Feminism and Sexual Equality page 8

353 posts

Flag Post

I don’t deny being a feminist, and I place strict limits on abortion. Well, there goes your theory Beegum.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

I don’t deny being a feminist, and I place strict limits on abortion. Well, there goes your theory Beegum.

So, you think that parents need to consent to abortions? To birth control?

Of course, this is still far afield from women who do not believe that abortion should even be condoned by the state.

Flag Post

When you say the parents need to consent, I presume you mean the couple who had sex to create the fetus in the first place. I cannot think of anyone else whose consent is absolutely paramount.

Of course, this is still far afield from women who do not believe that abortion should even be condoned by the state.

Everyone’s an individual. Every individual has different opinions and stances.

Flag Post

When you say the parents need to consent, I presume you mean the couple who had sex to create the fetus in the first place. I cannot think of anyone else whose consent is absolutely paramount.

Everyone’s an individual. Every individual has different opinions and stances.

So, what you’re saying is that you do not believe that minors need a parent’s consent to take female steroids and have operations on their reproductive organs… and you still bothered to question my assertion based on your own views?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Beegum:

So, what you’re saying is that you do not believe that minors need a parent’s consent to take female steroids and have operations on their reproductive organs… and you still bothered to question my assertion based on your own views?

I tell you what, why don’t I drop out of this debate, and you continue making up shit on your own, strawmanning my arguments out of nowhere.

At the end of the day you can post your conclusions and tell me what my opinions are. You’ll clearly be happier that way.

Flag Post

I tell you what, why don’t I drop out of this debate, and you continue making up shit on your own, strawmanning my arguments out of nowhere.

At the end of the day you can post your conclusions and tell me what my opinions are. You’ll clearly be happier that way.

The inability to compromise on ‘lady parts’ issues greatly decreases your ability to come to a consensus on issues with more common appeal. Also, I doubt you would grant the father the ability to keep a child from being aborted or to force an abortion.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:

You might want to name some examples. I know plenty of feminists – NONE of them, even the ones with views I severely disagree with, believe that, even implicitly.

Feminism is dominated by issues regarding sexual liberation.

And…? I’m waiting for you to give me some names of these supposed feminazis. Realizing, of course, that there is a rather sizable difference between ‘sexual liberation’ and a female-dominated society with no sexual guilt.

I’m starting to think – unbelievably – that Karma sized you up pretty well in the gay marriage thread.

Flag Post

You might want to name some examples. I know plenty of feminists – NONE of them, even the ones with views I severely disagree with, believe that, even implicitly.

Feminism is dominated by issues regarding sexual liberation.

And…? I’m waiting for you to give me some names of these supposed feminazis. Realizing, of course, that there is a rather sizable difference between ‘sexual liberation’ and a female-dominated society with no sexual guilt.

I’m starting to think – unbelievably – that Karma sized you up pretty well in the gay marriage thread.

Are you kidding? She agreed that she held exactly the positions that I asserted turned people off to the feminist movement of today. Actually, she disagreed, but then said she held those positions.

Flag Post

Who’s she? Vika? So you think Vika is “looking to give all women the power to act as men behaving badly.” And your evidence for this is things she didn’t say, but you cleverly inferred. Such as,

V: I place strict limits on abortion.

…must obviously mean,

B: So, you think that parents need to consent to abortions? To birth control?

…rather than, you know, that she believes there should be a hard limit on when you can get an abortion, twelve weeks I believe she’s said numerous times. You also add a non-sequitor about women who are against state-funded abortions. I won’t address it, although vika did, in a vague sort of way, simply because it has nothing to do with the immediate discussion. Let’s continue:

V: I presume you mean the couple who had sex to create the fetus in the first place. I cannot think of anyone else whose consent is absolutely paramount.

…which ACTUALLY means,

B: You do not believe that minors need a parent’s consent to take female steroids and have operations on their reproductive organs.

And, when she gets upset at your rather obvious attempt to cram words in her mouth, and she storms off (JUST LIKE A WOMAN, am I right?), you accuse her of being inflexible, unwilling to compromise with the apparent legions that think your position (on abortion, I suppose, given that the actual feminist argument has been completely derailed) is correct, and further suggest that, irrespective of anything Vika ACTUALLY said, she really only gives power to the mother, not the father, which allows you to spin the whole, ridiculous discussion as a win.

(applause)

You have a remarkable gift. I too, wish I could read minds with the apparent ease that you do, especially over the internet. I suspect Vika would also be interested in the technical properties, if such properties weren’t clogged full-to-brim with shit.

If you knew anything about feminism, you’d have been able to answer me: I wanted names of public feminists who are apparently amoral man-hating nazis in disguise. I am not interested in your despicable McCarthyism towards another SD poster, beyond pointing it out so others won’t just have Karma’s unreliable opinion to go on that you’re an unabashed cretin.

Flag Post

I presume you mean the couple who had sex to create the fetus in the first place. I cannot think of anyone else whose consent is absolutely paramount.

Flag Post

receiving the same rights is good.
but we are NOT the same.

also, men have a say too in abortion. if they want to abort a baby and the woman doesnt, then he should be allowed to sign off his responsibility permanentaly. and if he wants to keep it and the woman doesnt, then an agreement should be made, like for instance that the woman must keep the baby and the guy then must pay for the time till it births and then have sole custody, or something. this will have to do, until we make machines to do the birthing, and replacing that role of a woman.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

receiving the same rights is good.
but we are NOT the same.

also, men have a say too in abortion. if they want to abort a baby and the woman doesnt, then he should be allowed to sign off his responsibility permanentaly. and if he wants to keep it and the woman doesnt, then an agreement should be made, like for instance that the woman must keep the baby and the guy then must pay for the time till it births and then have sole custody, or something. this will have to do, until we make machines to do the birthing, and replacing that role of a woman.

Wouldnt that be pretty much equal to punishing the female for not aborting the fetus?

I mean, if the man had a active role in making the woman pregnant, he should also have a role in raising the damn child. While I believe the man should have some role in keeping the child or not, this kind of thing is to be discussed in the family itself. Legally, the right is essentially of the woman, and deemed as it is her body after all, it shall be kept that way. Hopefully, we can assume our society has the proper maturity to solve this kind of family issues without specific legislation on it.

Flag Post

I’m a male and identify as feminist. I think women are human beings and think they should be treated as such. I will fight against patriarchy, gender roles, rape culture and plain misogynist behavior whenever I can and will constantly push people around me to do the same.

None of us are free until all of us are free.

I also think that Beegum needs to stop mansplaining feminists what feminism is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sharangir:

I’m a male and identify as feminist. I think women are human beings and think they should be treated as such. I will fight against patriarchy, gender roles, rape culture and plain misogynist behavior whenever I can and will constantly push people around me to do the same.

Why not “identify” as an equalist?

Like you said “None of us are free until all of us are free”. So you should fight for “true” equality. Men are ALSO being oppressed. In fact, women actually have more rights than men and EVERYTHING favors them (airports, courts, etc.).

So, start fighting for mens rights too.

Here is a website that might help you out: avoiceformen.com

Flag Post

I think you need to read up on what feminism really is.

Flag Post

Like you said “None of us are free until all of us are free”. So you should fight for “true” equality. Men are ALSO being oppressed. In fact, women actually have more rights than men and EVERYTHING favors them (airports, courts, etc.).

Bullshit, men are not oppressed, they run the place. The MR movement is a hategroup that wants to remove rights for women and undermine all work the feminist movement has done. Now piss off and go hold rallies with the KKK about white rights and whine how multi-culturalism is ruining whitey’s world.

Flag Post

The young was raised in the notion of such inequalities…. Break the mold and equality should flow.

Flag Post

when did feminism become “social equality of the sexes” rather than “social equality of women to men”? feminism was about trying to make things better for women not for men.

Flag Post

Bullshit, men are not oppressed, they run the place. The MR movement is a hategroup that wants to remove rights for women and undermine all work the feminist movement has done. Now piss off and go hold rallies with the KKK about white rights and whine how multi-culturalism is ruining whitey’s world.

ahh the old strawman. anything that opposes modern feminism is a hate group. I’m involved with the MR and can tell you they are not a hate group at all, this is a common troll tactic by feminists. “rape culture” and “patriarchy” are also feminist nonsense too. before you scream at me “YOU’RE A MAN YOU HAVE NO PROBLEMS”, I’d like to point out I’m a disabled, overweight, ginger female. MR does not wish to remove women’s rights, the trolls in the group go along with that but they don’t. they want women to vote, have their say, etc. but they don’t see feminism as the solution to their problems. tell me how all that attention and money being thrown at breast cancer and pink ribbons but hardly any at prostate cancer is equal? or all those battered women’s shelters but hardly any battered men’s shelters is equal? courts favour the mother in custody cases even if she’s a crazy bitch. men are not covered by many US rape laws and the laws often say rape is only man-on-woman, women can’t rape men and men can’t be raped by other men.

recommended reading read everything, look the comments. read the FAQ.

Flag Post

Murder_Machine:

Have you ever considered that there are more women’s shelters than men’s because men are expected to be dominant and strong? Or that courts favour mothers in custody cases because women are expected to be caregivers? Many of the issues that men face are the effects of the rigid gender roles that come with patriarchy. Men are expected to be strong and non-expressive of emotion, while women are weaker and care for children. Patriarchy doesn’t just harm women – gender roles are harmful to many people. Many feminists understand that gender roles/expectations underpin sexism towards women and the inequality that some men face.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLoneLucas:

I think you need to read up on what feminism really is.

Aha…there ya go.

I couldn’t agree more (esp since I, back a few days, posted the REAL definition of feminism) w/ ya TLL. It’s all nice to “argue” w/ MurMach….it gives us SEers something to do. BUT, down deep, we know we aren’t gonna knock off even one small turd from this bullshit mountain of ridiculous misogynist’s manufactured & nursed POV.

I think Sharangir gave a fine view of this and make a very good comparison about how the ranks of the anit-feminists, ya know…femiNazies, are filled w/ the blatantly nut-jobs as are the KKK & skin heads.

Just look at how ParaNoir had to correct him on some rather idiotic positions of his.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Murder_Machine:

ahh the old strawman. anything that opposes modern feminism is a hate group. I’m involved with the MR and can tell you they are not a hate group at all, this is a common troll tactic by feminists. “rape culture” and “patriarchy” are also feminist nonsense too. before you scream at me “YOU’RE A MAN YOU HAVE NO PROBLEMS

Who said men have no problems? Men face plenty of problems. I said men are not oppressed. None of the problems that men have are caused by being oppressed as a man.
, I’d like to point out I’m a disabled, overweight, ginger female.

Okay?

MR does not wish to remove women’s rights, the trolls in the group go along with that but they don’t. they want women to vote, have their say, etc. but they don’t see feminism as the solution to their problems. tell me how all that attention and money being thrown at breast cancer and pink ribbons but hardly any at prostate cancer is equal?

Tell me how men not caring about their prostate cancer problems is feminism's fault? Or cause of men being oppressed? Maybe they should raise awareness instead of complaining about how other people are raising awareness for their problems.

or all those battered women’s shelters but hardly any battered men’s shelters is equal?

The majority of domestic violence victims are females, these females needed a shelter, a shelter has been provided by females for females. Despite of all the men SABOTAGING THE EFFORTS AND DISMISSING THE SERIOUSNESS OF IT.

courts favour the mother in custody cases even if she’s a crazy bitch.

No they don't. And even if they did, women being viewed as the primary caregiver is internalized misogyny, a problem caused by patriarchy. Who wants to get rid of patriarchy? Feminism.

men are not covered by many US rape laws and the laws often say rape is only man-on-woman, women can’t rape men and men can’t be raped by other men.

This one is partly true. The rape definition is the following: The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.

What does this cover? This covers man-on-woman, man-on-man, and woman-on-man with objects but not envelopment, and woman-on-woman with objects but not without penetration.

So what does this mean? This means that society thinks women aren't capable of committing rape. In other words: this stems from internalized misogyny and this problem can be tackled by smashing patriarchy. Which movement addresses patriarchy? Still feminism. MR movement still denies its existence.

Oh, I know about the subreddit. How do you think I know it's a hategroup? I just made it up? No, their backwards thinking appears everywhere. Pretending that men are oppressed is much easier than giving up sexist behavior, so the MR movement got really popular on reddit. They're not a rights movement, they're a take-other-people's-rights-away Movement.
And there's also this: http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2012/spring/misogyny-the-sites

Also, remember when that subreddit wanted to start a debate between MR and feminists, but seeing as that's the same shit as organizing a debate between the KKK and the civil-rights movement, no feminist was going to show up.. So they decided to let other MR people argue for the feminists? Yeah, haha, sounds like the exact definition of a circle jerk to me.

Here's some more jewels:
http://manboobz.com/2012/08/19/mens-rights-redditors-we-dont-mind-your-racist-hysteria-but-dont-you-ever-try-to-creep-shame-us/
http://manboobz.com/2012/08/18/redditors-gamer-girls-need-to-stop-complaining-about-being-called-sluts-and-whores/
http://manboobz.com/2012/08/16/girlwriteswhat-on-the-necessity-of-domestic-violence-i-dont-really-find-too-much-thats-seriously-ethically-questionable/

Flag Post

ahh the old strawman. anything that opposes modern feminism is a hate group. I’m involved with the MR and can tell you they are not a hate group at all, this is a common troll tactic by feminists. “rape culture” and “patriarchy” are also feminist nonsense too. before you scream at me “YOU’RE A MAN YOU HAVE NO PROBLEMS

Who said men have no problems? Men face plenty of problems. I said men are not oppressed. None of the problems that men have are caused by being oppressed as a man.

Okay?

MR does not wish to remove women’s rights, the trolls in the group go along with that but they don’t. they want women to vote, have their say, etc. but they don’t see feminism as the solution to their problems. tell me how all that attention and money being thrown at breast cancer and pink ribbons but hardly any at prostate cancer is equal?

Tell me how men not caring about their prostate cancer problems is feminism's fault? Or cause of men being oppressed? Maybe they should raise awareness instead of complaining about how other people are raising awareness for their problems.

or all those battered women’s shelters but hardly any battered men’s shelters is equal?

The majority of domestic violence victims are females, these females needed a shelter, a shelter has been provided by females for females. Despite of all the men SABOTAGING THE EFFORTS AND DISMISSING THE SERIOUSNESS OF IT.

No they don't. And even if they did, women being viewed as the primary caregiver is internalized misogyny, a problem caused by patriarchy. Who wants to get rid of patriarchy? Feminism.

men are not covered by many US rape laws and the laws often say rape is only man-on-woman, women can’t rape men and men can’t be raped by other men.

This one is partly true. The rape definition is the following: The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.

What does this cover? This covers man-on-woman, man-on-man, and woman-on-man with objects but not envelopment, and woman-on-woman with objects but not without penetration.

So what does this mean? This means that society thinks women aren't capable of committing rape. In other words: this stems from internalized misogyny and this problem can be tackled by smashing patriarchy. Which movement addresses patriarchy? Still feminism. MR movement still denies its existence.

Oh, I know about the subreddit. How do you think I know it's a hategroup? I just made it up? No, their backwards thinking appears everywhere. Pretending that men are oppressed is much easier than giving up sexist behavior, so the MR movement got really popular on reddit. They're not a rights movement, they're a take-other-people's-rights-away Movement.
And there's also this: http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2012/spring/misogyny-the-sites

Also, remember when that subreddit wanted to start a debate between MR and feminists, but seeing as that's the same shit as organizing a debate between the KKK and the civil-rights movement, no feminist was going to show up.. So they decided to let other MR people argue for the feminists? Yeah, haha, sounds like the exact definition of a circle jerk to me.

Here's some more jewels:
http://manboobz.com/2012/08/19/mens-rights-redditors-we-dont-mind-your-racist-hysteria-but-dont-you-ever-try-to-creep-shame-us/
http://manboobz.com/2012/08/18/redditors-gamer-girls-need-to-stop-complaining-about-being-called-sluts-and-whores/
http://manboobz.com/2012/08/16/girlwriteswhat-on-the-necessity-of-domestic-violence-i-dont-really-find-too-much-thats-seriously-ethically-questionable/
women in the Western world are not oppressed if men aren't.i would agree with manboobz, girl gamers should stop whining that people are calling them names. learn to ignore it. i copped abuse for being female when i started gaming but did i cry to everyone how it's the fault of men? no, i ignored it or trolled them back. Give me actual proof it is a hate group out to "undo" women's rights. show me all the proof that feminism, which is abvout making things better for FEMALES will solve all MALE problems. You decided it was a hategroup because you are buying in to bullshit. I have not seen anything hateful besides the occasional Manhood Academy troll who gets told to bugger off. How is campaigning for men's rights taking away your rights as a woman? I have not seen any evidence besides a link to South Poverty Law Center. SPLC is full of shit. i've been involved with MR for a while. I don't see any "conspiracy theories". they don't get "angry" at anything designed to help women, they bemoan a lack of services for men. tell me why there are so many battered women's shelters, so much help for women, but if a man wants help he has to go sleep on the street? patriarchy is used as an excuse for everything with you feminists. I have not seen any proof that a voice for men, the spearhead or /r/MensRights is a hate group. you know what happens when men try to draw attention to their problems? feminists chime in "hey we have vaginas therefore you have no problems, stop being sexist!" why is it ok for feminists to scream sexism and misogyny at everything but if a man feels he is being discriminated against for being a guy everyone calls him sexist?

Flag Post

Okay?

Here's some more jewels:
nobody in the MR dismisses domestic violence they want people to acknowledge that they are victims too. if battered women need a shelter why don't battered men? If you're so concerned about "smashing partiarchy" why not join MR and help them get rid of such nonsense? I bet you're one of those tumblr feminists who has never had to complain about not being allowed to wear trousers to class or losing their job because they got married. I am an egalitarian, I believe in equal rights for all regardless of gender. i support rights for men, women, intersex, trans, etc. since you gave a site pissing about supposed misogyny websites here's one that exposes misandric sites. http://antimisandry.com/feminist-flipside/misandry-sites-wont-back-up-their-lies-1239.html#axzz2A6Zh4QbU oh that's right anything that isn't feminist is hateful and must be smashed. typical.

Flag Post

Sharangir:The law says that it’s okay for women to rape men. Obviously that indicates that they think women can’t rape men, therefore they’re biased towards men.

OR MAYBE IT’S BECAUSE THEY’RE BIASED TOWARDS WOMEN BECAUSE THEY ALLOW THEM TO RAPE WHOMEVER THEY LIKE