Suicide page 6

191 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Indy111:
Originally posted by silverclue12:

So as a Solipsist, you find yourself interacting with your subconscious like we (technically your subconscious) interact with out dreams. You cannot manipulate the illusions you see, but it still caters to what you would think you would want. So do you believe you live forever? Since a subconscious has no limitations, why would there be a set age? Or do you believe that you go to an eternal sleep and never wake? Why would suicide be relevant to yourself and why can or can you not take your own life since your body is just a figment of your imagination.

Well; 1. I treat life hypothetically, so I can still act like you truly have a mind. 2. Yes, I live forever, possibly unconsciously. 3. My body won’t be alive, but I’ll always be. I see no point to suicide anyways (for me).

During the state in which your host body is gone, what will happen accordingly?

Flag Post

So as a Solipsist, you find yourself interacting with your subconscious like we (technically your subconscious) interact with out dreams. You cannot manipulate the illusions you see, but it still caters to what you would think you would want. So do you believe you live forever? Since a subconscious has no limitations, why would there be a set age? Or do you believe that you go to an eternal sleep and never wake? Why would suicide be relevant to yourself and why can or can you not take your own life since your body is just a figment of your imagination.

Well; 1. I treat life hypothetically, so I can still act like you truly have a mind. 2. Yes, I live forever, possibly unconsciously. 3. My body won’t be alive, but I’ll always be. I see no point to suicide anyways (for me).

I don’t know.

Flag Post

I don’t know.

Isn’t that something to fear: the unknown?

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

I don’t know.

Isn’t that something to fear: the unknown?

Why would you fear something you are unaware of? Unless you are paranoid.

Flag Post

I don’t think paranoia has anything to do with the fear of the unknown. Hehe a thought occurred to me as I write this. It is not like inception for a Solipsist. Do you remember how your reality started?

Flag Post

I don’t think paranoia has anything to do with the fear of the unknown. Hehe a thought occurred to me as I write this. It is not like inception for a Solipsist. Do you remember how your reality started?

No, but the memories are there. It is similar to the belief of “God” that it always existed. My mind is omnipotent, and has always existed. However I only know/remember recent years of my life that is “birth” It is possible things like WW2 happened, I don’t see why it would need to happen but it is very possible all that history did happen (by my subconscious of course). I don’t know, and frankly it doesn’t matter.

Flag Post

No, but the memories are there. It is similar to the belief of “God” that it always existed. My mind is omnipotent, and has always existed. However I only know/remember recent years of my life that is “birth” It is possible things like WW2 happened, I don’t see why it would need to happen but it is very possible all that history did happen (by my subconscious of course). I don’t know, and frankly it doesn’t matter.

From the beginning, I doubt you had the belief you were a Solipsist. Were you interested in it and therefore, created a revelation or were you introduced to it. And, if there is more Solipsists, do they think that you are a Solipsist as well or see you as an illusion?

Flag Post

From the beginning, I doubt you had the belief you were a Solipsist. Were you interested in it and therefore, created a revelation or were you introduced to it. And, if there is more Solipsists, do they think that you are a Solipsist as well or see you as an illusion?

It occurred to myself, nothing on T.V. or the internet brought it to me, I then looked up if there was a name for the belief that only I existed. Also; I made my own thread about this in OT to continue, let’s get back to suicide discussion for here.

Flag Post

Where were we?

Flag Post

Where were we?

Suicide; is it a right, or a crime?

Flag Post

Where were we?

Suicide; is it a right, or a crime?

My response will be posted tomorrow. For now, I believe in neither.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zztruemonkey:

Life is just a game in which has no objective but to survive.

Since it’s a game; Suicide is just like ‘forfeiting’ the game.
Besides, I believe you’ll just restart all over again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wargamer1000:

You believe in reincarnation?

Flag Post

Kind of obvious, no?

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

Kind of obvious, no?

It was mostly to start a discussion about this, but sorry if I pointed out the obvious :P

Flag Post

My opinion: Choosing suicide is sad, but you should not be stopped from it. It shows a pain that no rescuing can solve. Therefore, we try to convince them otherwise, but if they choose to end their pain, that is up to them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

My opinion: Choosing suicide is sad, but you should not be stopped from it. It shows a pain that no rescuing can solve. Therefore, we try to convince them otherwise, but if they choose to end their pain, that is up to them.

The problem is, in things like insane asylums, they prevent you from doing so, straitjackets for instance are mad so you can’t hurt yourself. (Or others). It is torture.

Flag Post

Something tells me you guys don’t understand depression, suicidal thoughts, or anything to do with illnesses of the mind, really.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBaron:

Something tells me you guys don’t understand depression, suicidal thoughts, or anything to do with illnesses of the mind, really.

Care to explain? Since you know all about it, after all.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Not really. I’ll just let you wallow in your filthy ignorance. But I am feeling generous – ask me how I know you never read anything about straitjackets, nor their utility.

I would, but I have. I don’t see the point to judging others on something you can’t do yourself. “You’re ignorant lolololol” And then you can’t say anything to it, because you simply do not or can not come up with anything to disagree.

Flag Post

Knowing about straitjackets, the difference in spelling from straight is something that sticks with you. Care to lie more?

Flag Post

Knowing about straitjackets, the difference in spelling from straight is something that sticks with you. Care to lie more?

To lie you have to be self aware, you mean “mistaken”.

Flag Post

You weren’t aware you hadn’t read about straitjackets? Are you suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder, by any chance?

Flag Post

You weren’t aware you hadn’t read about straitjackets? Are you suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder, by any chance?

Nope. But I’ve always thought that would be cool/interesting. (Not kidding)