Dammit Karma, get in here. page 5

215 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Privett:

How to threads like this make it onto serious topics?

You mean SD? Well, you could ask why that “infinite bookcase” thread was on SD, or why many other slightly less “serious” threads were made here.

Flag Post

How do threads like this make it onto serious topics?

The mods allow it because they’re all bronies. You might think of it as a Brony Cabal.

You mean SD? Well, you could ask why that “infinite bookcase” thread was on SD, or why many other slightly less “serious” threads were made here.

Except that thread was a highly philosophical discussion while this one is you—and other bronies—telling fencesitters like me to watch the show, and then getting irritated when we don’t say anything more intelligent than ‘Fuck no!’

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:

The mods allow it because they’re all bronies. You might think of it as a Brony Cabal.

Except that thread was a highly philosophical discussion while this one is you—and other bronies—telling fencesitters like me to watch the show, and then getting irritated when we don’t say anything more intelligent than ‘Fuck no!’

I feel left out, what exactly is a bronie?

Flag Post

Mutant horse half-breeds. In ancient times they were called centaurs. It’s like that show True Blood but for horse people.

Flag Post

Not at all. There are no centaurs in the world of Equestria. Just cartoon horses.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xian217:

Not at all. There are no centaurs in the world of Equestria. Just cartoon horses.

Here we have a good example of the Brony Cabal in action, spreading misinformation (lies) as usual.

When Bronies first showed up in public in the late eighties, we called them ‘horsies’, and like homosexuals, there was a big backlash from the public, including a number of riots, the largest probably being the Bronie Massacre in Boston in ‘92. 9 Bronies were killed, including a sixteen year-old brony named Terrence Lee Sunshine Eyes, who became a martyr and rallying symbol for the minority. After that there was a big scandal, including a few rumours that Boston’s City Council had deliberately provoked the riot to wipe out the bronie scourge in their midst.

In order to forestall nation-wide discrimination and to keep the bronie population (who are all liberals, coincidentally) happy, Clinton and the Democrats pushed through an Affirmative Action bill called ‘The Bronie Awareness Friendship is Magic Act’ which led to a number of government mandated cartoons forced into children’s programming intended to indoctrinate children to accept bronies as regular people, instead of the genetic aberrations they actually are. So now we have this cartoon called ‘My Little Pony’ that the bronies want us all to watch for their twisted political agenda, but the bizarre thing is that it features unicorns, not horse people. And everybody knows there’s no such thing as unicorns, so wtf amirite?

So it’s all pretty screwed up.

Oh, here’s a few links:

Brony

Boston Brony Massacre

Horsies

Friendship Is Magic Act

EDIT: I think the first two links are broken or not working right. That would also be the work of the Brony Cabal. They’re Pro-SOPA too. Not really making it easy to be accepted, are they?

Flag Post

Here we have a good example of the Brony Cabal in action, spreading misinformation as usual.

When Bronies first showed up in public in the late eighties, we called them ‘horsies’, and like, homosexuals, there was a big backlash from the public, including a number of riots, the largest probably being the Bronie Massacre in Boston in ‘92. After that, Clinton and the Democrats pushed through an Affirmative Action bill called ’The Bronie Awareness Friendship is Magic Act’ which led to a number of government mandated cartoons forced into children’s programming intended to indoctrinate children to accept bronies as regular people. So now we have this cartoon called ‘My Little Pony’ that the bronies want us all to watch for their twisted political agenda, but the bizarre thing is that it features unicorns, not bronies.

So it’s pretty screwed up.

Of course we all know of the, unfortunate, massacre of the horsies back in ’92 but we have moved on from those inferior ways.

We had many rulers back then with no exact dominance of friendship up until the eventual disbanding of the entire group back in the ‘Great Horsey Depression’ of 1998. Many horsies went off to assimilate themselves in the Powerpuffgirls fanclubs, and many traces of fossilized horsies can even still be found today worshipping Sailor Moon. It was chaos until our new ruler the Great and Powerful Lauren Faust dragged us out from our desecrated homes and reunited us under one banner of tolerance and friendship.

So as a renewed group filled with hope and vigor we plea to you to give us one more chance. Welcome us with open arms and brohoofs shall be had all around the world!

Flag Post

Wow. Janto I haven’t laughed that hard in a good long while. Hats off to you sir, you made my day.

Flag Post

I feel left out, what exactly is a bronie?

Well, I don’t know what a bronie is, but if you look at some of the links in the first post, you’d see some review/explanations about the show and the fandom and what a brony is, there’s also this article that I like.

Flag Post

To the actual question, if it wasn’t already apparent, I am a brony. I suppose this is the part where I explain points of the show so lets get on with it.

• The animation. It’s not bad, and it’s a vast improvement from the other generations, but it’s not all that great. Sure they don’t have choppy animations and don’t really reuse scenes and such but the only thing I cared about is that they were approachable. One of the worst things the other generations did was make them look more like horses. At least with this they are made to look like more of a cartoon which makes them look much better in my book. More human.
  • The voice acting. They are pretty good and they go with the characters, but after a lot of time with cartoons you kind of expect them to be good.
  • The plot. It’s basic in most of how the stories go. If you see the title “May the Best Pet Win” you can already bet that a turtle, or a tortoise, will win the competition with some form of a slow and steady wins the race aesop. It isn’t nearly as bad as I expected from My Little pony though, which would of been tea parties and a plot built around frolicking in a meadow, so that is a large improvement from my expectations.
  • The fandom. It is agathokakological. We have some wonderful artists that were inspired by the show, but then we have the Rule 34 guys who make us all look like grown men who clop to ponies or try to jam the show down everyponies throat so I can’t really say it’s all that great. Although in contrast some bronies have lately been doing some good stuff. The humble brony bundle donated over 15k dollars to the humble bundle for instance.

All in all it’s a great show and I enjoy watching the episodes, but I can’t really explain why I like it or the fandom really. Perhaps we can add some Freudian logic of us all wanting to be little girls, or maybe it is just cute enough that we don’t find it to be horrible.

Flag Post
  • The animation. It’s not bad, and it’s a vast improvement from the other generations, but it’s not all that great. Sure they don’t have choppy animations and don’t really reuse scenes and such but the only thing I cared about is that they were approachable. One of the worst things the other generations did was make them look more like horses. At least with this they are made to look like more of a cartoon which makes them look much better in my book. More human.
  • Well it does deserve a few more points for being done entirely in flash.

Flag Post

Well it does deserve a few more points for being done entirely in flash.

Like pity-points?

Flag Post

Like pity-points?

Have you ever tried to do flash animation?

Flag Post
    Originally posted by tenco1:

Like pity-points?

Have you ever tried to do flash animation?

This is where you tell me how much effort it actually takes, and I tell you I don’t much care, because I’m the viewer, and all that matters is that it looks good, not how hard the artists slaved over it. It’s like praising a cook because he spent all day in the kitchen preparing the meal, but the meal itself is only adequate, not superb. Hence, pity-points.

EDIT: I mean, hypothetically I’m the viewer. I don’t watch shows for little girls.

Flag Post

This is where you tell me how much effort it actually takes, and I tell you I don’t much care, because I’m the viewer, and all that matters is that it looks good, not how hard the artists slaved over it. It’s like praising a cook because he spent all day in the kitchen preparing the meal, but the meal itself is only adequate, not superb. Hence, pity-points.

The point was, there was effort put into it, unlike this pile of shit.

EDIT: I mean, hypothetically I’m the viewer. I don’t watch shows for little girls.

Totally for little girls.

Flag Post

Right, but my point was that the effort put in is completely irrelevant, since it’s the results that matter. If you’re ok with the results, that’s cool, but I’m not going to like something any moreso because the production team worked their asses off…especially since we’re relying purely on the assumption that flash = hard work. I mean, considering where we are (Kong) I think we can break that particular theory pretty easily.

Little girl shows can still discuss mature issues. Doesn’t mean I recommend Star Wars (or other prepubscent fluff) as a good source for manichean philosophy.

Flag Post

Right, but my point was that the effort put in is completely irrelevant, since it’s the results that matter. If you’re ok with the results, that’s cool, but I’m not going to like something any moreso because the production team worked their asses off…especially since we’re relying purely on the assumption that flash = hard work. I mean, considering where we are (Kong) I think we can break that particular theory pretty easily.

I ask you again; have you ever done any work with Flash?

Little girl shows can still discuss mature issues.

Yes, but how often does it happen and how mature does it get?

Doesn’t mean I recommend Star Wars (or other prepubscent fluff) as a good source for manichean philosophy.

…What?

Also bump

Flag Post

I didn’t take the time to read the entire thread, but what I can say is, many of the people posting here are stupid.

Zomebieluigi is the perfect example of a what not to be, as a brony. He treats everybody who isn’t a brony like scum, and insists that they are [insert profanity here], for not being a fan of the show. He somehow manages to squeeze ponies into the subject no matter how unrelated they are, or at least posts an image of one. In all his spam, he has managed to forget one of the strongest, underlying messages in the show: love, tolerate, and don’t troll people, or you will be turned to stone by the elements of harmony.

Jantonaitis is a good example of not what to do when you aren’t a brony. He generalized all bronies as some kind of recruitment machines of doom who will not stop until the world is theres, and hate all who oppose them. Basically, he believes that every brony is zombieluigi. I’m not sure whether or not he has watched the show, I’m going to guess he hasn’t bothered watching, because he already made the snap judgment that all bronies are made of evil. Assuming he has, though, it seems even more stupid of him to come to the conclusion that his opinions are actually facts, then try to scream said opinions as loud as possible to as many bronies as possible.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by Darkscanner:

I didn’t take the time to read the entire thread, but what I can say is, many of the people posting here are stupid.

Zomebieluigi is the perfect example of a what not to be, as a brony. He treats everybody who isn’t a brony like scum, and insists that they are [insert profanity here], for not being a fan of the show. He somehow manages to squeeze ponies into the subject no matter how unrelated they are, or at least posts an image of one. In all his spam, he has managed to forget one of the strongest, underlying messages in the show: love, tolerate, and don’t troll people, or you will be turned to stone by the elements of harmony.

Jantonaitis is a good example of not what to do when you aren’t a brony. He generalized all bronies as some kind of recruitment machines of doom who will not stop until the world is theres, and hate all who oppose them. Basically, he believes that every brony is zombieluigi. I’m not sure whether or not he has watched the show, I’m going to guess he hasn’t bothered watching, because he already made the snap judgment that all bronies are made of evil. Assuming he has, though, it seems even more stupid of him to come to the conclusion that his opinions are actually facts, then try to scream said opinions as loud as possible to as many bronies as possible.

people taking the extreme ends of a debate in an SD thread?

THIS IS UNHEARD OF!

But really, most people hate bronies because the most vocal bronies are the ones who spam pony macros and say things like “everypony” unironically. But, bronies also obsess way too much over a show meant for little girls. They have named every background character (as in, a filler character that serves no purpose other than filling in a crowd). They memorize literally every song from the show.

Both anti-bronies and bronies are wrong. However, it is fun to lurk and watch them fight.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by Caw_Caw:
    Originally posted by Darkscanner:

people taking the extreme ends of a debate in an SD thread?

THIS IS UNHEARD OF!

But really, most people hate bronies because the most vocal bronies are the ones who spam pony macros and say things like “everypony” unironically. But, bronies also obsess way too much over a show meant for little girls. They have named every background character (as in, a filler character that serves no purpose other than filling in a crowd). They memorize literally every song from the show.

Both anti-bronies and bronies are wrong. However, it is fun to lurk and watch them fight.

So, using a form of slang is wrong? then we should ban , LoL, rofl, lmao, sup, dude, etc.
    Naming backround characters is bad? Well, then get rid of ’Badge man" he had nothing to do with JFK
    memorizing songs? Then we should kill every professional singer…

Your argument is invalid due to modern society!

Flag Post

I don’t have a problem with the show itself. However, the fanbase is cancer incarnate, and should be rounded up in one place, then nuked.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

I don’t have a problem with the show itself. However, the fanbase is cancer incarnate, and should be rounded up in one place, then nuked.

I shall only listen to your narrow minded argument if you meet the following requirements…
    "
    If you are over the age of 7 and have watched spongebob, or any other show rated TV 7",shut up

If you are a male and you have ever watched a show with a female main character, shut up. because, that makes the show girly, so Dora, Victorious, ICarly, and Resident Evil, if youve seen those, shut up.

If you have watched any show, made for an age group younger then you are, shut up, doesnt matter if you have kids who watch it!

Aparently, memorizing songs is also wrong, so If you know the words to any song, shut up!

If you have ever used slang like, was sup, dude, hey, etc. shut up, because that to is wrong!

So, who does that leave?

I will now accept insults from 7 year old girls, who do not listen to music, and were raised by English teachers.

Anyone else, shut up, because insulting bronies would make you a hypocrite!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Explain in detail why Bronies are idiots. Because I can think of many other groups who are greater idiots.

• Scientologists – freakin alien souls cause human sadness?
    • Catholics – you believe in a invisible giant in the sky, who loves everyone except gays?
    • Terrorists- blowing people up, is a way to get into heaven?

So why do fans of a T.V show get the full weight of the attack?

Flag Post
    Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

And why are they so bad, exactly?