spit on it or something.

But it illustrates my other point quite nicely. Since you say a Satanist pentogram is upside down, you must surely know what the right-way up one is, and where it comes from? Surely?

Flag Post

Uh, what. Is there actually anything in the bible that backs that up? I was pretty certain it was just dudes commenting on religious shit. Or something to that effect, too tired to be eloquent.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pacaholic:

@ GameCrazyKid: That only devaluates the religious opinion even more.

In your opinion.

No, actually not. It is not very convincing if one Christian group says that gay marriage is against Christian doctrine and an other one says the exact opposite.

But it is. There is no ifs, ands, or buts. It is probably one of the most straightforward quotes in the bible. Even reading it in larger context does not open up for other interpretation.

Anyone who says “God is ok with gay marriage” is a fool, (assuming they are speaking of the Christian God)

And what of the bible verse that says you should not call others a fool?
GameCrazyKid… you are very very very hypocritical

Oh yes, because all Christians are completely without sin. Do you think I’m Jesus or something?

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

Well that’s a better response than I expected. I’d expected you to say you would spit on it or something.

But it illustrates my other point quite nicely. Since you say a Satanist pentogram is upside down, you must surely know what the right-way up one is, and where it comes from? Surely?

Pagans, I think. But don’t quote me on it.

Flag Post

The Bible is not merely a collection of stories, a collection of stories God hand picked to describe his will. Smdh.

Yeah… God… In form of a few groups of people deciding on what should stay and what should go… Yeah…

The way I was told he came to someone and told him what to write? Or something along those lines. I don’t know the bible by heart I’ve only read it 2 times. And it is quite a large book.

That kinda was the Mormon Bible.

Flag Post

GameCrazyKid, ur profile says u were banned for being under 13 before.

EDIT: ahh okay that explains why you account is no longer banned.

EDIT: I pointed out long ago that GCK was hypocritical and most people (except for 2) just ignored it because they have a distasteful opinion of me. I’m glad now you all see or at least point out the sillyness of his beliefs.

Flag Post

GameCrazyKid, ur profile says u were banned for being under 13 before. So are you like 13 now? Are we trying to have a serious debate with a 13 year old who has been indoctrinated to believe something and has so far shown zero open mindedness? Just curious.

I noticed this a few days ago, and is why I’ve been refraining from arguing with him too much. Still, to be fair, we shouldn’t just dismiss what he says because of his age. At the least, he has better grammar than many 13 year olds on the site.

Flag Post

GameCrazyKid, ur profile says u were banned for being under 13 before. So are you like 13 now? Are we trying to have a serious debate with a 13 year old who has been indoctrinated to believe something and has so far shown zero open mindedness? Just curious.

No, actually, I said I was 12 sarcastically and I was reported for it. I then emailed the admin, outlining the guidelines I was told were broken and stated that I have not broken any of the said guidelines.

The admin, (who I think was female) replied with “The COPPA law states that users under 13 cannot chat on the internet. But since you are clearly not 13 I shall lift your ban, please do not joke about those kinds of things in the future.”

EDIT PS: Also, if you are really going to use such… such a pathetic ad hominem, I ask that you do what you said you would do and stop interacting with me.

Flag Post

Oh, well good.

Anyways, back on topic! Still waiting for Crazy to reply to several of these posts here.

Edit: You’re really gonna bitch about his ad hominem (and he didn’t really dismiss your arguments either) after just ignoring a post because you claimed he was a “troll”?

Flag Post

Oh, well good.

Anyways, back on topic! Still waiting for Crazy to reply to several of these posts here.

When people ask me to post Bible verses I say no. Why? I am not a priest. If you want to know, read the bible, because if I were to post a singular verse out of context you may or may not gather from it what God wanted you to. Which is why it is so easy to scapegoat the Bible, with Out of Context verses.

Flag Post

Oh, well good.

Edit: You’re really gonna bitch about his ad hominem (and he didn’t really dismiss your arguments either) after just ignoring a post because you claimed he was a “troll”?

Before he editted it, it said something along the lines of “Are we really arguing with a 13 year old that was previously indoctrinated for…”

I cant remember what he said after that, but I dont really care. I stopped reading and made my edit.

Flag Post

Oh, well good.

When people ask me to post Bible verses I say no. Why? I am not a priest. If you want to know, read the bible, because if I were to post a singular verse out of context you may or may not gather from it what God wanted you to. Which is why it is so easy to scapegoat the Bible, with Out of Context verses.

Why is what God wants us to do the government’s issue, not the church’s issue?

Flag Post

Oh, well good.

So then GCK, I say the bible not only allows Gay marriage, It actually says that Gay marriage is the better type of marriage.

Now with your logic, I don’t have to show you the versus where I came up with that.

Flag Post

Oh, well good.

So then GCK, I say the bible not only allows Gay marriage, It actually says that Gay marriage is the better type of marriage.

Now with your logic, I don’t have to show you the versus where I came up with that.

Yes, you don’t. What I have to do is go and get a verse to prove you wrong. Thats how it works.

—Genesis 1:27 (NKJV)

“And the LORD God said, ‘It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.’ Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. And Adam said: ‘This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.’ Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.”

And also JESUS said this:

And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

Flag Post

On the quote that says you shouldn’t lie with a man as you would a woman, here’s a nice explanation: Women were seen as less than human back in the day. So, lying with a man as a woman would be treating someone like a woman, which was incredibly disrespectful. Seeing as gay sex isn’t inherently disrespectful to either party, it does not apply. QED.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Winnabago:

On the quote that says you shouldn’t lie with a man as you would a woman, here’s a nice explanation: Women were seen as less than human back in the day. So, lying with a man as a woman would be treating someone like a woman, which was incredibly disrespectful. Seeing as gay sex isn’t inherently disrespectful to either party, it does not apply. QED.

Well, if that is your interpretation of it that is fine. But other quotes disagree with that interpretation, so I will kindly disregard it.

PS: How would lying fit into that anyways? It would be something more attributed to “treat a man as you would a woman”