Suicide page 2

191 posts

Flag Post

Hypocrites weren’t born that way, so think next time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheKnifeGrinder:
Originally posted by tenco1:

i am not american so i don t understand your BRILLIANT jokes, i guess you tried to say i went off-topic?

I think you might have quoted the wrong thing, but still “Pot calling the kettle black” is a saying that signifies hypocrisy , or someone being a hypocrite.

p.s this is not off-topi this is serious discussion. do you understand irrelevantIrony maps? Keep exercising.. but don t call me. lol

He’s just trolling/living up to his user name.

EDIT: I forgot about the map “joke” that I made, it means that he (silverclue) completely missed the point that was being made and therefore he needs a map to find it.

ah so why i should be a hypocrite?

You were criticizing him about how he thinks life is a game and you asked if he was 10 (or 5).

Flag Post

i am not american so i don t understand your BRILLIANT jokes, i guess you tried to say i went off-topic?

I think you might have quoted the wrong thing, but still “Pot calling the kettle black” is a saying that signifies hypocrisy , or someone being a hypocrite.

p.s this is not off-topi this is serious discussion. do you understand irrelevantIrony maps? Keep exercising.. but don t call me. lol

He’s just trolling/living up to his user name.

EDIT: I forgot about the map “joke” that I made, it means that he (silverclue) completely missed the point that was being made and therefore he needs a map to find it.

ah so why i should be a hypocrite?

You were criticizing him about how he thinks life is a game and you asked if he was 10 (or 5).

Do you care to explain the point I missed? (There’s a thing called different interpretations) That would be greatly appreciated. I like the fact you base your assumptions on a user name. Next time try to be more clear ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by silverclue12:

I like the fact you base your assumptions on a user name.

Notice how I also said he’s just trolling, and given his style of posting and his username (IrrelevantIrony) it wouldn’t be a stretch to think that he is trolling in a way that is similar to his username.

Next time try to be more clear ;)

Meh, that’s just how I roll; Cryptic.

Really? Has suicide being illegal stopped most people from achieving death?

Of course not, where did he say that?

If you have a bar in your house and attach yourself to it with a noose around your neck, will the police suddenly be alerted that a person is attempting suicide?

Maybe, if someone found out someone was trying to an hero.

Since when has police ever stopped suicide when it’s not public?

since when did not knowing about something translate to not caring about it?

Being illegal doesn’t mean no one breaks it. It’s just foolish to even think about that.

Which is why he didn’t say that.

“kind God would send you to a place to eternally suffer” Build upon this. Your statement is too broad and I can only assume from what you say.

He means that the Christian God is supposed to be kind and compassionate, but he would send someone to Hell, where they would suffer for the rest of forever, because they killed themselves, possibly because of a serious medical condition, or in the case of younger people, depression.

So, are you saying that God sent a person to earth to suffer?
What things could he or she possibly suffer from? Poverty, illness, hate, etc., are all aspects of different people’s life. Where is the eternal part in this?

Okay, I think we’ve gotten to the heart of the problem, you just misunderstood what he meant, he meant that God would sent someone from Earth to Hell.

Where is the eternal suffering from this when God has proclaimed a spot for the person in heaven as long as he has faith. Therefor there is no flaw. The only flaw there is, is the person’s point of view on life itself.

And what if the person is an Atheist, or just follows a different religion? /irrelevant

Flag Post

Indy,

Those are some interesting points you bring up, but I tend to think suicide is a huge, irreversible decision not to be taken lightly. It is, after all, murder of self. But the biggest thing about suicide that the victims don’t really consider is that:

(a) No man is an island, and your suicide is extremely hard on your family—especially children, if you have them. Since more than one person is involved, this makes it something of a selfish decision.
(b) The right environment, support, medication, therapy, etc. should be exhausted to see if this is a temporary thing, a phase that can be perservered.

Flag Post

Having your family force you to stay alive is rather selfish as well, no?

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLoneLucas:

Having your family force you to stay alive is rather selfish as well, no?

Yes Lucas it is somewhat selfish, but that is only if the misery is all consuming and a long term thing. It could be argued that if the person has children, it is much more selfish of them to “check out”, since they have a responsibility to someone other than themselves. The family, if they care, could also help this person seek the assistance they need.

Flag Post

@tenco1 Thank you for the explanation. For your first quote from me, I felt as though you assumed I was a troller :I “He’s just trolling/living up to his user name.” was followed with my name so I assumed (lots of assumptions huh?) that it was also referring to me.

As for the rest, he wasn’t specific to anything at any one point so I assumed and brought myself to a conclusion based on what he wrote. Of course there is a lot of assumptions that could be made and I just made the wrong one ;D

Flag Post

@tenco1 Thank you for the explanation. For your first quote from me, I felt as though you assumed I was a troller :I “He’s just trolling/living up to his user name.” was followed with my name so I assumed (lots of assumptions huh?) that it was also referring to me.

I guess I should have made more of an attempt at clarifying that my edit had nothing to do with the previous line.

As for the rest, he wasn’t specific to anything at any one point so I assumed and brought myself to a conclusion based on what he wrote. Of course there is a lot of assumptions that could be made and I just made the wrong one ;D

Which person are you reffering to, Knife, Irony, or Indy? (I’m guessing Indy, but that’s kind of how this whole mess happened.)

Flag Post

I guess I should have made more of an attempt at clarifying that my edit had nothing to do with the previous line.

Which person are you reffering to, Knife, Irony, or Indy? (I’m guessing Indy, but that’s kind of how this whole mess happened.)

Haha true. I’m referring to Indy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:

Indy,

Those are some interesting points you bring up, but I tend to think suicide is a huge, irreversible decision not to be taken lightly. It is, after all, murder of self. But the biggest thing about suicide that the victims don’t really consider is that:

(a) No man is an island, and your suicide is extremely hard on your family—especially children, if you have them. Since only one person is involved, this makes it something of a selfish decision.
(b) The right environment, support, medication, therapy, etc. should be exhausted to see if this is a temporary thing, a phase that can be perservered.

This could been in the Abortion thread with only a couple of changes. Nice

Fixed…

Those are some interesting points you bring up, but I tend to think abortion is a huge, irreversible decision not to be taken lightly. It is, after all, murder of a human being. But the biggest thing about abortion that the victims don’t really consider is that
(a) No woman is an island, and your abortion is extremely hard on your family—especially other children, if you have them. Since only one person is involved, the baby, this makes it something of a selfish decision.

Flag Post

This is suicide, not abortion. Similarities (as with everything) but that’s not the point of discussion here.

Flag Post

This is true. I was out of line, please forgive me. :) What are you doing up so late?

Flag Post

I’m always up late. It’s hard to sleep at night and stay awake during the day.

Flag Post

I know, I know… I don’t do enough during the day to make me tired.

Flag Post

No man is an island,

Proof?

Flag Post
Originally posted by velricreize:

No man is an island,

Proof?

Of what?

Flag Post

LOL!

Flag Post

No man is an island,

Proof?

Of what?

What about the Isle of Man??

Flag Post
Originally posted by tubeway:

No man is an island,

Proof?

Of what?

What about the Isle of Man??

Lesbo Island is a better place.. if you can pass through the Amazons Naked guards prohibiting access to men lol

EDIT: It s in the Greek Archipelago.

Flag Post

Indy,

(a) No man is an island, and your suicide is extremely hard on your family—especially children, if you have them. Since more than one person is involved, this makes it something of a selfish decision.

Those are good points, it does affect your family and that is something to think about. I think if you have kids you should keep yourself alive for them, because they are your responsibility, but besides that I don’t think your family should hold you back, but defiantly a thing to consider.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBaron:
Originally posted by iMachine:

But the progression of life is the goal.

According to whom?

Existentialism is for morons.

What a convincing argument.

Flag Post

Pardon me for retorting with the same conviction you use. But hey, if you think progression of life is meaningless, feel free to take yours. You won’t. And you know why? Because existentialism is a stupid excuse for a philosophy, and you’re doing little more than espousing an idea that you neither comprehend, nor truly believe.

Flag Post

Pardon me for retorting with the same conviction you use.

At least I try to use arguments that back up my claims, as opposed to the baseless claims you make in your post.

But hey, if you think progression of life is meaningless, feel free to take yours.

Working on it.

You won’t. And you know why? Because existentialism is a stupid excuse for a philosophy, and you’re doing little more than espousing an idea that you neither comprehend, nor truly believe.

If you say so.