Suicide page 7

191 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Indy111:

I’m sure you all know it is. But, the “point” of this thread is to see what you think of it. It may seem weird, or maybe you will agree with me on this, but I think suicide should be allowed.

Some reasons why: My perhaps strongest argument here is that life, seen as being very precious is perhaps not as precious as it is perceived. I personally believe that after death you become another being (Whether it be another human or a different type of animal), now regardless of what you believe in, to you life is your choice. I believe it is YOUR choice of whether YOU should live or die.

Now, some of you may say that a lot of kids are just depressed for a short time, and that is true and I think that kids should never commit suicide because; 1. It can and often times do get better. 2. They are young and don’t know all that well about it and all though they can’t truly regret it, it would seem to most people like they shouldn’t have. But in the case that someone is in incurable terrible pain; even one that can have therapy but the pain never truly leaves, or a person did something to get life in prison without parole.

You see people put down dogs or other animals because they are in pain, so why not humans? Should humans carry the burden? (I personally find that we are equal in this regard) Besides, it’s not even the animals choice, but for a human it is their choice they choose for themselves.

>TL;DR Tell me your opinions and discuss about suicide. Sorry if my wording seems annoying, I will edit it the best I can to make it easier to read.

think of it more as “termination”

a persons body and mind belongs to themselves and if they decide logically that they are done with life and have accomplished everything that they wanted to, then why wouldnt they be allowed to decide to choose their own ending?

Flag Post

When you want to suicide, you can sacrifice everything or do everything before doing it.

Why?

Because YOUR LIFE IS WORTH MORE THAN SUICIDE.

IT IS SO MUCH WORTH THAT YOU CAN TRADE YOUR LIFE WITH ALMOST EVERYTHING.
(Your life is so worth that you can suicide to pay or clear what you have done)

LIFE CAN INCREASE ITS VALUE. THAT’s one reason why suicide is never a good solution for real life.
(LIFE CAN CHANGE LIFE IF IT HAS ENOUGH VALUE)

Afterlife

ONE OF THE TRUST IS … you will be decomposed and each of your parts will become other things.
(other thing like mind, ghost, bla bla bla you can add it)

suicide is not a good idea…

Flag Post

slave or not is not important.

LIFE CAN CHANGE LIFE.

you can change yourself no matter what it needs 1 000 times or 1 000 000 times.
No way it can be infinite.

NOTHING STAYS THE SAME FOREVER.

EVERYTHING KEEPS MOVING, GOING AROUND.

STRENGTHEN YOURSELF, Get the job done!

Flag Post
Originally posted by AirmanAlex:

I Think Suicide is bad, unless your actually going through Severe Physical Pain, not emotional.

But I don’t believe that its wrong, i was raised Catholic, and was always taught, you commit suicide you go to hell.
Well, why? A lot of people who commit suicide, arnt thinking straight, and make a bad choice. So a all forgiving god would punish you for that? (Im not a catholic anymore, nor do i believe in heaven/hell)

like i said in a preiouvs thread: they shoulod make a clinic where people can choose to go to terminate their life (nothing wrong with being done with life)

and they should be allowed to do this no matter what their state, because no one can force them to live. although the clinic would be allowed to deny service if they dont want to terminate a healthy or depressed person.

point is: its no one elses choice but your own. :)

Flag Post

I’m not saying I agree that suicide is a good choice in life, yet I’m not against it. I believe that nobody should tell you how to live (or end) your life or how you’re going to go, or what’s going to happen if you do so and so, because it’s not their choice. I believe people can be depressed for a certain amount of time and they can come out of it, but being there, if someone is going through unbearable pain and has no other options, then I believe it is okay because it’s their choice.

Maybe if people could find some sort of middle grounds they could come to an agreement. Maybe if one could wait, or go through certain extents to try to fix what is going on in their life, then it might be okay in other people’s eyes. But either way, if somebody deems that they don’t want to live anymore, regardless of who they are, they should be able to make that decision.

Flag Post

Suicide as well as assisted suicide should be legal in my opinion.
And it really should be legal in the USA for example, although it isn’t currently.

It’s not legal because it takes your life.
However, the USA is suppose to go with “the pursuit of happiness” as a unalienable right.
Suicide or assisted suicide should be a unalienable right as a result.

If you’re suffering, and you want to go then you should be able to.
Shouldn’t this logically be covered in the pursuit of happiness?

If someone forces you to stay alive, wouldn’t they be torturing you?

Flag Post

I don’t think suicide is a great thing to do at all.

Flag Post

I think if people are bed ridden and terminally ill or whatever, and they want to pull the plug, they should be able to. Also assisted suicide used to happen anyways, and Kevorkian never got in trouble. Too bad he’s dead now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

Suicide as well as assisted suicide should be legal in my opinion.
And it really should be legal in the USA for example, although it isn’t currently.

It’s not legal because it takes your life.
However, the USA is suppose to go with “the pursuit of happiness” as a unalienable right.
Suicide or assisted suicide should be a unalienable right as a result.

If you’re suffering, and you want to go then you should be able to.
Shouldn’t this logically be covered in the pursuit of happiness?

If someone forces you to stay alive, wouldn’t they be torturing you?

If you kill yourself and assuming you have conciseness after death ( ex- afterlife/rebirth) i don’t believe that anyone would be happy. People see suicide as the easy way out without considering the good things in life. Suicide is a perninment solution to a temporary problem

Flag Post

That’s only true if the problem is temporary. With something like Alzheimers for example, your mind will be gone and all that will be left is a vacant shell of a body, continuing on. Why should you not be allowed to end it, whilst your mind still exists?

Flag Post

Depression, a common problem leading to suicide, is hard to find a remedy for. With no one genuinely out there willing to help, how can one get out of depression? Furthermore, if you’re a man (men committing suicide at a rate 3 times higher than women) society makes you repress your feelings and forces you to be stoic. Many men can’t take that, and so do what really is the only way out: suicide.

And if ‘heaven’ exists, then that can only be good. Same goes for the Buddhist afterlife. Oh, and if the Muslim heaven exists, then it is bloody great.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Furthermore, if you’re a man (men committing suicide at a rate 3 times higher than women) society makes you repress your feelings and forces you to be stoic. Many men can’t take that, and so do what really is the only way out: suicide.

What society do you live in? It sounds horrible!

Flag Post

Depression, a common problem leading to suicide, is hard to find a remedy for. With no one genuinely out there willing to help, how can one get out of depression? Furthermore, if you’re a man (men committing suicide at a rate 3 times higher than women) society makes you repress your feelings and forces you to be stoic. Many men can’t take that, and so do what really is the only way out: suicide.

And if ‘heaven’ exists, then that can only be good. Same goes for the Buddhist afterlife. Oh, and if the Muslim heaven exists, then it is bloody great.

You can be my passport to muslim heaven, if I believed on certain sect.

Originally posted by vikaTae:

That’s only true if the problem is temporary. With something like Alzheimers for example, your mind will be gone and all that will be left is a vacant shell of a body, continuing on. Why should you not be allowed to end it, whilst your mind still exists?

Life goes on, time heals all wounds, even if it does not, one learns to live with his pain and demons.
What I am trying to say is :-
“suicide is coward, stupidit and impatient, nothing good comes out of it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thepunisher52:

Coward..Stupid…Impatient… Certainely, you never met a man who knew he was gonna die in a week and had a choice; to die peacefully by suicide, or to die horribly and cruely by nature’s wrath… It is understandable that you didnt think of this. Sure, when most people think of suicide, they think of teens who “can’t take it anymore”. But thats the wrong image. Seriously, get it out of your head! There are people who need it, who dont have a choice to live and dont want to suffer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kwadwo195:

I don’t think suicide is a great thing to do at all.

why not?

if people think they are done with life, then why not?

why would anyone want to slowly die by age in a humiliating manner?

Depression is bad
not suicide (just a word used for taking own life, sometimes because of depression and sometimes not)

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

Furthermore, if you’re a man (men committing suicide at a rate 3 times higher than women) society makes you repress your feelings and forces you to be stoic. Many men can’t take that, and so do what really is the only way out: suicide.

Western society, the same one as you I presume. As a male, society disapproves of you talking about your “feelings” because it’s not perceived as “manly”. Talk to your male friends about your feelings and they’ll try to avoid the conversation. The same occurs if you’re trying to talk about your feelings to a woman, except they like you less after expressing your feelings. Try it. Talk to your male friends about your feelings after breaking up with a girlfriend, see if they comfort you at all.

Since that is the situation, many men can’t seek help. Especially when they’re in a state of depression. This is why men commit suicide at a rate three times higher than women.

Flag Post

I say there should be an age limit for suicide. Suicide rates are highest in teens (hormones?), so it could be that you could just grow out of it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nerdsoft:

I say there should be an age limit for suicide. Suicide rates are highest in teens (hormones?), so it could be that you could just grow out of it.

dont think anyone is going to concern themselves with suicide laws.

if someones depressed, they are going to kill themselves, they wont care about laws, since theyre gonna die anyway.

if there were a clinic that terminated you on your request → then there should be an age limit to apply.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hangman95:
Originally posted by thepunisher52:

Coward..Stupid…Impatient… Certainely, you never met a man who knew he was gonna die in a week and had a choice; to die peacefully by suicide, or to die horribly and cruely by nature’s wrath… It is understandable that you didnt think of this. Sure, when most people think of suicide, they think of teens who “can’t take it anymore”. But thats the wrong image. Seriously, get it out of your head! There are people who need it, who dont have a choice to live and dont want to suffer.

If you can’t handle the gift of life, you are weak and stupid and impatient, whether you are sixteen or sixty.
There always is a choice.

Flag Post

Western society, the same one as you I presume. As a male, society disapproves of you talking about your “feelings” because it’s not perceived as “manly”. Talk to your male friends about your feelings and they’ll try to avoid the conversation. The same occurs if you’re trying to talk about your feelings to a woman, except they like you less after expressing your feelings. Try it. Talk to your male friends about your feelings after breaking up with a girlfriend, see if they comfort you at all.

Since that is the situation, many men can’t seek help. Especially when they’re in a state of depression. This is why men commit suicide at a rate three times higher than women.

You need better friends.

Yes all of what you said is a stereotype of society that is true in many films and TV shows, but it is not true in the real world. If you are experiencing this then it maybe time to find better friends rather than blame society

Flag Post
Originally posted by IrrelevantIrony:

Maybe living is really dying.

yip. everything that you do thru your life isn’t going to mean a single thing, cause we all gona die anyway. so why bother with anything?

Flag Post

You need better friends.

Yes all of what you said is a stereotype of society that is true in many films and TV shows, but it is not true in the real world. If you are experiencing this then it maybe time to find better friends rather than blame society

I wasn’t talking about me… at all. Nothing like this has happened to me. I’m merely reflecting some of the reasons why men commit suicide at a rate 3 times higher than women. Men do find it harder to seek help in these situations. Consequently, they kill themselves more.

Flag Post

So we’re back to education, and letting these people understand that there is help available, and they don’t need to rely on macho bullshit for anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

So we’re back to education, and letting these people understand that there is help available, and they don’t need to rely on macho bullshit for anything.

They are weak and selfish, good riddence

Flag Post

I recently heard from one of my friends that someone I knew committed suicide. I was barely an acquaintance to them, and yet I feel like my heart was trampled on and left to burn in a forest fire. People are sacred. Every person is like a universe. They bring something unique to the world that no one else could. When they pass away, it is sad. When a person commits suicide, it is depressing. Not only is that world of wonder they brought to the community gone, but the wonders the community saw as so fantastic were in this person’s mind, unbearable; so unbearable that the only path to mercy was through death.

It angers me when people think of “allowing” suicide or not, as if they have the right to say. Do I wish my barely-an-acquaintance was still around? Hell yes. But if that meant making her suffer so much that she would rather die, then fuck that. At that point, the splendour she brings does not make up for the suffering she must endure to bring about said splendour—suffering that I am responsible for if I force/support the illegality of suicide. It is and always will be tragic when someone commits suicide. But the act of making suicide illegal undermines the sacred connection we share with all people. If someone wants to commit suicide, they’ll find a way to do it. Whether that involves sucking a bullet or jumping off a bridge or hanging themselves, it will happen. All we can do is hope that they are in a better place.